The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Sweden going to put the same first song on every semi? That's 3 of the 4 now :yawn:

I still don't like Skyline at all, Alibi is way better IMO. I don't think being in the same semi as Janet will do him any favours though, I think the hype around Heartstrings was totally justified tbh. She'll be challenging for the win come the final.

And to answer your question, Army of Lovers are on first next week :p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 3rd song sounds really Irish to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    The 3rd song sounds really Irish to me.

I'm actually finding it quite catchy :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually finding it quite catchy :o

Yeah its not as bad as when I first heard the teaser in the week, could be a shock qualifier.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    I still don't get what difference it makes when they reveal the song, as long as it gets done before the official deadline. The people who vote on the night won't know or care when the song was announced, and it it's a good song, it'll do well regardless of whether it was revealled on March 18 or December 18...

Besides, as Switzerland keep proving, it's not like going first and touring the song everywhere gives you any advantage!

Actually Jade did markedly better in countries she had visited prior to the contest. Announcing our act in March isn't giving us the chance to do a national final tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't like Skyline at all, Alibi is way better IMO. I don't think being in the same semi as Janet will do him any favours though, I think the hype around Heartstrings was totally justified tbh. She'll be challenging for the win come the final.

And to answer your question, Army of Lovers are on first next week :p

I agree, Alibi is a bit different whereas Skyline is generic tosh. If Shout It Out couldn't come close last year (and that was a lot better) then Skyline shouldn't be in the running this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Actually Jade did markedly better in countries she had visited prior to the contest. Announcing our act in March isn't giving us the chance to do a national final tour.

And Anggun got 0 on the televote.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

Those tours mean nothing compared to a decade ago. Jade was always going to do well due to the ALW label.

Caroline FTW
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    And Anggun got 0 on the televote.

More than she deserved, she did massively overperform for my money in the jury vote though. I'm sure if you compared the countries she visited and the countries where the juries managed to give her points you'd see some correlation.
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Have to say alibi much better than skyline. Although from listening to the clips:

Final please: Janet Leon, state of play
    Second chance and never will win: Amanda fondell Eddie
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only really like songs 3 and 7
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Agnes really turn down Heart Strings, that was stupid, I really like it.
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Did Agnes really turn down Heart Strings, that was stupid, I really like it.

Scandipop.co.uk said she did as she doesn't want to take part I melfest ever again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Heartstrings is really good. There must be some reason it's not getting good reviews though.

I think it's telling that Heilsarmee have only shown up in Malta so far and that's the only time an act has turned up at another NF.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartstrings is too jarring for me and she's going to look stupid in that catsuit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartstrings is really good. There must be some reason it's not getting good reviews though.

I think it's telling that Heilsarmee have only shown up in Malta so far and that's the only time an act has turned up at another NF.

Have the Scandis been playing each other's songs at their NFs? Maybe there's been a crackdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently she's been having throat problems and had to whisper her way through the press conference yesterday. I'm slightly worried about that big note, I have to say.
    Forum Member
    F.

Isn't that she is for a) keep cocking up the dance routine and b) she's not sounding good during rehearsals?
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    I think I will miss this mel heat..not a single song that I really like...if a gun to my head...it will be Fondel and Pet Shop sounding Rolinski...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    I think I will miss this mel heat..not a single song that I really like...if a gun to my head...it will be Fondel and Pet Shop sounding Rolinski...

They're all too good for you conty :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartstrings is too jarring for me and she's going to look stupid in that catsuit.

Why am I not surprised :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned that we have the Bulgarian songs presentation tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its glittery she will end up looking like Marie Serneholt from last year, that was a terrible choice of outfit for her.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the outrage behind the late announcement date erm announcement lol

Engelbert was announced on 1st March with the song being revealed on 19th March, they are just following the same reveal. The same way Switzerland announce so early we just have to get get used to announcing so late :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    I don't understand the outrage behind the late announcement date erm announcement lol

Engelbert was announced on 1st March with the song being revealed on 19th March, they are just following the same reveal. The same way Switzerland announce so early we just have to get get used to announcing so late :)

And that was a resounding success of course.
This discussion has been closed.