Melissa and Joey

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must re-check that then :confused:
    I only spotted on the last episode. Never watched the credits until then. Still bugs me how odd they are.
    auntiem wrote: »
    Yes, you appear to have missed S2 episodes 1 and 2, episode 1 where Melissa agrees to remodel her house and episode 2, where she puts Joey in charge of the work.
    It must be one of the biggest refurbs in sitcom-land. They changed so much, and yet Burk's room is still the same bizarrely.

I couldn't see what was wrong with the old kitchen and lounge, but I guess that they felt, production wise, that the old set didn't flow right or something.
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I only spotted on the last episode. Never watched the credits until then. Still bugs me how odd they are.

It must be one of the biggest refurbs in sitcom-land. They changed so much, and yet Burk's room is still the same bizarrely.

I couldn't see what was wrong with the old kitchen and lounge, but I guess that they felt, production wise, that the old set didn't flow right or something.

I wonder if it had something to do with the longevity of the set. They put in a cheap set to get the first series commissioned and when it got renewed and they realised that more series would follow, they invested in the set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah good point. I never thought of that.
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member

Biggest refurbs.....fresh prince of bel air has to win that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I thought that house was the same all the way through.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just in case anyone is interested. im in la on holiday and saw s4e1 recorded. its a halloween special with aunt zelda from sabrina in it
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just in case anyone is interested. im in la on holiday and saw s4e1 recorded. its a halloween special with aunt zelda from sabrina in it

Cool. I was in LA over the summer and went to a few TV recordings too, what studios is Mellissa and Joey recorded at?
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its at cbs. took about 3h in total
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is so lightweight it could float away, but I still find it amusing.
    I've only been watching it for around 3 or 4 weeks, so I've missed a lot of what's been posted it about it.
    Bit of a shock seeing Joey's hair, after remembering him in "Blossom", but it just looked to me as if it had been shaved very close.
    Now seems to be growing out again, if he was bald, then had a transplant, it has fooled me.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Now seems to be growing out again, if he was bald, then had a transplant, it has fooled me.
    You need to review the thread a bit ;) They're showing them in a weird order; hence Joe's "there then not there" hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its more obvious in some episodes than others. It’s fairly well speculated that he’s had multiple transplants and users some kind of concealer in the newer episodes to make his longer thinning hair appear like a full head of hair. When he’s got a shaved head you can even see a scar on the back of his head where the his surgery must have been done. Some people speculate he wears a wig, but I think its just clever trickery.
    But whatever’s going on, its a continuity nightmare when you watch the programme.
    Forum Member
    Great News. Melissa and Joey season 3 episode 1 scheduled for
    Monday, 27th October 2014 at 7.30 pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Almost a primetime slot, E4 are obviously happy with it.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brilliant news - am re watching series 2 in the afternoons so now looking forward to series 3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news! Is it daily (aka rushed through) or will it be weekly?
    Forum Member
    Excellent news! Is it daily (aka rushed through) or will it be weekly?

I get my info from locatetv - it is daily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame, but hey, so long as its shown I guess it doesn't matter.
    Forum Member
    Yep. Fine by me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Glad this show is coming back and with daily installments. We have roughly six weeks of episodes to come. :D
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »
    Glad this show is coming back and with daily installments. We have roughly six weeks of episodes to come. :D

My tv mag is saying 1/16 for next monday so not sure we're getting all of season 3 in one go >:(
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    My tv mag is saying 1/16 for next monday so not sure we're getting all of season 3 in one go >:(

Oh man, that is a little bit gutting. If that is the case I would rather have it in weekly instalments.
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is so lightweight it could float away, but I still find it amusing.
    I've only been watching it for around 3 or 4 weeks, so I've missed a lot of what's been posted it about it.
    Bit of a shock seeing Joey's hair, after remembering him in "Blossom", but it just looked to me as if it had been shaved very close.

He was in Blossom? I had enough of a problem adjusting to Blossom in TBBT! :D

Do enjoy M&J - nice lightweight, just home from work and need to relax watching.
    Forum Member
    Season Three started today on e4, glad we are getting new episodes. Loved Joey's hair, wonder if it will change colour and style throughout the series? :D
    Was Melissa pregnant during the filming of the third season?

Just when we thought Joey was going to leave Mel boom a little twist with Ryder.

Anyone else enjoy tonights episode?
    Anyone notice the voiceover saying this is a new show? Umm no, just a new time slot. :rolleyes:
    Repeated tomorrow at 4, for those who might have missed it.
    Forum Member
    jackles27 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the voiceover saying this is a new show? Umm no, just a new time slot. :rolleyes:
    Well it wasn't a repeat. Therefore it was, by definition, new. So go roll your eyes at yourself :)

I did notice they're re-using the S1 long-version titles though. Wonder if they'll change at some point?

Weirdly, there are 37 episodes in this run. What an odd number; literally!

PS. Loving the synposis for S4E1.

"Mel's doctor drops in on Halloween and reveals that Mel was once a teenage witch."

Been waiting a while for them to work that in; though there have been a few "in jokes" already :)
    Forum Member
    Well it wasn't a repeat. Therefore it was, by definition, new. So go roll your eyes at yourself :)

I did notice they're re-using the S1 long-version titles though. Wonder if they'll change at some point?

Weirdly, there are 37 episodes in this run. What an odd number; literally!

PS. Loving the synposis for S4E1.

"Mel's doctor drops in on Halloween and reveals that Mel was once a teenage witch."

Been waiting a while for them to work that in; though there have been a few "in jokes" already :)

Fair point. :)

BIB Especially as one of the Aunt's is dropping by for that episode.