I'd Do Anything - The search for Nancy and Oliver in 2008.

124»

Comments

• twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chalet75 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to chatting about it on the threads cos I didn't discover DS until after ADWD.

Oh you missed all the fun (and the bun fights, oh and all the conspiracy theories too :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh you missed all the fun (and the bun fights, oh and all the conspiracy theories too :D)

bring it on - sky + is already set! :D
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    bring it on - sky + is already set! :D

Well, I can't fault your organisational skills :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I can't fault your organisational skills :eek: :D

I'm not as sad as I sound but I'm going out on Sat night and I don't want to miss it. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,841
    Forum Member
    Why not? And as you're a in the Chris thread over on DOI, at least we'll have something to talk about :p:D

I'm always recognised wherever I go, on here. :D
    Goodness me.

No-one knows me in the Chris B or Keith threads, though. Or in the Doctor Who/Torchwood section, I don't think.
    I will have to start living under a low profile, I think. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,841
    Forum Member
    When does it start, btw? Still depending on whether I decide to watch or not.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the dropping of Bill and Zoe is interesting. Well, actually, less so Bill, because he isn't producing and this was the only reason he was on the panel last time. Also, he was total drivel as a judge (searching for a vomit smilie). Hopefully Mackintosh will have something more interesting to say.

But Zoe? Considering that she's been on board right from the beginning? I wonder if there was some tension between her and Andrew last time around. They're both a bit prone to playing favourites and last time around, they weren't backing the same horse. I thought it was a bit obvious in the final of Joseph that she had been warned not to say anything very harsh. She could have laid into Lee (and I'm sure she really wanted to) but she didn't.

I'll miss her in an odd way. I hated her and all, and she could be a total cow, but I felt the bitchiness added to the show. Maybe ALW though she'd be too harsh for the little Olivers?

Assuming that Zoe was actually 'dropped' (I heard somewhere that she decided not to take part because she was unhappy with the format), I'd assume it's because she did come across sometimes as a bit 'gobby'. As a vocal coach she's supposed to be professional, but some of her comments were less that constructive!

I would hope that she wouldn't have laid into Lee (or anyone else) in the ADWD final. None of the finalists deserved to be 'laid into', least of all Lee!

I think she found Lee infuriating (he was the pro, but he was also shy and deeply insecure. He had incredible talent, but he also had a quite astonishing lack of confidence in himself) - see the clip in the 'Winner's Story' documentary, where she refers to him as 'mumbly, bumbly Lee'. I can understand that, but I think Zoe did, at times, let it impact on her judgement.

Zoe does seem to know her job (vocal coaching), but as a judge, I think there were times when she was found wanting. I hope she has been kept on as vocal coach.
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky magazine says they are searching for Nancy, Oliver AND Bill Sykes, but I take it that's not true? It also says it doesn't start until 2 weeks after it actually does, so I guess they are just very uniformed.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky magazine says they are searching for Nancy, Oliver AND Bill Sykes, but I take it that's not true? It also says it doesn't start until 2 weeks after it actually does, so I guess they are just very uniformed.

The first 'live' show is in two weeks, but the series actually starts this Saturday (with two weeks of audition eps). As for Bill Sykes, nothing has been mentioned on the BBC website or anywhere else, for that matter, so I think that's an error on Sky mag's part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a new thread open for this somewhere else?

I enjoyed the auditions. the young boy who got told he was through at the football match is from our town. don't think I know him though.
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a new thread open for this somewhere else?

I enjoyed the auditions. the young boy who got told he was through at the football match is from our town. don't think I know him though.

Theres a thread in the reality tv section at the moment.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=762207

It'll be interesting to see if it gains enough popularity to warrent its own sub forum. I for one enjoyed last nights show but i don't see how it'll ever compare or compete with ADWD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks bobbla - it'll be interesting to watch anyway.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    What's the "kick the loser off" song at the end of each week going to be?

"Consider yourself ... not in the family"

"As long as you ... don't ... need me"

:D
    If the 'Olivers' were in the vote (thankfully they're not IMO) it would have to be:
    "Don't be gone long, be back soon"!

I think it should be "Dodgers" that they are looking for - a much more interesting character.

For the 'Nancys' : "IF yer don't mind havin' ter deal wiv Fagin - it's a FINE LIFE"

I only caught up with ADWD about 6 weeks ago and I've been watching all the recordings of the auditions/live shows...sad or what!? :D
    Lee is fabulous though as 'Joseph'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Check out the site below, it's got loads of I'd Do Anything gossip, well worth a look:

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/television/i'd-do-anything/