Sharon and Phil.....Feels like old times....cracking chemistry !! :)

soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
Forum Member
I've loved their scenes this week! The scene in the vic felt like old time classic EE and I loved that line 'This is where we started....this is where it ends' Letitia Dean and Steve Mcfadden have cracking chemistry especially when the writing is spot on for them!! It's going to be interesting what's next for these two.... :):):)

Comments

• Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    I know exactly what you mean, it was great watching two EastEnders legends acting there hearts out, this next weeks episodes if written properly should be epic.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Their recent scenes in the Vic feels like classic Sharon and Phil from the old days. My favourite ever scenes of Phil and Sharon is their two hander episode in 2002 but I was impressed with their scenes on Friday. I'm looking forward to their big storyline soon.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Their recent scenes in the Vic feels like classic Sharon and Phil from the old days. My favourite ever scenes of Phil and Sharon is their two hander episode in 2002 but I was impressed with their scenes on Friday. I'm looking forward to their big storyline soon.

Yeah that was a brilliant episode, Phil revealed to Sharon he was physically abused by his Dad as a kid and Sharon realised the Vic held too many bad memories for her due to Den and Angie. Brilliant.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Phil and Sharon together then, I much preferred her with Grant.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scenes in the vic were priceless!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

Agreed.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto! :D
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yeah agree with what's been said here and elsewhere- it actually felt a bit like old school EE with two legends laying their hearts on the line on the morning of their wedding. Classic stuff. I at once point did sorta think they had lost their chemistry but I think this story has shown that they just needed the right material rather than just getting chucked back together with nothing to work with. They're both massive characters who thrive off history and drama.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem is they're rewriting their history kinda Sharon's "I've waited for years to marry Phil" remark was awful. If that were the case why didn't she marry him over Grant in the first place? and she showed no interest in Phil when Dennis was around. Until 2013, Sharon and Phil hadn't been a thing since 2001.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good, first time I agree there, LD has her limitations with Sharon as a character and might not be the strongest of actresses but she can deliver when needed, same for Steve Mcfadden, proper raw storytelling is always the best imo.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great seeing them like they were many years ago, I hope for more :)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when they write Sharon in character and actually give her some decent material. She was always a great asset to the show until Newman got her hands on her and turned her into Tanya's bitchier clone. McFadden and Dean are a great pairing. I hope their characters are kept together.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Problem is they're rewriting their history kinda Sharon's "I've waited for years to marry Phil" remark was awful. If that were the case why didn't she marry him over Grant in the first place? and she showed no interest in Phil when Dennis was around. Until 2013, Sharon and Phil hadn't been a thing since 2001.

Yeah, their relationship seemed to reach its natural end over 10 years ago when they both moved on. All this does feel like regression.

Like Peggy suddenly being irate over "ruining Grant's life" despite the fact it's almost 20 years since that all took place and all of the characters moved on from that.

It's like they've taken the whole set up back 15 years and it's jarring.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed these episodes, Sharon works best with other longterm characters and in drama that has history but this is all old ground really.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    If someone had sent thugs to my place of work and had me "scared" (beaten up) I would drop him like a hot coal. If he can do that then his wife to be is at risk of violence no matter how "sorry" he says he is. Maybe he'll hit her himself once they're married as he got away with having her battered. I don't like them together. I think it's wrong for such a show to let a bully win. Phil must have his comeuppance at some point. I don't think Letitia Dean is one of EE's strongest actresses but I think there should be a sl where she survives domestic violence instead of being a victim. Basically she should get away from Phil and find someone who will protect her and support her properly rather than have her bar trashed while she's in there.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole thing is laughable, we've both been c***s to each other, but hey, lets marry.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high.

Load of shit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree though I enjoyed watching it, none of their motives for marriage ring true and they forgave each other after five minutes! God I wish Den and Angie were there to sort their wayward daughter out.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den would be physically abhorred to see her daughter marry Phil.

Sharon is a cretin of the highest order, the man virtually caused Dennis' death and smacked her out in the Queen Vic....MUG!
  • ThascalesThascales Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Caught the end of Eastenders tonight before Family Guy on BBC4. Utter utter rubbish. Badly scripted, badly acted nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thascales wrote: »
    Caught the end of Eastenders tonight before Family Guy on BBC4. Utter utter rubbish. Badly scripted, badly acted nonsense.

Thank you, very good to know that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sharon is a cretin of the highest order, the man virtually caused Dennis' death and smacked her out in the Queen Vic....MUG!

Wasn't it Dennis that hit her in the Vic?
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They both have at some point though Dennis for his patt did so accidentally and regretted it. Phil did hit her though to be fair Sharon hit him first (though obviously doesnt excuse his actions)
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    They both have at some point though Dennis for his patt did so accidentally and regretted it. Phil did hit her though to be fair Sharon hit him first (though obviously doesnt excuse his actions)

Yup... can't say I blame her for falling out love with that place- nearly every man she ever loved has whacked her one in there, on top of her dear daddy Den being bludgeoned to death! :o Not exactly a place brimming with joyful memories eh.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sharon has severe post traumatic stress disorder. That's the only way I can watch her now given the writing for her since her return. I desperately wish Den and Angie were still around. Having said that Den would probably have a dogging habit with Shirley. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Wasn't it Dennis that hit her in the Vic?

He lashed out when Den was goading him about being abused and accidentally hit Sharon. Phil deliberately hit her (after she hit Phil following him setting Dennis up for a beating).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Sharon has severe post traumatic stress disorder. That's the only way I can watch her now given the writing for her since her return. I desperately wish Den and Angie were still around. Having said that Den would probably have a dogging habit with Shirley. :(

:o:o:o:o:o:o