Options

Uk student laptops help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
I'm in my third year at college and i'm starting to get ready to go to uni, but i've got an incredibly old computer and i'm wanting to get a laptop to use for my course next year but the problem is that i don't have very much money so i can't spend too much.

I've found a website www.ukstudentlaptops.com which has the kind of prices i can afford but i don't know if it's trustworthy, can anyone let me know if it is or alternatively does anyone know any reliable sites like this.

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Personally I wouldn't touch them - the contact number appears to be a mobile number and all the laptops look too cheap to be true - actually they all appear to be old/really low spec models.

Try dabs.com instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Thanks, i've had a look at the site and there seems to be a number of good laptops on there, thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got through university relatively recently without a laptop, with a desktop computer that I got second hand off a friend for £20. I'm still typing on it right now.

Why do you need a brand new laptop?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd leave it nearer the time - youll probably be able to get something higher spec than you can now with the same money.
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DOS wrote: »
    I'd leave it nearer the time - youll probably be able to get something higher spec than you can now with the same money.

And that's because there'll be better spec laptops on the market :)

(swings and roundabouts really !)