Portal 2

Mark AMark A Posts: 7,690
Forum Member
Coming in the Summer, allegedly.

Hurah! Portal is one of my all time favourite games. I hope they do another weird and wonderful end song.

Regards

Mark

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas, for PC & 360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/portal-2-due-out-this-christmas

I want HL2 Episode 3 more though...
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta agree, as much as Portal was fun and different i don't think it needs a sequel, i want episode 3.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    i want episode 3.

The last time someone said that, look what happened!!
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done a bit of reading about the orange box? Is it worth buying? I am only just getting into gaming again now.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I also hear that Valve are starting to port their games to Macs! Meanwhile they still refuse to work on the PS3, giving off crap excuses and saying they'll look into it, and just go out and say Yeah, Portal 2 isn't coming to PS3 either, it's still too hard for us to work with the machine, let's point at Sony and blame them despite every other game dev actually doing games right on the thing!

edit: Yes that was a bit ranty, but Valve just annoy me, they are a lazy company, their ideas are great but the executions are mostly the same.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would never buy a Valve game on a console anyway. They miss out on all the user generated stuff and Valve's DLC on the PC is free.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    I gotta agree, as much as Portal was fun and different i don't think it needs a sequel, i want episode 3.
    bob187 wrote: »
    The last time someone said that, look what happened!!

I just don't get why it takes them so long... When was Ep2? Two or three years ago now?

carguy143 wrote: »
    Just done a bit of reading about the orange box? Is it worth buying? I am only just getting into gaming again now.

YES!

Half-Life 2 is awesome. As is Episode 1. As is Episode 2. As is Portal. And perhaps also Team Fortress 2, although I never played that myself.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

YES!

Half-Life 2 is awesome. As is Episode 1. As is Episode 2. As is Portal. And perhaps also Team Fortress 2, although I never played that myself.

Hmm will have to have a look at it then. It's on play.com for £14.99 http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3359578/Half-Life-2-The-Orange-Box/Product.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portal 2 will be arriving on PC, 360 and Mac at Christmas [Winter, if we're being official].

It will be a full blown release as apposed to download, and will be considerably longer than the original, based 100 years after the first game.

A lot of info is out there if you browse around, but I wont post incase spoilers aren't wanted. But I will say that Coulton... aka Still Alive... is back on board this time for a full soundtrack.

GLaDOS: "Oh, it's you... It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy, being dead. You know... after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences aside us. For science's sake... you monster!"

Full details released at next week's GDC conference... and then on Digital Spy's official pages about 3 days after that probably, being the up to date site they are. ;)
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The April issue of Game Informer has some new details regarding Portal 2.

Portal 2 is set hundreds of years after the original game and sees the return of nasty GlaDOS and female protagonist/test subject, Chell. There's also two-player co-op planned with a pair of humanoid robots controlled by each player. They like to hold hands.

Portal was a 'trial game' apparently. Size and assets were specifically kept minimal as Valve had no idea it would be as popular as it turned out to be.

Portal was a 'test bed', Portal 2 is a 'full game'.

Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the original and so the Aperture Science complex has overgrown and almost looks like a jungle.

GlaDOS returns as the antagonist.

Chell returns as the hero, and we play as her once again.

Those personality orbs you may recall from the last Portal have sectioned off parts of the Aperture labs as their territory and are concerned about the decaying state of the complex.

The original Portal gun thankfully remains unchanged, so will still be the same sleek, crisp white lump of tech we're used to.

There's a new 'paint' mechanic wherein certain liquid substances can be used to cause a reaction. For instance, the demo showed an orange substance on the floor that propelled Chell upwards. Using portals you can chuck these 'paints' through to other areas of the level for puzzle solving.

New reflection cubes will enable you to reflect laser beams for some puzzles.

Physics will now be an integral part of portal puzzle solving. A vent that sucks air in can be combined with a portal to 'suck' from a different location is cited as an example.

The co-op campaign has you play as two bipedal robots that like to hold hands. Fruity.

Co-op will also have a splitscreen option and will reportedly utilise picture-in-picture online to allow you to easily communicate with the other player and combine efforts for puzzle solving.

Looking good so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Great application !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic to play i enjoyed a lot.