Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed that Alan Smith is an ex-gooner.
    Complete **** since he stated sucking the Sky tit.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great win, really great result.

Everyone did well, even the defence. My man of the match was Alex Song who was exceptional today. Ran the midfield and the defence at the same time, won the ball back so many times and seemed to be on the end of every Chelsea cross bar the goal. He's been getting some flack for not defending as much as he should recently, but that has shown that he can do it when he needs to, and in the big games too.

Really chuffed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men against boys???? More like men agains OAP'S! Get in The Arsenal!!!! :D

Immensely proud of the team!!!!
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've looked into my crystal ball and have seen disappointment,anger and the usual replies from the usual members.Damn it!Drogba again!:p:D:p

You need a new ball:D I predicted this result on facebook earlier today:eek:
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S.D. Shrew wrote: »

Everyone did well, even the defence. My man of the match was Alex Song who was exceptional today. Ran the midfield and the defence at the same time, won the ball back so many times and seemed to be on the end of every Chelsea cross bar the goal. He's been getting some flack for not defending as much as he should recently, but that has shown that he can do it when he needs to, and in the big games too.

Really chuffed.

Yeah, I thought Song was absolutely immense today. Reminded me of the Song of the last 2 seasons - held back, won a lot of tackles and headers, provided solid cover, and he picked his times to go forward perfectly. I thought Sagna and Djourou were fantastic, as well, completely cut off all threat from their left flank. Djourou in the first team permanently, please.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    S.D. Shrew wrote: »

Really chuffed.

Song was exceptional. Just goes to show you if you work hard and have a bit of faith in someone (the manager should be credited), you get rewards. Wasn't he heckled by the supporters four years ago for his debut or something? Wenger's been rewarded for persisting in him, the loan did a lot of good for adapting into first team football.

Can't read into the performance too much; Chelsea were just as poor but this is a massive win for Arsenal, make no mistake about it.

Djourou and Koscielny = Hope perhaps until Vermaelen?
  • FrankieHowerdFrankieHowerd Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    You need a new ball:D I predicted this result on facebook earlier today:eek:

I'm giving up cod science!Seriously a great result except for the usual dithering and heart attack moments.Look at us,we can pull talent from the bench!:rolleyes:But I still favour Guus Hiddink.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very good 3 points, albeit against a team in freefall - I can't recall ever seeing a team that was consistently so good become consistently so average in such a short space of time, they seem to have had the life sucked out of them

To echo what others have said, Djourou looks much improved in recent games and deserves a run in the team so he can build on it

I still think Wilshire needs a break though - and Rosicky should be shown the door next month - he is a very poor choice as vice captain - I'm struggling to remember a less captain-like captain in the history of the club
  • houseful1houseful1 Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this arsenal win make them beat barcelona in their cl clash or is it just they beat a old aging haggard team chelsea.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    houseful1 wrote: »
    Will this arsenal win make them beat barcelona in their cl clash or is it just they beat a old aging haggard team chelsea.

I'm not saying they will but it will give the confidence to think they can.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't tell the wife but thats the best Xmas present this year.
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Wilshire needs a break though - and Rosicky should be shown the door next month - he is a very poor choice as vice captain - I'm struggling to remember a less captain-like captain in the history of the club

I totally agree r.e Rosicky. He offers very little to the team. Wenger can't ignore Walcott any longer in favour of him, it would make no sense.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, and it's a shame. Rosicky was a fantastic talent when he first joined, but I think the two years of injury have completely killed his ability to play at a top level club.

I'd also like to see Clichy gone soon. He was abysmal again tonight, I can't count how many times I remember yelling at him for giving the ball away. I know others think we need a new centre back, or a new defensive midfielder, but I think Song has proved tonight he can still play a proper holding midfield role, while Djourou is looking more impressive with each game - the outfield player we need more than any is a half-decent left back.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very good 3 points, albeit against a team in freefall - I can't recall ever seeing a team that was consistently so good become consistently so average in such a short space of time, they seem to have had the life sucked out of them

To echo what others have said, Djourou looks much improved in recent games and deserves a run in the team so he can build on it

I would agree with all of that. I know they have a very good 1st XI buy they have no depth at all forcwhivh the oligarch must take the blame. His continual firing of managers means they never build a squad....I'm sure they will still go close to winning the title once they get over this blip.

I also felt Djourou had a huge game last night, finally after many false starts he's finally coming good, do not leave him out Arsene.

I felt the 1st half was pretty even but then we overran them 2nd half. Watching Essien being overrun by our midgets was a joy to watch.

The ground was as loud as I can recall last night and I have a very sore throat this morning.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    All I can say is 'you beauties' ...............:D
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football Spy: Arsenal, January 2011 transfer window preview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ciHv6HbKs&feature=sub
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

More chance of Spurs winning the league than us signing any of those players
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he starts off with 'I wonder if Arsenal might be interested in signing.....' then you know it's a load of moonshine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waatching Alex Hleb floundering around after coming on as sub for Birmingham tonight.
    Didn't really work out for him when he left us to 'better himself. did it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Just weatching Alex Hleb floundering around after coming on as sub for Birmingham tonight.
    Didn;t really work out for him when he left us to 'better himself; did it?

He should have been booked for a blatant dive also. He's quite high on my disliked players list and epitomised a lot of what was bad about us.

Brum away on sat will be hard, it would be nice for us to show some intent by winning our next 3 games. As I said a few weeks ago we'll have a better idea of where we are after the City game next week.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1-1 great result
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only signing we will make will be a centre half and if we do it means Vermaelen us crocked for the season. If anything I'm thinking 2 or 3 may go, Almunia. Eboue. Denilson......
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    1-1 great result

The thing is it would only be a great result if Arsenal can win their on Saturday.

Wenger's title hopes have twice ended at St. Andrews because of freakish incidents. Eduardo got injured, Clichy's blunder forced a penalty in stoppage time and Gallas done his infamous strop. Last season Almunia's howler left Wenger swearing during a press conference.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    The only signing we will make will be a centre half and if we do it means Vermaelen us crocked for the season. If anything I'm thinking 2 or 3 may go, Almunia. Eboue. Denilson......

Almunia possibly but even then I wouldn't put money on it. I would be shocked if we were to sell anyone in January. We need all the players available if we are to sustain the PL title challenge as well as the other trophies on offer. It would be folly to sell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Almunia possibly but even then I wouldn't put money on it. I would be shocked if we were to sell anyone in January. We need all the players available if we are to sustain the PL title challenge as well as the other trophies on offer. It would be folly to sell.

Of the 3 Eboue is probably the only I would keep and that's because he's cover for Sagna and nothing else. The other 2?have no future the way I see it. With jacks emergence and the return of Rambo there's no place for Denilson and about time too.

Jeez the arrogance of certain united fans on here winds me up. Some of them think they have a god given right to win every game and when they don't it's the refs fault. At least when we lose it's the manager and players get it.:D
This discussion has been closed.