Options

Google Nexus 7 32GB - £199

12346»

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's the catch? looks great for a 2nd phone...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Typing this on my shiny new 32GB Nexus 7! It's so pretty! Delighted with it! Anyone recommend a good case for it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordosaur wrote: »
    Typing this on my shiny new 32GB Nexus 7! It's so pretty! Delighted with it! Anyone recommend a good case for it?

I use this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-UltraSlim-Multiple-Function-Leather/dp/B008OR98WW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1351693438&sr=8-10

- looks like a paper notebook when closed, so you're not flashing around an expensive bit of kit.
    - can be used as a stand
    - strap thing for your hand really nice to use to 'hold' the N7 for long periods.
    - still small enough to fit in an inside coat pocket.
    - all the sockets/controls still useable.
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Jordosaur wrote: »

I just use a £3 s-line rubber cover from eBay. Fits perfectly and looks great still even after several months.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    what's the catch? looks great for a 2nd phone...

The catch seems to be that Ovivo push adverts to your browser while using the internet: http://ovivomobile.com/about-us/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone that just missed out on cheaper 16GB models, you can request a refund for the difference from Google (assuming you bought it from them I guess):
    Should Google reduce its price on any Device within 15 days from the date you order it, you may contact Google Play Support to request a refund or credit for the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Google Play Support within 15 days of the price change.
    https://play.google.com/about/device-terms.html

Naughty of them not to publicise this more.
  • Options
    jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone that just missed out on cheaper 16GB models, you can request a refund for the difference from Google (assuming you bought it from them I guess):

But nice of them to offer. After all they aren't legally required to as far as I know.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

jwball wrote: »
    But nice of them to offer. After all they aren't legally required to as far as I know.

Within 15 days of purchase. Fair enough I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sorry to ask such a basic question but does the Nexus 7 have Bluetooth? I'm thinking that if I get one I'd like to use it in conjunction with one of the small Bluetooth speakers.
    I assume it would be easy to transfer music from my computer to the Nexus.
    Many thanks.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowncd wrote: »
    Sorry to ask such a basic question but does the Nexus 7 have Bluetooth? I'm thinking that if I get one I'd like to use it in conjunction with one of the small Bluetooth speakers.
    Many thanks.

Yeah it does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowncd wrote: »
    Many thanks.

With a google music account you can store up to 20,000 tracks on their server and stream them directly to the nexus so you don't use any storage up on the tablet itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I use this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-UltraSlim-Multiple-Function-Leather/dp/B008OR98WW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1351693438&sr=8-10

- looks like a paper notebook when closed, so you're not flashing around an expensive bit of kit.
    - can be used as a stand
    - strap thing for your hand really nice to use to 'hold' the N7 for long periods.
    - still small enough to fit in an inside coat pocket.
    - all the sockets/controls still useable.
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    I just use a £3 s-line rubber cover from eBay. Fits perfectly and looks great still even after several months.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! The S-Line cover is cheaper but I really like the one paulbrock suggested so I've ordered myself one :)
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    jwball wrote: »
    With a google music account you can store up to 20,000 tracks on their server and stream them directly to the nexus so you don't use any storage up on the tablet itself.

Not so good if you have no Wi-Fi connection though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks all for the replies regarding the Bluetooth query. I thought I was OK but just wanted to check with the experts.
    I do have wi-fi and my plan is to have the Nexus in the dining room with a small Bluetooth speaker as the ones I've heard give pretty good sound. The cloud storage sounds interesting - the choice now is between the 32g or cheaper 16g model. I suspect for the extra few pounds the 32 would be the one to go for. Once again, many thanks.
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    As the 3G version is not out yet then it's a safe assumption that anyone interested in the Nexus 7 would have a WiFi connection most of the time they are using it.

Failing that, you can make the music "Available Offline", but obviously this will use storage space so it's probably best for a playlist or two for music you want to listen to anywhere...
    http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1205692
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cy_bones wrote: »
    As the 3G version is not out yet then it's a safe assumption that anyone interested in the Nexus 7 would have a WiFi connection most of the time they are using it.

Not at all - I'm sure there are plenty of people that want to just load their tablets up with music/videos etc and not have to use Wi-Fi or 3G when they are out and about.
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all - I'm sure there are plenty of people that want to just load their tablets up with music/videos etc and not have to use Wi-Fi or 3G when they are out and about.
    Really? Is a tablet really the best thing to use as a mobile music player?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't have any music on my tablet. If I want to listen to anthing I just stream it from cloud strorage. Prefer to use my phone for music storage. Much more mobile.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Best thing? No, not in my opinion but I am sure plenty of people do.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely the "best thing" a device can be used for is a purely subjective assessment. Some people will never use theirs for music while for others it will be the main use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No but a good option if you do, for free.