Is it time for a Morbidly Obese Doctor?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    I am not obese and I look nothing like a stereotypical obese person.
    Well, you've just written yourself out of the part.

Next! :sleep:
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Johnny Vegas.

With "Munkey" as his companion.
  • prof_traversprof_travers Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    "Waddle you clever boy, waddle"
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    None of you are taking this idea seriously. Why not? Is the idea of a big fat Doctor so ridiculous?

Think of all the issues it would clear up. There's the unpopular romance aspect for starters. Fat people are unlovable. Problem solved!

Also, many fans have grown tired of the Doctor's supposed mopey ol dark side. Fat people are really jolly. Problem solved!

I think this makes a terrific amount of sense.

Sorry, I assumed it was another of your... er... "comedy" posts.

You want serious responses? Okay - there should never be a role model for children who is morbidly obese. Obesity is a problem as it is, within developed countries - ie: the main Doctor Who audiences - who are trying to stop it. There would never be call for a morbidly obese Doctor, and nor should there ever be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as the Eleventh Doctor's introductory episode was entitled "The Eleventh Hour" - the Morbidly Obese Doctor's introductory episode could be called... "The LARDASS in the TARDIS".
  • YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Well it's safe to say the Kandyman wouldn't be a problem against a morbidly obese Doctor... he'd just eat him. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »

You want serious responses? Okay - there should never be a role model for children who is morbidly obese. Obesity is a problem as it is, within developed countries - ie: the main Doctor Who audiences - who are trying to stop it. There would never be call for a morbidly obese Doctor, and nor should there ever be.

Blimey, now everyone go tell your children that Santa Claus has developed diabetes and they won't be getting any presents this year. It's for their own good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's exactly this type of prejudice that Plus-Sized people are trying to stomp out. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Lii wrote: »
    Blimey, now everyone go tell your children that Santa Claus has developed diabetes and they won't be getting any presents this year. It's for their own good.
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    It's exactly this type of prejudice that Plus-Sized people are trying to stomp out. :mad:

You are differentiating between 'obese' and 'morbidly obese' aren't you? As long as you're healthy, you're fine. As soon as you're morbidly obese, it's very bad for your health. Santa's not morbidly obese, so why bring him up?

Would you want a smoking Doctor? Or a steroid abusing Doctor? If you don't mind a morbidly obese one, surely they're fine, too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it, Santa is OK because he's just obese, which is fine. It's only morbidly obese people that should be removed from our screens.

And just to be on the safe side, we should probably tell children that Gandalf has lung cancer.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they are not black, a woman or James Corden.
    Why not ?
    Forum Member
    As long as they are not black, a woman or James Corden.
    Why not ?

Now that is just discrimination. I cannot believe these ignorant views still exist.

What is wrong with having a James Corden play the Doctor? They are just like us you know. I thought society had moved on from all the prejudice the James Cordens have been put through. Honestly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshee wrote: »
    Now that is just discrimination. I cannot believe these ignorant views still exist.

What is wrong with having a James Corden play the Doctor? They are just like us you know. I thought society had moved on from all the prejudice the James Cordens have been put through. Honestly.

Look, you are differentiating between people who are "James Corden" and people who are "morbidly James Corden" aren't you? As long as you're healthy, you're fine. As soon as you're morbidly James Corden, it's very bad for your health.
    Forum Member
    Look, you are differentiating between people who are "James Corden" and people who are "morbidly James Corden" aren't you? As long as you're healthy, you're fine. As soon as you're morbidly James Corden, it's very bad for your health.

Now now, just because someone is morbidly James Corden doesn't mean they should be shunned from television.

Just, you know... make sure whatever they're in airs after the watershed. :S
    Forum Member
    Got it, Santa is OK because he's just obese, which is fine. It's only morbidly obese people that should be removed from our screens.

And just to be on the safe side, we should probably tell children that Gandalf has lung cancer.

Yeah, because we really really want kids to think becoming so obese they could die of a heart attack early, or have to inject themselves regularly because of a disease that can't be cured is okay, despite all evidence to the contrary...

You understand that obese and morbidly obese are two medically defined terms don't you? And yes, obese is fine - not ideal, but not life-threatening. Not sure why that's so contentious. Just medically sound.

