Royal Baby Birth News Coverage Thread (Tuesday 23rd July 2013 - onwards)

solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hooray. Wills and Kate aka The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge welcomed their yet to be named baby son yesterday (Monday 22nd July 2013).

Today the celebrations continue on scrolling news channels such as the BBC & Sky News.

Earlier we had the changing of the guard (playing to the tune of "Congratulations" by veteran pop singer Sir Cliff Richard) and the 41 gun salut in Green Park at 2pm.

At just after 3pm this afternoon Carole and Michael Middleton arrived at the Lindo Wing entrance to visit their newly born grandson. And are expected to leave in the taxi they arrived in before 5pm at least.

Update: Carole and Michael leave Lindo Wing and briefly speak to journalists waiting outside. @ 16:13pm. Carole says baby grandson is "Absolutely beautiful."

Whether or not baby Windsor will leave today is still the question on many people's lips.

Thought and comments welcome.

Comments

• solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically this may not fully count as a TV show, but I did mention the BBC and Sky News channels in my first thread posting on this matter.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    I'm bored with it all already. Why can the press/media not leave them alone.

BBC breakfast was cringe worthy this morning :o I lasted 30 seconds of waffle :yawn:

Health and happiness to them all, but enough already.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I'm bored with it all already. Why can the press/media not leave them alone.

BBC breakfast was cringe worthy this morning :o I lasted 30 seconds of waffle :yawn:

Health and happiness to them all, but enough already.

Because there's sadly an appetite for it. The poor kid will be part of a real life Truman Show, and there will be just as many people gobbling up stories about him as there are reporters to create the fluff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was necessary for this length of coverage because of all the hype since Christmas time. I do however think it's unnecessary to wait outside now and not just come when there's more official news as to when mother and baby can be discharged. Baby is only ofcourse 24 hours & a minute old now.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solace2008 wrote: »
    Hooray. Wills and Kate aka The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge welcomed their yet to be named baby son yesterday (Monday 22nd July 2013).

Today the celebrations continue on scrolling news channels such as the BBC & Sky News.

Earlier we had the changing of the guard (playing to the tune of "Congratulations" by veteran pop singer Sir Cliff Richard) and the 41 gun salut in Green Park at 2pm.

At just after 3pm this afternoon Carole and Michael Middleton arrived at the Lindo Wing entrance to visit their newly born grandson. And are expected to leave in the taxi they arrived in before 5pm at least.

Update: Carole and Michael leave Lindo Wing and briefly speak to journalists waiting outside. @ 16:13pm. Carole says baby grandson is "Absolutely beautiful."

Whether or not baby Windsor will leave today is still the question on many people's lips.

Thought and comments welcome.

This thread is a waste of time. There's enough (ie too much) coverage without you regurgitating it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well some people will be interested. If not then there's no need to spoil it for others who would like to post about it. Most people have been at work today and not heard of the developments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well some people will be interested. If not then there's no need to spoil it for others who would like to post about it. Most people have been at work today and not heard of the developments.

What developments? I've been camped outside the hospital for a week because I deserve to know absolutely everything about the Windsors' private lives, but I've heard nothing. :mad:
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if the BBC use that red button service so they can run normal TV and real news on the News Channel tonight. Got the idea from The Wright Stuff this morning.

BBC1:

"If you want to watch the baby coming out of the hospital, Press the red button as up next on BBC1 its Holby City

BBC News:

"Anything wanting to continue watching this chat about the royal baby can use the Red Button. In the real news.....
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed bring on the red button what's so special about her apart from we have another royal to keep one million pounds to do up their apartment it's about time this was sorted , Cameron on the news last night what an absolute arse licker :mad:
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Earlier on Sky News they spent nearly 20 mins on 'Breaking News' that the Duchess's parents were on the way to the hospital! They were even speculating whether the taxi would approach from the left or the right!!! Then when they got there they did an action replay of it all, with running commentary (Catherine's mother getting out first there.....followed by her Dad....and then they went up the steps, with a little pose for the press'.....ugh!!!
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some reporter even said yesterday poor William he must be tired out POOR don't worry bill we will keep you like the rest of your family
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that was disappointing when they didn't say much, but they're probably saving it all for some bigger speech when the baby comes home. I still think they won't come out till at least tommorrow now - as there's still no definite news of when baby will leave.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for the reporters - absolutely nothing of any interest to anyone is happening and they've got to make news out of it and keep smiling and pretending to be interested.

"Kate's had the baby, it's a boy. Everything's OK, we'll let you know the name in a day or two, then we'll get back to you when he's 18" would have sufficed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for the reporters - absolutely nothing of any interest to anyone is happening and they've got to make news out of it and keep smiling and pretending to be interested.

"Kate's had the baby, it's a boy. Everything's OK, we'll let you know the name in a day or two, then we'll get back to you when he's 18" would have sufficed.

The reporters have to cater for the small band of cultists who demand second-by-second accounts of who is where and doing what.
  • Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    This thread is a waste of time. There's enough (ie too much) coverage without you regurgitating it.

Agreed, I hoped DS would be a haven of Republicanism and apathetic disinterest in the royal sprogette but a few simpering Royalists must have gained entry to the DS Citadel.
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care, none of my friends care, no-one at my work cares. Who *are* these people desperate for this news? More importantly, as I understand it it is impossible to be watching television in the United Kingdom without a digital platform, as BBC News24 is therefore available to anyone watching TV why is the BBC1 schedule changed? It seems the BBC are a free advertising platform for these german overlords.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Kensington Palace have put us out of our misery and announced they'll be leaving St Mary's tonight - before 7pm the BBC seem to think. Just in time to catch Emmerdale and EastEnders afterwards me thinks :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people on here need to wind their necks in. What is missing from your television schedule that is being taken up by the coverage? There is a life off the telly, you know.

I've only caught bits of news because I'm strong enough to switch off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are interested in the Royal goings on, others not. For others not I am wondering why they are reading this thread and commenting on it if it is of no interest to them or anyone else, apparently.

I'm obviously more into it than most who've replied here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Kensington Palace have put us out of our misery and announced they'll be leaving St Mary's tonight - before 7pm the BBC seem to think. Just in time to catch Emmerdale and EastEnders afterwards me thinks :D

I'm sure the BBC had an hour long documentary "Royal Babies Leaving Hospital" to show after two hours of coverage before during and after the event on BBC1 taking the BBC News24 feed that anyone who can watch BBC1 can watch on News24 anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are interested in the Royal goings on, others not. For others not I am wondering why they are reading this thread and commenting on it if it is of no interest to them or anyone else, apparently.

I'm obviously more into it than most who've replied here.

Because those not are force fed coverage by changes to the normal programming schedule - changes which Digital TV makes utterly unnecessary. This thread is about TV coverage, and this nonsense causing rescheduling is very relevant to those who have no interest in some muppet's sprog.
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Because there's sadly an appetite for it. The poor kid will be part of a real life Truman Show, and there will be just as many people gobbling up stories about him as there are reporters to create the fluff.

I am watching Freeview trying to get away from it and they put a ticker tape up that the trio will be coming out of the hospital soon :eek: Is there no escape :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I am watching Freeview trying to get away from it and they put a ticker tape up that the trio will be coming out of the hospital soon :eek: Is there no escape :(

Dexter DVDs :D The only way. It's borderline creepy just how obsessed people are with seeing every aspect of this kid's life and its only a day old. It really is the Truman Show. How did rabid monarchists cope a hundred years ago when the royals led private lives and could even keep 'undesirable' kids a secret from the public?
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if the BBC use that red button service so they can run normal TV and real news on the News Channel tonight. Got the idea from The Wright Stuff this morning.

BBC1:

"If you want to watch the baby coming out of the hospital, Press the red button as up next on BBC1 its Holby City

BBC News:

"Anything wanting to continue watching this chat about the royal baby can use the Red Button. In the real news.....

This would have been an excellent idea. The best result for everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the case I think if you're not into Royal news birth or otherwise then the easiest thing to do is not engage in it at all. Comments here like "force fed" etc is fair enough if that's what you personally feel, but what I'm trying to say in my most roundabout way is that there is other choices of TV out there if you do not wish to follow any of this "regurgitated" coverage.

I didn't intend this post to cause outrage. I was just in the mood to talk about it with others who shared the same interests over the past 24 hours and up until William and Kate leave with their baby. I didn't intend to offend or force opinion.

This is just a harmless thread to share the joy in a future King. Nothing more nothing less.

Those who don't care fair enough.