Billie Piper looking very strange

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772927/Billie-kicks-green-wellies-goes-life-city.html

She is most peculiar looking. This pic is the spit of the transvestite Maxine from Wentworth prison. :D

Comments

• Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strangest thing isn't just her face but that she is described as an 'actress'. :p:D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's old Chazbaps!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she reminds me of the one of the riddlers or a duck that was granted a wish and asked to become a human
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is one of those women that just wont look good getting older.
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I think it depends what show she's in. She's been pretty good in Penny Dreadful and does a convincing Northern Irish accent too.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772927/Billie-kicks-green-wellies-goes-life-city.html

She is most peculiar looking. This pic is the spit of the transvestite Maxine from Wentworth prison. :D

Probably just because of the way her face looks at that particular moment.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has always said that she got out of the pop world because she hated having to look a certain way.

I like her and think she is a very versatile actress who doesn't care how she looks and that picture is just a bad picture of her and we all have those but at least she isn't demanding it is not printed and is a media **** always dressed up for the camera like some z listers too many to name
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That jaw is really quite something :o
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is "god bless all the hairstylists and make up people... ahem" :D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was good as Rose Tyler in Doctor Who.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your camera, go stand in front of the mirror and fire off 50 or so shots. When you take a look at them all, remind yourself it was all taken over the course of a single minute or so. Its very easy to get a bad picture of someone, to suit whatever narrative the writer wants to portray.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been pretty good in Penny Dreadful and does a convincing Northern Irish accent too.

Well, she attempts to do a convincing Northern Irish accent...
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    She looks alright to me, just not glammed up and caught pulling a 'funny' face, happens to the best of us. She's a lovely actress and a very attractive woman.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was apparently excellent in "Great Britain" at the National Theatre recently.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Get your camera, go stand in front of the mirror and fire off 50 or so shots. When you take a look at them all, remind yourself it was all taken over the course of a single minute or so. Its very easy to get a bad picture of someone, to suit whatever narrative the writer wants to portray.
    AntoniaA wrote: »
    She looks alright to me, just not glammed up and caught pulling a 'funny' face, happens to the best of us. She's a lovely actress and a very attractive woman.

Thank you. So pathetic and shallow to see a by all accounts really nice, attractive and talented actress being ripped to bits because of one not particularly flattering picture.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what I thought :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is she just an "actress" (and quite a good one). And I don't mean "just" in a negative term.

We are so conditioned now into thinking everyone looks like they are on the telly we forget that to many it's just a job to pay the bills.

The reason many look amazing in the films and on telly is because of the stylists and make up artists employed to make them look "good" in the eyes of the general public, hence my "god bless" them post. And not just the ladies!

Scrape away the stage make up and most of them just look like us. She has never portrayed herself to be a super beauty like many of the z celebs think they are (and I mean that tongue in cheek!) who get by on popping out the shops in full thick slap and hair extensions to get papped.

She will get jobs as she gets older as she is a good character actress, rather than just another "pretty face". (even though I would kill for some of her bone structure!!)
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    The thing is she just an "actress" (and quite a good one). And I don't mean "just" in a negative term.

We are so conditioned now into thinking everyone looks like they are on the telly we forget that to many it's just a job to pay the bills.

The reason many look amazing in the films and on telly is because of the stylists and make up artists employed to make them look "good" in the eyes of the general public, hence my "god bless" them post. And not just the ladies!

Scrape away the stage make up and most of them just look like us. She has never portrayed herself to be a super beauty like many of the z celebs think they are (and I mean that tongue in cheek!) who get by on popping out the shops in full thick slap and hair extensions to get papped.

She will get jobs as she gets older as she is a good character actress, rather than just another "pretty face". (even though I would kill for some of her bone structure!!)

^ I don't understand what you mean above. What does 'us' look like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    ^ I don't understand what you mean above. What does 'us' look like?

"us" as the collective us. Normal, everyday, average Joe people .As in the collective human race rather than some perfect image created by the silver screen or photoshop or magazine spread.

The people you see every day on the street, warts and all and bad hair days and spots and red noses. You know... "us".
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The picture near the bottom showing her with John Hurt in Doctor Who says that she's there in the picture playing Rose,
    Which is inaccurate. When she came back for that role she wasn't playing Rose at all.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    That jaw is really quite something :o

The David Ten-Inch affect :D
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »

Yes, she made that show unwatchable, for me, with that voice.

I'm not going to slag off her looks from a bad photo, in fact I won't even click on the link considering the source, and the general misogyny of the site.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Yes, she made that show unwatchable, for me, with that voice.

:D. Same here. Loved the rest of the cast but that accent was like scraping a plate :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does that article keep referring to "Mr Fox" and "Miss Piper"? Not the DMs usual style of writing!
    I think she looks just fine, I like that she and Laurence seem quite grounded, too.
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Thank you. So pathetic and shallow to see a by all accounts really nice, attractive and talented actress being ripped to bits because of one not particularly flattering picture.

Agreed. She always comes across as really down to earth.:)