UGG boots - protecting the suede

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just got a pair of charcoal grey uggs. Whilst I am not going to wear them in the rain I thought it best to protect them.

I've seen the official UGG cleaner on some sites for around £20 a bottle - has anyone used this or just used normal suede protector and been fine?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my uggs from Jones and they reccommended their own brand protector spray, so I bought that. It was only £5 and seems to have worked well. I haven't had to use it much either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that Jones the Bootmaker?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    My opinion on Uggs = don't buy them.

They're not fashionable if anyone thought so,

as I've never EVER seen them on the runway, and I mean EVER.

No designer likes them, wears them or uses them.

£140 my arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    just use suede cleaner and also protector, which you can buy most supermarkets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarks Protector spray is good. It's 3.50 I think.

Though I must agree that Uggs are horrible.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Uggs. They are comfy and warm. I dont think they are worn as a fashion statement, but worn for comfort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£140 my arse.

Its not all about the catwalk though, If there comfy then where them
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No designer likes them, wears them or uses them

£140 my arse.

So?:confused:

Unless you're being paid, you're supposed to wear what you like personally and ideally what suits you.

Otherwise you risk being called a style-free fashion victim.
    Forum Member
    They're just not a good look. That's all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    I use a protector spray from Clarks. It's about £3.50 and it's been as good as any posh one. I use it on my handbags as well and it's never caused any blotching or staining.

Stuff what anyone things of Uggs, if they give you happy feet that's all that matters.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's this one too, best to order it at the same time as uggs as the delivery would be free.

http://www.shudoo.co.uk/product/love-from-australia/sheepskin-protector-spray/

@hi'-society - you're entitled to your opinion, why does it bother you so much that other people like uggs? enjoy your own style and let others enjoy theirs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Slippers are comfortable as are pyjamas and tracksuits but you dont wear them out in public.

Ugg Boots are ugly as ugly can be which is why they are called UGG boots.

Save yourself the rip off £140 i say because they are a massive turn off when most guys spot them on a girl i can tell you that for starters...........
    Forum Member
    nblyth wrote: »
    Slippers are comfortable as are pyjamas and tracksuits but you dont wear them out in public.

Ugg Boots are ugly as ugly can be which is why they are called UGG boots.

Save yourself the rip off £140 i say because they are a massive turn off when most guys spot them on a girl i can tell you that for starters...........

Agreed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

£140 my arse.

they are £180 by the way
  • pinkpoppy71pinkpoppy71 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    They are VERY warm (according to all my mates).

My mate lives in Oz, I wonder if it is worth her sending me a pair......
    Forum Member
    they are £180 by the way

Adding to my point...
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because they are a massive turn off when most guys spot them on a girl i can tell you that for starters...........

And of course, us girls only think of attracting men !!! :rolleyes: I cant believe that you think we would stop wearing something that comfy because "they are a massive turn off to guys"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL and you know exactly what every guys thinks eh??:rolleyes:. Im a guy and i happen to think that it suits some women...my ex used to wear them with a pair of tight jeans and she looked damn sexy in them...

But i sure as hell dont find them a massive turn off as you so eloquently put it:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    No but unfortunately you will find blokes who love seeing a girl in a kappa tracksuit - does not mean they are acceptable to wear in public.........

Of course people dont wear stuff to attract other people (though girls do 99.9% of time) to walk around town basically saying i dont care what i look like is up to the individual. Sorry let me rephrase so not to offend any guy who may like them...the vast majority of men cannot stand the things.

I cant believe that you think we would stop wearing something that comfy because "they are a massive turn off to guys" .........carry on wearing them by all means i just think they look ridiculous and make girls look like they have made no effort whatsoever and it says a lot about a person the way they dress. Hey its my opinion but i think it is one that a lot of guys agree with, just ask them and see.
  • ibay24de514ibay24de514 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but unfortunately you will find blokes who love seeing a girl in a kappa tracksuit - does not mean they are acceptable to wear in public.........

Of course people dont wear stuff to attract other people (though girls do 99.9% of time) to walk around town basically saying i dont care what i look like is up to the individual. Sorry let me rephrase so not to offend any guy who may like them...the vast majority of men cannot stand the things.

I cant believe that you think we would stop wearing something that comfy because "they are a massive turn off to guys" .........carry on wearing them by all means i just think they look ridiculous and make girls look like they have made no effort whatsoever and it says a lot about a person the way they dress. Hey its my opinion but i think it is one that a lot of guys agree with, just ask them and see.

indeed:

- comfortable in their own skin
    - aware that walking round Tescos does not actually require hours of preparation if you don't want it to, life's too short
    - can make their own mind up about what to wear

I don't actually own "Uggs" as they're a bit out of my price range, but I do own Ugg-type boots (in several colours :o). Keep my feet nice and toasty in cold weather, which to be honest, I quite like: my circulation is so bad that if I let my feet get cold they go blue-black and really hurt.

So to be honest, it doesn't bother me if men find me attractive in Ugg boots or not... I think I probably look more attractive in them than hobbling around in pain :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you dont see them on the cat walk because cat walk models dont model normal everyday clothing, they model classy "clubbing" or going for a meal outfits. I think it looks really fashionable when you wear skinny jeans with grey ugg boots and a black leather-bomber jacket.
    Forum Member
    Angell1995 wrote: »
    you dont see them on the cat walk because cat walk models dont model normal everyday clothing, they model classy "clubbing" or going for a meal outfits. I think it looks really fashionable when you wear skinny jeans with grey ugg boots and a black leather-bomber jacket.

Ever heard of Ready-To-Wear? :rolleyes:

A lot of the outfits can be very casual.

Grey uggs with skinny jeans? :eek: I'll assure you now it's not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just because you think its not doesn't mean it isn't.