As for Gandalf, not so sure he's the role model in those films. Not to the same aspect as the Doctor. And I don't personally know of any tobacco that makes smoke butterflies. Not too difficult to distinguish the reality from the fictional there...

One more thing. I never said removed from our screens. But as a role model? You seriously want that? For kids?
    Forum Member
    Yeah, because we really really want kids to think becoming so obese they could die of a heart attack early, or have to inject themselves regularly because of a disease that can't be cured is okay, despite all evidence to the contrary...

You understand that obese and morbidly obese are two medically defined terms don't you? And yes, obese is fine - not ideal, but not life-threatening. Not sure why that's so contentious. Just medically sound.

As for Gandalf, not so sure he's the role model in those films. Not to the same aspect as the Doctor. And I don't personally know of any tobacco that makes smoke butterflies. Not too difficult to distinguish the reality from the fictional there...

One more thing. I never said removed from our screens. But as a role model? You seriously want that? For kids?

Well, when you put it that way, I of course think a 1000+ year old alien who whizzes around time and space in a police box and disregards basically any rules wherever he goes and ends up in countless dangerous and possibly life-threatening situations is a much better and much more relatable role model.

Thanks for opening my eyes to that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now now, just because someone is morbidly James Corden doesn't mean they should be shunned from television.

Just, you know... make sure whatever they're in airs after the watershed. :S

Ah, I see where you're going with this, you're thinking about a Torchwood revival aren't you? Cap'n Jack putting together a new team of people who are morbidly obese James Corden smoking steroid abusers.

That's what Torchwood was all about, doing the things that Who never could.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First of all morbid obesity is life threatening I agree with that. However you are making obesity sound as if it is ok. Obesity can be life threatening. All the things you have said that happens to morbidly obese people can happen to obese people.
    Forum Member
    Ah, I see where you're going with this, you're thinking about a Torchwood revival aren't you? Cap'n Jack putting together a new team of people who are morbidly obese James Corden smoking steroid abusers.

That's what Torchwood was all about, doing the things that Who never could.

Argh! I was hoping to keep it a surprise!

Ok, you got me. Oh but don't forget that one black Chinese ginger homosexual alien who speaks Arabic. Expert at committing crimes, eating rice, and building bombs all at the same time, and looking absolutely fabulous doing it. :)
    Forum Member
    bp2 wrote: »
    First of all morbid obesity is life threatening I agree with that. However you are making obesity sound as if it is ok. Obesity can be life threatening. All the things you have said that happens to morbidly obese people can happen to obese people.

Ooh... I wouldn't say that here if I were you. Apparently, it's okay to promote an unhealthy life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh! I was hoping to keep it a surprise!

Ok, you got me. Oh but don't forget that one black Chinese ginger homosexual alien who speaks Arabic. Expert at committing crimes, eating rice, and building bombs all at the same time, and looking absolutely fabulous doing it. :)

The fans will never go for someone who is just gay. Better make them bi, and slightly flirtatious with robots. Oh, and it's probably a good idea to nail down exactly what their BMI should be for casting.
    Forum Member
    Well, when you put it that way, I of course think a 1000+ year old alien who whizzes around time and space in a police box and disregards basically any rules wherever he goes and ends up in countless dangerous and possibly life-threatening situations is a much better and much more relatable role model.

Thanks for opening my eyes to that. :)

Of course, carry on. I'm sure you can possibly throw in a couple of crack **** as companions too.

Trivialising and encouraging a serious problem with kids is always fun. Whatever that issue is.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better call Biggins.
    Forum Member
    Of course, carry on. I'm sure you can possibly throw in a couple of crack **** as companions too.

Trivialising and encouraging a serious problem with kids is always fun. Whatever that issue is.

You're still going on about James Cordens? Good God, have you no respect? THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO OK? GOD! Go take your ignorant views somewhere else.

To any James Cordens reading this thread, in the words of the Tenth Doctor, I am so so sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trivialising and encouraging a serious problem

So true. Too many morbidly obese people fail to realise that through the simple act of being seen they are encouraging a whole new generation of children to follow them. Perhaps we should consider limiting the hours they can go outside.