Options

ipod touch shipping date

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fox MulderFox Mulder Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnt delivered mine on saturday morning, a day after the official release date, double checked it was not one of the dodgy ones and it is a thing of beauty, everyone at work was so jealous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My touch went to the wirral in error today and has been sent to Northampton !!! Aghhhhhhhhhh I only live 10 mins away from Liverpool Airport as well :cry:

03 Oct 2007 07:26 Liverpool Out For Delivery
    03 Oct 2007 07:06 Liverpool Import Received
    03 Oct 2007 06:46 Liverpool Import Received
    03 Oct 2007 06:36 Liverpool Airport Consignment Received At Transit Point
    03 Oct 2007 06:00 Liverpool Airport Potential Linehaul Delay Due To Technical Problems
    02 Oct 2007 22:44 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    01 Oct 2007 22:20 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    30 Sep 2007 16:13 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
    30 Sep 2007 16:10 Suzhou Potential Connection Delay
    30 Sep 2007 16:07 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
    28 Sep 2007 13:18 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point
    28 Sep 2007 13:18 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Sport1 wrote: »
    I managed to walk into Comet (Greenwich) on Friday and buy one. I'm in love with it ! I'm not sure if a lot of stores have stocks or whether I just got lucky.
    You just got lucky. Can't wait for mine!
    None seen this side of the Severn Bridge yet. Ordered one from Comet online only for them to cancel the order cos they didn't know when they're geting them, even though their website says their in stock:mad:

Ordered another from Dixons website - should be with me next Thursday eve. Have paid extra for evening delivery as I don't want to come home from work with a card from the courier posted through the door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My touch is missing. Back to sqaure one and shipping from China delayed because there is a weeks public holiday !!!
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I hope they hurry up, They don't have them in PC World and Curry's here, Not even display!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iPod Touch arrived today - it's gorgeous! Smaller than I was expecting, and almost entirely designed for that one magic moment when it's fresh out of the box, shiny metal back plate unscratched and not a fingerprint in sight. Oh well, that lasted about a second, now of course it's splodged with greasy fingermarks on all sides. The intuitiveness of the new interface is reflected in the deliberate sparseness of the included "getting started" leaflet, which mostly leaves you on your own in the hope that you'll play and figure it out - which is of course the fun part. Watching the playing track's album art segue into Coverflow just by holding the screen differently is a joy.

But why on earth is the headphone socket on the underside? It's a stoopid place to put it!

Bob :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    bob.stone wrote: »
    My iPod Touch arrived today - it's gorgeous! Smaller than I was expecting, and almost entirely designed for that one magic moment when it's fresh out of the box, shiny metal back plate unscratched and not a fingerprint in sight. Oh well, that lasted about a second, now of course it's splodged with greasy fingermarks on all sides. The intuitiveness of the new interface is reflected in the deliberate sparseness of the included "getting started" leaflet, which mostly leaves you on your own in the hope that you'll play and figure it out - which is of course the fun part. Watching the playing track's album art segue into Coverflow just by holding the screen differently is a joy.

But why on earth is the headphone socket on the underside? It's a stoopid place to put it!

I got mine on wednesday, came back from uni for the weekend. I love it. So easy to use. However what is the white dock for? It has a number on the back...14. Any ideas on what it is used for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on the verge of canc and getting an iphone even though ive been shafted over the touch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine on wednesday, came back from uni for the weekend. I love it. So easy to use. However what is the white dock for? It has a number on the back...14. Any ideas on what it is used for?
    It's an adapter insert for Apple's Universal Dock, which accommodates all sizes of iPods by interchanging moulded inserts to suit the device being docked.

I spent a while wondering what the clear plastic clip-like thing included in the bag o'bits was, since I saw that it was exactly the right size for the USB cable to plug into, and so was trying to figure out if it was a cable tidy or something. Then I saw on the website that a "stand" was supposed to be included in the pack, and realised it was that. Of course, if it's upright on that stand then you can't plug in either the USB dock cable or headphones, as they're both on the underside, but at least you can watch a slideshow or something.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    One bad thing apple has done is not supplying the touch with a bloody case. Already there is a massive scratch on the back case. I called them if they can replace the back so fortunately they have arranged a replacement.

But that is one accessory that should be included.

What case can you recommend for it?
  • Options
    madzo2005madzo2005 Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One bad thing apple has done is not supplying the touch with a bloody case. Already there is a massive scratch on the back case. I called them if they can replace the back so fortunately they have arranged a replacement.

But that is one accessory that should be included.

What case can you recommend for it?

Buy one of these; mines on its way even though I havent got my touch yet

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3477057/The-Invisible-Shield-iPod-Touch-6G-Full-Body-Shield/Product.html

Official site: http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APIPTOUCHFB.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Anybody got there's from argos yet im still waiting