Comments

• broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the current david versus callum rivalry both have nasty tongues
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Chesney is going to give Kay-eee prmission to take Joseph out of the country is he?

He's gonna be ragin' :o I'm sure it'll be truly terrifying when he kicks off
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »
    simon looks like he belongs too that family

Ethnically he does..... It was always stupid casting, just like Max whose parents don't have a blond hair between them
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    The Hat was more concerned with having "the first Muslim family on the Street" rather than having any idea what to do with them when they got there.

To be fair, the next logical step was to have the grandad molest chickens.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »
    nope , his parents could of been blonde but simon is like mixed race theres a difference
    Is he actually mixed race or is that just something people have made up for a cheap laugh? Because he doesn't look it. And in fact he looks more like Peter than most children on the show look like their parents.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skteosk wrote: »
    Is he actually mixed race or is that just something people have made up for a cheap laugh? Because he doesn't look it. And in fact he looks more like Peter than most children on the show look like their parents.

Shoulda gone to Specsavers.:confused:
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Where do these people just have thousands to hand out.... Left over from the house sale, my foot >:(

Gail? She could borrow it from Nick.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member

Are you having a laugh?? The actor definitely has black ancestors, no question!
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,421
    Forum Member
    Tonight’s episode appearances are confirmed as:

FW = First words in episode
    BB = Last words Before Break
    AB = First words After Break
    LW = Last Words in episode

+ David (FW)
    + Gail
    + Michael
    + Andy
    + Anna

+ Owen
    + Linda
    + Izzy
    + Katy (LW)
    + Kal

+ Leanne
    + Zeedan
    + Sharif (AB)
    + Eileen
    + Steph

+ Sean
    + Billy
    + Emily
    + Todd
    + Julie

+ Gavin (BB)
    + Alya
    + Simon
    + Max
    + Callum

+ Chesney

Kissing Tonight

None
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member

I think him being Peter's son is perfectly acceptable casting too. Maybe the actor is mixed race (whatever race means), maybe not. These things aren't always straightforward and obvious and don't matter anyway.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    y

I think him being Peter's son is perfectly acceptable casting too. Maybe the actor is mixed race (whatever race means), maybe not. These things aren't always straightforward and obvious and don't matter anyway.

He doesn't look that mixed race to me. He may have Spanish/ Mediterranean ancestors, but maybe not.
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't look that mixed race to me. He may have Spanish/ Mediterranean ancestors, but maybe not.

Yes, I've always thought he perhaps had some Greek ancestry.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    Yes, I've always thought he perhaps had some Greek ancestry.

He's certainly not the love child of Peter Barlow and the florist with her blond locks;-);-)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's certainly not the love child of Peter Barlow and the florist with her blond locks;-);-)

Even if you knew the genetic make-up of both parties, that's almost impossible to say. There might be a recessive gene on either side (or both).
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

Giving how deuded she is, I'm surprised she hasn't tried to join BeautifulPeople.com.

She's not that bad - losing a couple of stone and getting a decent hairdo would work wonders.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Shoulda gone to Specsavers.:confused:
    Given that he's been called Black, Greek and Pakistani in this thread alone, perhaps we all should.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Are we sure Izzy will be able to act in Portugal
    Would it matter? At least her child would be safely away from Windass
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    You're welcome but Gary aint
    Good choice
    15 minutes wrote: »

I too will attempt to refrain mentioning "The King"
    Mention of Elvis is always permitted.
    mikebuk wrote: »
    That trackie top makes Sean look so gay.
    Problem is On DS he is not gay enough for some and too gay for others.
    Emily is probably thinking "what the ***k does Billy see in you?!"
    Sean is a nice person.
    valkay wrote: »
    Curley Simon fits right in.
    He's more a Nazir than a Barlow.
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Chesney isn't a nice man.
    Not even a nice boy
    And Chesney is going to give Kay-eee prmission to take Joseph out of the country is he?
    They were not married.
    Harsh but true. He cam,e from Aussie with a broad Lancs accent as well. I reckon we have a Not Simon on our hands.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    They were not married.

Why do they need to be previously married? Chesney is on the birth certificate. He's biologically and legally Joseph's dad. If he wants to stop Katie from taking his son to another country because she was dumped and fancies a bit of sun, he can :confused: