Options

Is Your Children Watching The Election?

QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering, as my 13 year old daughter is watching this and I have tried to get her to go to bed. She normally is very good (in bed by 9pm), but she's found all this very interesting, especially as they have been talking politics at school.
Do you have children/young teenagers watching?

Comments

• Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 17 and have been following with great interest :D do i count? I'm still so shocked about east belfast!
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm 17 and its my day off from college tomorrow so I'm staying up all night to watch this - on my own! The parents have long been in bed...
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not. Both of them have work tomorrow.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnes no. Mine are 14 and 15 and whilst very interested (they will be old enough to vote in 4 years) they have school tomorrow. No decent result will be in until the wee hours. I packed them off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son is 16 and is sitting up watching it with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darakinss wrote: »
    I'm 17 and have been following with great interest :D do i count? I'm still so shocked about east belfast!

GOOD OR BAD SHOCKED...?:D
  • Options
    robertshererobertshere Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    no our 10 year old said tonight she doesnt know why anyone bothers voting because its boring so i told her somebody might start 'the go to school 7 days a week party' and if nobody voted they might get into power. she was very alarmed and said straight away oh my god i definitley voting when im old enough!! :D:D

its good your kids are showing an interest you should encourage it. its a one off a late night just once will do no harm probably learn more tonight than tomorrow anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grammatical error in your title. :S
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Don't really think I technically count as a child:D, but I am a 19 year old student (so did vote) and I intend to stay up all night, finding the result announcements interesting viewing. I'm pretty new to this, so can somebody tell me- how many constituency results are going to be televised? Stupid question I am guessing:D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im 16, Im watching it, but have to get up for politics class at 7am tomorrow morning, so i might just see till about 3am then go off to bed
  • Options
    the.watsonthe.watson Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan48 wrote: »

That's the least of her worries if she's got a 13 year old who can make the rules.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    Goodnes no. Mine are 14 and 15 and whilst very interested (they will be old enough to vote in 4 years) they have school tomorrow. No decent result will be in until the wee hours. I packed them off.

So has my daughter and she has her SATS in June and I don't want her to be sleepy at school. She's in bed now drifting off with the election on the radio:eek: I think it's a novelty, something she hasn't really seen before.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 16 and watching.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,114
    Forum Member
    my 16 yr old is watching in his bedroom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Are you George Bush?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the.watson wrote: »
    That's the least of her worries if she's got a 13 year old who can make the rules.

She is asleep now. I should emphasize she NEVER stays up like this on a school night, ever. It's just that she's interested, which I think is a good thing. At least she's not staying up to watch some crappy MTV awards show in the middle of the morning:D
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    I remember, vividly, as a child. being allowed to stay up and watch the election coverage in the 60's & 70's along with events such as the moon landings and Cassius Clay/Henry Cooper fights.

I was even put to bed and then woken and brought downstairs for the occasion :eek:

These events will stay ingrained in my memory for all time -worth far more than a routine day at school !!

(and yes - please amend your thread title, I'm developing an extremely low threshold for grammatical errors - think of your daughter!)
  • Options
    CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    That's appalling grammar in that title. :D

I should be:

Iz Your Children Watching The Election?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan48 wrote: »

Yeah, I know. It sounds quite a patronising thread too, seeing as the way I phrased it should be open to all youngsters, not just to parents of young children/teenagers. I have always said, I'm not as eloquent as other posters here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's appalling grammar in that title. :D

I should be:

Iz Your Children Watching The Election?

Or

Iz Ur Kidz Watchin' Election
  • Options
    Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I ever had children and one day, God willing, I never will, I'd insist they stay up all night.

Very, very important you insert into them at a young age the importance of taking an interest in the political system.
  • Options
    huffy72huffy72 Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just wondering, as my 13 year old daughter is watching this and I have tried to get her to go to bed. She normally is very good (in bed by 9pm), but she's found all this very interesting, especially as they have been talking politics at school.
    Do you have children/young teenagers watching?
    "are" your:mad:
  • Options
    GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I ever had children and one day, God willing, I never will, I'd insist they stay up all night.

Very, very important you insert into them at a young age the importance of taking an interest in the political system.

I agree PP.

I know when I was a young kid I was allowed to stay up and watch elections and I loved it.
  • Options
    Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huffy72 wrote: »
    "are" your:mad:

Well you've got the right name.
  • Options
    bk2006bk2006 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 ...nearly 19.

Grown a new passion for politics! so fun.

I voted for the first time today for Conservative. :)