Options

iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c owners - will you get the iPhone 6/Air?

Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
Forum Member
✭✭
Simple question, will the people who got their iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c last year be upgrading to the iPhone 6 or iPhone Air in September? Got the iPhone 5s myself and really undecided what to do tbh.

Added a poll just to see what other people are doing like. Would be intrigued to find out if anyone had an older iPhone model though.

Thanks

James

Will you buy/get the iPhone 6/Air when it is released 37 votes

Yes in September on Release Day
32% 12 votes
Yes for/after Christmas
21% 8 votes
No as i'm happy with my iPhone 5s/5c
32% 12 votes
No i'll wat until September 2015 (iPhone 6s etc)
13% 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm due an upgrade. I'd like it to be the iPhone. But all clues point to a 4'7" screen which for me personally is too big. So it depends on the size of the phone as to wether I get it.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a 5S and the misses has, we are both happy with it so I dout we'll get the 6 this year
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally change my phone every year so I'll definitely be considering it.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    No, it's too big from what I've seen.

I 'll go for the most attractive, best spec'd smartphone with a 4" screen.
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    There is no option for anyone who would rather get hold of the phone and demo it before purchase. I'm currently using my first ever iphone the 5s and to be honest it's pretty awesome. The fact the 5s is such a great device makes me interested in the next iPhone but the next iPhone also has a new operating system in iOS8.

So I will wait and have a play around with iOS8 and have a demo of the next iPhone and if it's half as good as the iPhone 5s I will buy one. I also know a fair few people who are saying the next iPhone could actually be so good it will get them to move to a larger screen device. Something no current 4.7" plus device has been able to do so far.
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    ;-)
    Pencil wrote: »
    No, it's too big from what I've seen.

I 'll go for the most attractive, best spec'd smartphone with a 4" screen.

At least have a look at the next iPhone, lots of people are saying the next iPhone could be so good it could be the device to get them to consider or even purchase a larger screen phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an iPhone 5, and like posters above, I think I'll be seeing what features are on offer first.

The current iPhone size is perfect for me, but if the features are good enough, I'll probably go for the iPhone 6.

If the features aren't all that great, I'll probably get a 5S on the cheap, as all the other phones on the market are too big as well.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    ;-)

At least have a look at the next iPhone, lots of people are saying the next iPhone could be so good it could be the device to get them to consider or even purchase a larger screen phone.

Just because lots of people are saying doesn't make it true.

Also I doubt anyone thinks that.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    ;-)

While I am interested in the iPhone 6 I will wait until some good offers come along - which is unlikely to be for a few months!
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    I couldn't vote in the poll, as there isn't an option for "I'll decide after September 9th when the phone is actually announced".

Without knowing the actual specs and definite look, I've no idea if I'll buy one or not.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »
    I couldn't vote in the poll, as there isn't an option for "I'll decide after September 9th when the phone is actually announced".

Without knowing the actual specs and definite look, I've no idea if I'll buy one or not.

+1 for me as well
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    +1 for me as well

+1 (that 5 char message minimum is stupid, can't just put +1 - think I've got to 5 by now:))
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I chose the Xmas option just cos it was closest to "I'll decide when i see it" and its handy that you can upgrade pretty much whenever now on most modern contracts :D
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »

I don't have an iPhone at all at the moment, but I'm seriously thinking of getting on to replace my 4.8 inch Windows Phone.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to see what Apple announce next month and go from there...
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    iPhone 5 here. Signed up in 2012 so I can upgrade right away.
    I think they'll get a bigger screen with out making the handset much bigger.
    There is a bit of scope to do this.
    I love iOS 8. Especially the automatic Siri which is a bit like Jean Luc Picard saying "Computer.........". Very star Trek. Love it.
    When my alarm goes off in the morning I don't have to fumble about for the phone, I just say "Hey Siri,... cancel alarm"....
    Bee... beep!!
    "Alarm cancelled"
    "Hey Siri, what's the time"?
    Bee... beep!!
    "It's seven thirthy.... Good morning!"

Love it, love it, love it!!
    : )
  • Options
    Carl_BoysCarl_Boys Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    iPhone 5 here, may try get a 5s 64gb cheaper when the 6 comes out but at the moment perfectly happy with my 5. Does what I need and works on 1800 4g with three which is what I require, I suppose when 800 4g starts being used I may look at a 5s.
  • Options
    Peter_CarlosPeter_Carlos Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    Simple question, will the people who got their iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c last year be upgrading to the iPhone 6 or iPhone Air in September? Got the iPhone 5s myself and really undecided what to do tbh.

Added a poll just to see what other people are doing like. Would be intrigued to find out if anyone had an older iPhone model though.

Thanks

James

Well, yes I am going to upgrade myself over to the iPhone 6 once its available for purchase over the market. I have been hearing news that iPhone6 is soon going to be released over the market in the first week of september ! Can't really wait for the Apple to show something interesting this time.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a 4s so waiting for 6 to come out then hopping to get a better deal on 5 s
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I don't have an iPhone, but am interested in the 6 as it will be since the i had the 4S the first decent looking iPhone. Also the increase in screen size is good and about time.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 5 currently. Other half is looking to upgrade, but doesn't want a phone much larger than their old 4S so they'll probably have my 5 and I'll step up to the larger device if it's around the same size as my Nexus 4. I don't really want anything over 5" screen, but the rumoured 4.7" screen sounds ideal.

Will see when the announcement rolls around though. If I can't order online, it'll have to wait. I'm not waiting in line at a store full of whooping loons!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    I've got a 4s so waiting for 6 to come out then hopping to get a better deal on 5 s

I'm hoping for a £100 price cut on the 5s when the 6 arrives .
  • Options
    Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried to get the iPhone 6 plus from Vodafone yesterday and was told I need to wait until three clear payments from second line before adding a third so now I'm literally counting down the days until December until I can get rid of my iPhone 5s absolutely HATE it so much now tbh.

Guess I'm going to have an "Old" cheap phone for the next few months until I get the newer and classier 6 and 6 Plus!!