Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Stephen and Chris are on The Million Pound Drop tonight. Not sure I can suffer bloody Davina >:(

Shame it wasn't Louis and his mum or dad
    He's certainly clever enough to answer questions and his voice is considerably louder than Davinas 😁😁
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case anyone is interested, Dom and Steph are currently on More4 on Four in a Bed, which is where it all started :)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Shame it wasn't Louis and his mum or dad
    He's certainly clever enough to answer questions and his voice is considerably louder than Davinas 😁😁

I think they would have done better than these lads :blush: But on the good side. I only had to suffer Bloody Davina for a short while :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In case anyone is interested, Dom and Steph are currently on More4 on Four in a Bed, which is where it all started :)

I did watch a bit of it and sounds like Dom has always been a bit of a lad :D They were a tad quiet on there. Shame the fame of Gogglebox has made them to OTT now for my liking :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have just read that George went into the BB House :confused:

But then I read through who else is in and I was still :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I take it is not a celeb one this year :D
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends if you've heard of them, how much, how long for and if your relatives, friends & colleagues have also heard about them etc. It's all perspective. Never watched Emmerdale, but i do like that Claire King.:D
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dom and Steph were interviewed on Richard Bacon's 5live broadcast from the Edinburgh tv festival this afternoon. They weren't on for long, but were a good laugh as usual.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the show to come back next month for 12 episodes I believe. I love watching everyone on it. It is a shame that George and his family won't be on it anymore his mum was really funny. I was disgusted the channel 4 producer revealed George had left the show to go on big brother due to the dire financial situation of the family it is nobodies business and she should never have revealed this to the media and public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the show to come back next month for 12 episodes I believe. I love watching everyone on it. It is a shame that George and his family won't be on it anymore his mum was really funny. I was disgusted the channel 4 producer revealed George had left the show to go on big brother due to the dire financial situation of the family it is nobodies business and she should never have revealed this to the media and public.

I wonder if that is what George said so he could go in the BB house. Why would you disclose that personal information?

I am not a fan of the Canvey family but surely they could have just got rid of George and still kept the parents. Seems odd to get rid of all of them.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering who will be back on the new series. I like Steph and Dom although it's a bit forced sometimes. Don't like the Vicar but find her husband and dog unintentionally amusing. Can't stand the hairdresser bloke with glasses because practically everything he says is crude but the other lad is ok. The Tapper family would be bearable without the annoyingly loud Amy. The Micheals family( I think that's their name) would be ok without the mum, she just grates on me . I think George's family could have been kept but I'm glad he's gone. Don't see the point in the two older men. They are quite boring. I like the two ladies from Brixton even though they are not the sharpest tools in the box.
  • Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I have only seen this advertised in the trailers and for me it seems too awful to watch. I can put up with a lot of rubbish but this is definitely where the line is drawn for me.

Best

M
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I wonder if that is what George said so he could go in the BB house. Why would you disclose that personal information?

I am not a fan of the Canvey family but surely they could have just got rid of George and still kept the parents. Seems odd to get rid of all of them.

They live in Clacton, not Canvey.:)

I'm not sure if it would work with just the parents though, George did most of the talking.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the County Durham family aren't coming back. The daughter was incredibly thick, annoying and had far too much fake tan and make-up on
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I look forward to seeing them all again, or whatever new family/couple they have on.

No point in watching if one's tolerance level is grating to a peak just watching a couple of random people giving their opinion on trivial bits of telly.

It seems everyone is so taken up in the legacy of reality TV that they feel every programme is basically asking them "Who do you want to go?" "Who needs to be evicted?".
    Silly.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misfitt wrote: »
    I have only seen this advertised in the trailers and for me it seems too awful to watch. I can put up with a lot of rubbish but this is definitely where the line is drawn for me.

Best

M
    So you haven't seen it, but it's awful?
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Andy_G wrote: »
    They live in Clacton, not Canvey.:)

I'm not sure if it would work with just the parents though, George did most of the talking.

I can't be certain but I thought his Mum and Stepdad were in a series [or even more than one] without him and that he joined in later.

:confused:
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Clacton lot. The mum comes out with the ditziest things! And I really enjoyed the Liverpool lads - don't see why they were chucked off the show. The UKIP-ers can begone, however.

A bit of regional diversity would be appreciated, too...
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I think the Vicar and husband should go, but their dog should stay.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for its return on Friday!

Will watch after The X Factor. Going to be a fun Friday :blush:

EDIT - Friday is tomorrow! squeeeeeeee :D
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline is doing the voiceover.
    I shall be watching for the new families and to see what they all made of the Referendum result & the doco on Muslims who are polygamous (which I just watched). However, I expect to fast-foward through most of the rest...
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c5m4ny/gogglebox--series-4---episode-1
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo looking forward to this tonight :D
  • Options
    1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Vicar and husband should go, but their dog should stay.

I hope the German guy stays - he cracks me up!!!

"I can't get my head around a man wearing women's cloths"

5 / 10 second pause...

Wife: "There is a picture of you wearing a bra"

"That was after 20 pints!"

You could not make up dialog as good as that.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if these two are aware they sit under this pic lol
    http://legacymedia.localworld.co.uk/276453/Article/images/22367667/1090157-large.jpg
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Oh what stunts they are pulling tonight: For weeks there has been sod all on a Friday night and now you get Strictly, X Factor and Googlebox on all at the same time.

Prats!
This discussion has been closed.