Options

Bernard Matthews has died

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Did/Do you eat any of the BM range of foods?

I remember turkey drumsticks. Last time I had one at a party it was quite sickening :D

But I did used to like the escolapes with cheese and breadcrumbs :)

Comments

• Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been known to eat the odd turkey drummer in my time. I haven't had one in years tho!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy a BM frozen turkey every year for Christmas. It's bootiful - really, it is.
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah - very sad.

Apparently police DON'T suspect fowl play *cringes* :o

He'll be cremated on Thursday - Gas mark 4 for 5 hours. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ lol

I know his was only one of many but I despised this mans farming methods and production. Sadly they wont die with him.
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,606
    Forum Member
    ^^^ lol

I know his was only one of many but I despised this mans farming methods and production. Sadly they wont die with him.

Couldn't agree more.

I was somewhat surprised to notice in my local tesco extra a couple of years ago that in amongst the sandwich meats there was free-range turkey on sale that was branded Bernard Matthews and so I bought some. When I returned to buy some more a few weeks later it was no longer on sale and it never returned to the shelves.
  • Options
    cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May he roast in peas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    So who's gonna make all the food now??

I have turkey drummers on bread last night for dinner. they where bootiful
  • Options
    paulsmithfanpaulsmithfan Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Good...one less animal abuser in the world.
  • Options
    Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good...one less animal abuser in the world.

He didn't abuse animals.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ lol

He brought affordable meat to the masses.

If all meat in butchers and supermarkets was organic and free range then the country it would become a luxury only for those who could afford it.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Rawr! wrote: »
    He didn't abuse animals.

Turkeys are animals.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

If all meat in butchers and supermarkets was organic and free range then the country it would become a luxury only for those who could afford it.

He bought mass produced processed muck to the masses and made our kids obese with those evil turkey twizzlers.
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,606
    Forum Member
    I usually feel an element of sadness when I read that somebody has died. That wasn't the case with Bernard Matthews and it's entirely for the reasons some other posters have made above.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    If Bernard Matthews didn't do it, someone else would have taken on the cheap turkey meat market - probably in another country, with less rules. Eventually though, we will get meat grown without the need of animals, and that will slowly get rid of intensive farms.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

I don't remember a lack of affordable meat previous to BM they were perfectly nice cheaper cuts that took some ingenuity and skill to cook but they were better for you than the mechanically recovered stuff BM churned out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Did/Do you eat any of the BM range of foods?

I remember turkey drumsticks. Last time I had one at a party it was quite sickening :D
    But I did used to like the escolapes with cheese and breadcrumbs :)
    They should have been bootiful :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like his Mini Turkey Kievs and pre-packed slices of Turkey Ham. It's not all crap he sells.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    bubbsy wrote: »
    I really like his Mini Turkey Kievs and pre-packed slices of Turkey Ham. It's not all crap he sells.
    I bet there was a lot of screeching and squeeling in the farm yard trying to produce that product :D