Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why clothes shop have stopped putting the little cubes with the relevant size on hangers? It's not so bad just a little slower if rails are at a mid level. However, when you have high rails 6ft up or ones barely off the ground it makes looking for sizes virtually impossible when there's no bloomin' visible tag. Grrrrr, after a frustrating 20 mins either balancing on my tiptoes or on my hands and knees in H & M I harumphed off to the sanity of Debenhams, which means that I am now turning into my mother!

I dont get why though, I would have thought the cost saving would be minimal and it can't save an awful lot of time.

we use them at work and the amount that fall off and we end up going round picking them up is ridiculous! I see your point about not being able to easily see sizes though
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my earphones are all tangled up in knots.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or when one does press the bell only for the driver to miss the stop anyway. Even though when the bell is pushed, a light appears on the dashboard and of course, a bell sound is heard.

The fact that the Tesco Extra I use still hasn't installed the 'Scan as you Shop' system. Yes, I rarely visit ASDA now.

What I find annoying is when you press the bell for a stop and a few seconds later someone else presses it. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adverts (or packets) that proudly say "100% pure fish fillet" knowing full well there's no cod in it but try to trick you there is. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    People who eat really loud :mad:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't people open their car doors without whacking the car next to them? :mad: I have a nice collection of dents thanks to morons who can not control their car doors.
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't people open their car doors without whacking the car next to them? :mad: I have a nice collection of dents thanks to morons who can not control their car doors.

I do agree with this but I also have some sympathy. I think some parking spaces are so ridiculously narrow just to fit more cars in that the occasional bump is inevitable.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    Adverts (or packets) that proudly say "100% pure fish fillet" knowing full well there's no cod in it but try to trick you there is. :rolleyes:

How are they tricking you into believing there's cod in it if they aren't claiming there's cod in it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    9-5 on a Friday pees me off
    I mean really???
    why cant we all just have half day Fridays? Nobody does anything after lunch anyway
    Or at least have "onesie" Friday where we can slob around :)
  • monkinomonkino Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on the train talking loudly on the mobile phones, not only the volume of their conversations but also the fact that they are talking absolute nonsense and there is nothing that could not have waited until they got off the train and called in private.

Another bug bear is people that do not know how to turn on the mute switch on the phones so that every keypress and every text message is heard - incredibly annoying on long train journeys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who say "Holland" instead of "the Netherlands" ("Holland" only refers to two counties of the latter).

The majority of the major towns and cities are actually in Holland, mind, so if someone was planning a stag weekend in Amsterdam it would be correct of them to say they were having a stag do in Holland.

If the stag do was in Utrecht, on the other hand...
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monkino wrote: »
    People on the train talking loudly on the mobile phones, not only the volume of their conversations but also the fact that they are talking absolute nonsense and there is nothing that could not have waited until they got off the train and called in private.

Another bug bear is people that do not know how to turn on the mute switch on the phones so that every keypress and every text message is heard - incredibly annoying on long train journeys.

Both of these! Have you come across anyone who has it so loud you can hear every word the person on the other end is saying too? :mad:

I sat next to a girl on the train once who had her phone on loud. She was playing a game, so we got every ding and dong that came from that. We asked her to turn it down, and she said no as she was expecting a call/message and needed to hear it. We reminded her a notification would come up on her screen so she would see, but she still refused. We had to put up with the ding and dongs for over half an hour :cry:
  • monkinomonkino Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Both of these! Have you come across anyone who has it so loud you can hear every word the person on the other end is saying too? :mad:

I sat next to a girl on the train once who had her phone on loud. She was playing a game, so we got every ding and dong that came from that. We asked her to turn it down, and she said no as she was expecting a call/message and needed to hear it. We reminded her a notification would come up on her screen so she would see, but she still refused. We had to put up with the ding and dongs for over half an hour :cry:

AAAAAARRRRGHHH! It is sooooooooo annoying!!!!! I am on the train now but fortunately there is not a phone in sight!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Places that don't have free wifi.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Another idiot not looking where there are going moan from me :) I was walking up the road to work when this woman came hurtling out of a shop, she had her head turned to the left and turned right! Smack bang into me and several other people including a couple of young kids where were nearly knocked flying.

Whose fault was it? Well it was all our fault for not looking where we were going.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At one of the stations I frequent every day, there are "Keep left" signs on the staircases. Yet the masses (I always seem to get to the stairs just as a giant group of fellow commuters is coming the other way) NEVER keep left!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    How are they tricking you into believing there's cod in it if they aren't claiming there's cod in it?

Uh-oh..

Codgate all over again!

An interesting argument right here on DS! There are 2 camps in that thread - one of which believes the same as me - that consumers are being mislead.

They're using the exact same slogan they did for years when they used cod. It's a trick! I'm gonna leave it there, because that is how I personally feel. If you don't feel that way, that's perfectly fine. :)
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to eat in any establishment that lists paninis or panini's on their menu. Panini is plural FFS. A single one is a panino. Ever seen a panino on the menu? Hardly ever and it drives me mad
  • Phaz0rPhaz0r Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eating loudly with all that mushy scrunching and lip smacking. Gross.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I do agree with this but I also have some sympathy. I think some parking spaces are so ridiculously narrow just to fit more cars in that the occasional bump is inevitable.

You shouldn't park so close then. :p
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    When the entire Surrey branch of the ‘I'm going to drive at a soul infuriatingly 20mph brigade‘ form an orderly queue in front of me when I am rushing to work. They tag team each other on each and every road I need to use.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who get 'quite' and 'quiet' mixed up. On DS in particular I notice a lot of people talking about people being 'quite'. Being quite what?
  • WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who say "Holland" instead of "the Netherlands" ("Holland" only refers to two counties of the latter).
    Any Ideas wrote: »
    The majority of the major towns and cities are actually in Holland, mind, so if someone was planning a stag weekend in Amsterdam it would be correct of them to say they were having a stag do in Holland.

If the stag do was in Utrecht, on the other hand...

I'm from Holland (as well as the Netherlands...) and I get annoyed when others (non Dutchies as well as fellow countrymen) correct me and go 'It's the Netherlands you know'. Irritating beyond belief!
    unclekevo wrote: »
    People who get 'quite' and 'quiet' mixed up. On DS in particular I notice a lot of people talking about people being 'quite'. Being quite what?

Quite quiet?
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Contestants going for the minus offer on The Chase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicki Butler-Henderson's laugh.
This discussion has been closed.