Hollyoaks - Tony 'Pervert' Storyline

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't like it :( I know what Tony did was wrong, but I hate the way every man is instantly considered a pervert in those ways these days. And the way the police bully them. E4's episode just seemed quite upsetting.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I really don't like this storyline:( Does anyone know what happens?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Poor Tony :( why does nothing nice ever happen to him.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Absolutely agree, this storyline, is appalling.. I've turned off, cannot watch it. Cannot imagine how this can result in a happy conclusion for anyone.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    It's showing how spiteful the McQueens are, Jacqui's no saint by any means. In her eyes she expected him to be endlessly waiting for her, despite the mixed signals.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Is what Tony did really wrong when you consider that he met Theresa in the nightclub, has no reason to believe she was younger than she claimed to be? After all Theresa was the one who lied and who was in a place meant for those over 18. When Tony discovered the truth he told her to leave him alone and the only reason it has gone as far as the police getting involved is because of Jacqui wanting to get back at Tony.

I feel really sorry for Tony, if he had intentionally slept with someone who he knew was underage then I'd say he gets all her deserves but he didn't. I think this story brings up some very valid points about who is really in the wrong in a situation where someone believes that someone else is older than they really are and how because of this silly girl lying in the first place Tony's life could be ruined. To me Tony is the real 'victim' in all this and not Theresa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a real contrast between Tony's storyline in Hollyoaks and (ironically named) Tony in EastEnders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it too..its awful..
  • Paulo 313Paulo 313 Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jmoo wrote: »
    I don't like it :( I know what Tony did was wrong, but I hate the way every man is instantly considered a pervert in those ways these days. And the way the police bully them. E4's episode just seemed quite upsetting.

I feel sorry for him big time. I feel a lot of sympathy for him i wud have done the same because she did look much older then 15 and was in a club and lied about been in university and very good looking.but it,s the law.but that airhead bint Cindy did over react big time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan of Tony but I feel so sorry for him right now. I cannot stand Jacqui or Mrya anymore. I wish they would give Tony a break that man has been through too much!
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    It's showing how spiteful the McQueens are, Jacqui's no saint by any means. In her eyes she expected him to be endlessly waiting for her, despite the mixed signals.

Also wouldn't you think given what happened with Becca and how upset Jacqui got over that, that she would have even a modicum of sympathy (or failing that understanding at least) for the situation Tony found himself in?
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i feel sorry for him. :(
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a previous poster said she was in a nightclub, how was he supposed to know she was underage?

Shouldn't the actual club hold some responsibility for not checking her ID? :S

I feel so sorry for Tony, it's really hard to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    As a previous poster said she was in a nightclub, how was he supposed to know she was underage?

Shouldn't the actual club hold some responsibility for not checking her ID? :S

I feel so sorry for Tony, it's really hard to watch.

That's what makes it a good story line.

Legally Tony is in the wrong. Ignorance is no defense in this sort of crime - he slept with a minor. End of. If found guilty he'd be put on the Sex Offenders register and it would ruin his life.

But morally it's a whole different story. Loads of guys will have unknowingly slept with underaged girls. Where does it move from being okay in the public's eyes (Tony/Theresa in Hollyoaks) to being abusive (Tony/Whitney in Eastenders)? Should Tony in HO have checked how old she was or just assumed, as he did, that if she's in a nightclub she had to be old enough? What age difference between bloke and girl makes it unacceptable?

I think it's a great storyline because it's not black and white and must happen to so many people every weekend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Its mostly annoying to watch because there is no way Tonys lawyer would allow the interview to continue after finding out about Marks involvement with Jaqui. Its a conflict of interest.

That is how Tony could get out of it though of course, if the conflict of interest stuff came out in court its possible the entire case would have to be thrown out.
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame that stupid *** theresa shes ruined the show!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theresa is really annoying, she looks like a dumbed-down version of Miley Cyrus.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Theresa didnt mean for things to go this far she's only going along with the story because tony rejected her, I think jacqui is just getting tony back for what hes done to her and its not about theresa at all. On the other hand tony should had a bit more sense to sleep with the first girl that throws herself at him has he not learned from the mess he got into with mercedes
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Jmoo wrote: »
    It's a real contrast between Tony's storyline in Hollyoaks and (ironically named) Tony in EastEnders.

Well that's because the BBC worked for months with the NSPCC to make sure EastEnders got it right. This is why watching Tony perv and groom up Lauren is so uneasy to watch. Hollyoaks just seem to have gone for a quick shock storyline with their's, but these things do happen so anything that raises awareness is good.
    Forum Member
    Goldilocks wrote: »
    Also wouldn't you think given what happened with Becca and how upset Jacqui got over that, that she would have even a modicum of sympathy (or failing that understanding at least) for the situation Tony found himself in?
    Nearly forgot about that! Although I remember Becca helping Jacqui with her CV etc. she's definitely being a hypocrit then. I don't mind them, but the McQueens are becoming like a self-centered version of the Slaters from EE.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Ultimately, the conclusion, means Tony's life will never be the same again, because even if there's no court case or trial, muds sticks, and people have long memories.

The stigma, of being accused alone, will have for reaching repercussions, on his life which can never be reversed.

It's just, such an ugly, horrible storyline, and has not endeared viewers to the young girl, taking on the role, of the McQueen cousin.

Maybe Hollyoaks writers, are trying to make a point... with the build up to Christmas, and New year, more festivities and parties, maybe they're showing, just how easy it is, to misinterpret someones age, and how vunerable you then become when the truth is revealed.

I personally, wish they'd chosen a different character, to destory, for Christmas.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Tony. The accused-of-sleeping-with-a-minor story was very hard-hitting when they did it with O.B.'s friend Simon, and even more painful to watch when it's Tony :( It's a good issue to bring up, but not the best way to endear Theresa to viewers.

The other characters will probably forgive and forget when the story's finished though, like they did with Justin even though he basically got Becca killed with a similar lie.
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Ultimately, the conclusion, means Tony's life will never be the same again, because even if there's no court case or trial, muds sticks, and people have long memories.

The stigma, of being accused alone, will have for reaching repercussions, on his life which can never be reversed.

It's just, such an ugly, horrible storyline, and has not endeared viewers to the young girl, taking on the role, of the McQueen cousin.

Maybe Hollyoaks writers, are trying to make a point... with the build up to Christmas, and New year, more festivities and parties, maybe they're showing, just how easy it is, to misinterpret someones age, and how vunerable you then become when the truth is revealed.

I personally, wish they'd chosen a different character, to destory, for Christmas.
    Got to agree with the highlighted, like Tony mentioned- look at how the village pratically lynch mobbed Simon.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,192
    Forum Member
    Isn't the girl implying she told Tony her age before he took her home. Which she didn't but he'll never prove that.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    Got to agree with the highlighted, like Tony mentioned- look at how the village pratically lynch mobbed Simon.
    they have the worst memories in hollyoaks village it will all be forgotten about by christmas:)
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    In the E4 episdoe cindy made my blood boil literally I can't stand her character anyway but....gggggrrrrrr!!!

Feel really sorry for Tony and I used to like Jacqui but she pushed tony away then she wanted him again and because he didn't want her she thinks its perfectly acceptable to punish him like this!

sorry i can't believe i'm getting so wound up about a fictional story but I am!