Shops you hate going in

167891012»

Comments

• LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Sarah.1987 wrote: »
    I love New Look and Primark, I must be in the minority!

I do too! Our local Primark is not 'always packed' at all and New Look is usually fairly quiet.
  • miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shouldn't sound like such an old bag because I'm only 25, but I hate going into Topshop because the music is always too loud! They always play crap too.

Lush makes me feel sick, there's too much soap in one place. The displays are pretty, but the smell...bleurgh.

I always regret walking into Lidl as soon as I go through the door. I certainly couldn't do a weekly shop there. In our local one it's impossible to get out unless you walk through the narrow aisles, so if people are being served and you want to get out without having bought anything (which is usually the case when I remember how dire it is) it's tricky!

Now, New Look I do like! My local one in the nearest city is quite spacious and the clothes are set out neatly. They don't have the music too loud and the clothes are reasonably priced. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Lush, makes me feel sicky! I went in to get some bubblegum lip scrub, while I was paying one of the other assistants said "have you tried our new popcorn flavour?" before shoving it straight under my nose without warning. It smelt bloody awful, I think she was quite shocked by my disgusted reaction!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    Most of the time if you complain to the head office of these chains they come back saying "our research says that the majority of our customers like... (whatever you are complaining about)". Essentially "thanks for writing to us but we have absolutely no interest in what you've just said".

I wonder how accurate their research actually is.

I don't know anybody who walks into Primark and thinks "oh, I'm so glad this shop is such a state! I hate those shops where you can find what you want easily!" nor do I know anybody who enjoys being pestered by staff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LH1 wrote: »
    I hate going into Asda. It never looks clean to me and in the summer I've seen flies buzzing about. I haven't been in there for a while thankfully. I also hate the smell in a butchers ...yuk!

What do you expect?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate going in charity shops, that smell, it's in every shop, stale clothes?

Bleurgh!
  • citiuscitius Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Any "extreme" stores, so either very cheap or very expensive. Stores like Primark where the people shopping there are just as bad as the staff. So rude and without manners all looking for the cheapest possible bargain. And then once you have found it you have to stand in line with screaming children and idiotic women spending hundreds of pounds on bagfuls of what is basically rubbish and will soon end up in the bin.

The reason why Primark stores are so untidy is because they attract people with no manner who act like animals in there. Throwing the merchandise around and treating it like crap, which is actually what it is but please have some manners.

The other store I hate is All Saints. Thos ridiculous sewing machine shopfronts when they don't even sell sewing machines. I detest the shoppers in there as much as the staff too. Ridiculous people buying pieces of cloth that are supposed to pass off as a t-shirt for 80 quid and scarves that look so thread bear they wouldn't stand a chance of actually keeping you warm. Smug over fashioned idiots all trying to look cooler than the next person but actually looking ridiculous. Fashion is about your own personal style. Not just buying everything from an overpriced store for idiots.

Rant over.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I had to go into the apple store and tbh when I got to it and saw about 20 staff milling about holding ipads and wearing purple in a fairly empty shiny shop, I felt a bit intimidated. Turns out they were very nice and helpful but before I went in, I felt as though I should have gone away, got a degree and then went back.

What did you have to go in for? It might seem intimidating at first but it's not that bad really. I don't mind. Most of the Apple people leave me alone when I go in there but sometimes I enjoy talking to them :D The people holding iPads are there to check people into Genius Bar/workshop/One to One* training appointments. Maybe I should go work there :p

*Genius Bar -> place where they fix your broken Mac/iDevice
    One to One - training program that allows you to go into the store for Mac lessons. You pay £79 for a year-long membership. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch crap TV :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    River Island..I went in and had a quick browse..They had the clothes on little racks and the walls, and nothing in the middle lol..I noticed a skull scarf i liked and just websited it and saw the price :eek: at £26 ..forgot that lol..They had nice little skull earrings at £3.00 which wasnt bad ..might get them next time..Oh and they have loud poppy pumpy music blasting out, which i find distracting :(
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primark for me, Its just horrible, untidy, full of tat and always packed, Any time you go in you see the Women all business while the men trail behind looking well and truly fed up. Next is another one I hate.
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marks and Spencer's food department. Everything gets moved around almost on a daily basis.

Example - Chicken, could be under chicken OR cooked foods OR deli OR meats. If it's a ready meal it could be under numerous headings.

I don't buy a lot from M&S, too pricey but they do have some good buys. Once I'd pop in on the way home from work, being tired did not appreciate the 'moveable feasts' :rolleyes:

Now just old and not so good on me old legs, it is too wearing to trot up and down the shop trying to trace what you want or find an assistant.

Even if you do find an assistant if you can only walk slow, like me they don't check to see if you can follow them, just disappear. Or maybe that was the plan :D
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Asda. The one in Coatbridge is hard even to get into as it's on an upper level with a poorly lit car park underneath. You access the store via something called a "travelator", which is similar to the moving walkways you get in airports. Not so easy with a trolley, especially a full one as you're coming back down again. Let go and your trolley would go flying down the travelator and out double doors onto the busy main road.

If the ground-level car park is full, you can park on the other side of the road and access the store via a kind of over-the-road tunnel thing (you sometimes see them at motorway service stations).

All of this seems like a heck of a lot of hassle for what ultimately is a bog-standard, and actually fairly pricey, supermarket.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any reasonably large shop where the staff don't leave you to browse, and feel they have to keep pestering you.

I do most of my shopping at Morrisons and Sainsbury's, and Iike the self-service checkouts. Some online shopping, too. I don't like having to deal with shop assistants now.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Asda. For some reason the DVD/CD section has been re-organised. Now it takes me an age to find anything.

My local Poundland has now got a maze to the checkout, so can only get out 1 way if I don't find anything.

Cash Generator and CEX , like to have a browze around but prams in one and dopey students in the latter make it hard to do.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    Any reasonably large shop where the staff don't leave you to browse, and feel they have to keep pestering you.

Well that rules out Matalan then, because you'd be hard pressed to find any staff in my local store.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body Shop because the staff don't leave you alone even if you ask them to. The second you walk through the door, they pounce. Even if you say 'no thanks, I'm fine' they will insist on chasing you right the shop trying to start a conversation with you.

It's not their fault, they obviously told to but it means I only ever buy their stuff online now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    TK Max I go in there occasionally but I can't be bothered to go through the huge rails of clothing. I hear you can get some bargains but I don't have the patience to look for anything.