Signal Box on EE

Comments

• rightonpardrightonpard Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I don't suppose anyone has an EE signal box going spare?

Tried to get hold of one direct by going down the sim only route, but due to some 'company' running hundreds of searches on my credit record until thats sorted i've been told my credit score is too low for a sim only contract! - which is ridiculous, as I have zero debts whatsoever!

Anyway, if anyone has one going spare or would perhaps even sell me one? I'd much appriciate it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Sorry..... I'm madly in love with mine! We're inseparable.
  • bluestrawbluestraw Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else got problems on Orange today? My green light is showing, but when making a call it tries for a while then says 'call failed'. The green light flashes when the call is attempted, as if it's connected fine, but just never goes through.

Tried rebooting and resetting, to no avail. Tried calling Orange but of course they're closed... Any ideas?!
  • exterraexterra Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    My signal box has been down since mid afternoon - have tried resetting a few times but can't make or receive calls.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I'm madly in love with mine as well. I have two.
    Is that a threesome?..... Oh dear!
    Forum Member
    The one in my Devon bunker (registered to my iPhone on EE) is fine and works faultlessly.
    The one where I'm currently staying (due to life issues) is registered to my mate's Orange iPhone and randomly won't connect first time or the call drops after exactly 20 seconds and I have to dial again and then the call goes ok. Think it may be a router issue though as its plugged into an 8 year old D-Link DSL-604. Bunker router is a DG834G.
  • bluestrawbluestraw Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All working again this morning before I had a chance to call them :)
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Which number are you guys calling to find out about faulty boxes.. i think my Orange one is knackered. People are telling me my speech is garbled, the speeds over it are slow (only get 0.14mbps upload) on a 10mbps upload (Virgin) or a 20mbps upload (Sky Fibre) connection.
    Forum Member
    I'm not calling any numbers as I haven't sent one back but I would imagine normal CS would do it. Well in my case, Orange would balls it up and I wouldn't get anywhere and EE would sort it right away with no questions asked!
    Thought I'd reply with a totally unhelpful answer since no one else has.
    You have reset it haven't you? Course you have, you know what you're doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I have started having the same problem as The Lord Lucan have tried resetting the box it then works for one call and back to garbled I just phoned Orange on the number I used to register it in the first place (0800 079 0275) and after 25 minutes asking lots of questions they told me that they would look into the problem and get back to me (although could not give a timescale) so will have to wait, the box has been in the same place since and nothing has changed I first got it in January so not quite sure what they are going to look at. On the up side at least the weather has improved for having to go back to standing in the garden to make calls. Also meant to add that sometimes it does work then the problem can come and go during a call and it happens with all phones in the house 1 iPhone 4S and 2 Samsung Galaxy's S2 and S3
    Forum Member
    Stew which ISP are you with?

My iPhone 5 isn't so bad over it but that might be due to the HD overcoming the issue. 4S & friends S3 garbled.

I've sent a few emails about it and should be getting a call in the next day or so to se whats up.
    Forum Member
    Stew which ISP are you with?

My iPhone 5 isn't so bad over it but that might be due to the HD overcoming the issue. 4S & friends S3 garbled.

I've sent a few emails about it and should be getting a call in the next day or so to se whats up.

I am with Virgin getting 105mps down and 4.8mps up the signal box was working perfectly until about 10 days ago
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    Ok so EE sent me a signal box today because we are having issues due to some upgrades, plugged it all in, phoned them and activated it and green light is constant, do our phones just work with it now or do we have to connect them or something??
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lummo wrote: »
    Ok so EE sent me a signal box today because we are having issues due to some upgrades, plugged it all in, phoned them and activated it and green light is constant, do our phones just work with it now or do we have to connect them or something??

Your phones will just work :).
    Forum Member
    my signal box after working perfectly for 3 month has just stopped working have rebooted it and reset it to no avail I have a static green light so I know it is connected but none of the phones in the house will connect to it as though it is not transmitting a signal anyone else had his problem?
    Forum Member
    stew2676 wrote: »
    I am with Virgin getting 105mps down and 4.8mps up the signal box was working perfectly until about 10 days ago

I think there is an issue with Virgin Media and the signal box. Two more people saying the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    stew2676 wrote: »
    my signal box after working perfectly for 3 month has just stopped working have rebooted it and reset it to no avail I have a static green light so I know it is connected but none of the phones in the house will connect to it as though it is not transmitting a signal anyone else had his problem?

I had exactly the same problem with my signal box. It worked fine for a month and then the same issue as yours. At first I could get it to connect for a hour or so by pressing the reset button then within days it packed in. T-mobile sent me one out without any hassle. Just done a few checks and that was it.
  • exterraexterra Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    mine has been on the blink for 2 weeks now - only 1 in 10 or so inbound calls are connected but outbound calls are fine (this pattern is repeated on an EE handset and a T-mob handset). I've tried resetting it and calling EE for help (who were useless) and am not sure what to try next - if we;re at home calls just go to voicemail.
    Forum Member
    New box.. issues sorted.

For the person above did you call the number that came with the box?
    Forum Member
    Orange changed my box and now working perfectly again I am pleased to say
    Forum Member
    Do these new boxes have better firmware? Mine still occasionally drops the call immediately after is starts.
    very annoying.
    Also, does anyone know of a router that will prioritise IPSec tunnels? Or a router where you can prioritise the traffic on a specific Ethernet port? this would help me greatly as I only have a 1.5Mbps ADSL link and if I'm uploading or downloading a load of stuff the router can't cope and the call breaks up.
    Improvements coming though. My local exchange (Totnes) is getting FTTC before Christmas and out of the 22 or so Cabs on it only 8 are being done and mine (CAB PCP009) is on the list. I am 5Km from it though but I reckon 6-10 Meg could be possible.
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My one does go red and loses its connection several times a day for a few minutes and then reconfigures itself. Do you think mine needs changed.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Do these new boxes have better firmware? Mine still occasionally drops the call immediately after is starts.
    very annoying.
    Also, does anyone know of a router that will prioritise IPSec tunnels? Or a router where you can prioritise the traffic on a specific Ethernet port? this would help me greatly as I only have a 1.5Mbps ADSL link and if I'm uploading or downloading a load of stuff the router can't cope and the call breaks up.
    Improvements coming though. My local exchange (Totnes) is getting FTTC before Christmas and out of the 22 or so Cabs on it only 8 are being done and mine (CAB PCP009) is on the list. I am 5Km from it though but I reckon 6-10 Meg could be possible.

If you can find one cheap and have a bit of technical nouns the Buffalo WHR-G300N (I got mine for £20 from eBuyer a few weeks ago but it's no longer listed) with DD-WRT firmware onboard allows you to prioritise devices by IP Address and Mac and give them guaranteed bandwidth (make sure you reset the device after installing the firmware!),

I haven't had a need to use that though (being less than 250m from a fibre enabled cab and syncing at 79.6kbps means it's not a problem I face :cool: )
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    I haven't had a need to use that though (being less than 250m from a fibre enabled cab and syncing at 79.6kbps means it's not a problem I face :cool: )

Wow, that's fast;).
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's fast;).

Hmm, I mean 79.6Mbps - just been looking at the config pages of the router which list values in kbps!