Options

eBay think buyer's pulling a fast one adv plz

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
Forum Member
Hi
I'm sure someone's asked this before, sorry if its s repeat question. I would search through forum but am currently in hospital with my baby son who is ill.

A buyer who has a 8 feedback rating bought some Christian dior face cream I sold. I had several other items finish at the same time all made it to their buyers except this one.
I posted on fri 11 jan same day as he paid and its not got there I did suggest the weather may have delayed it slightly and it was 2nd so earliest it would've got would be 14/1

He keeps messaging me all the time wanting tracking details I right in thinking that he'll get a refund via my account/PayPal? And I should enquire about that so he doesn't get paid twice?
He's quite rude and I'm polite back but with being in here I can't do a lot at present.

He's now saying it was for a Present he needs Friday. I've explained r/mail won't class it as lost till 1/2/13 but I would keep him Informed?
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I contacted eBay who basically said my fault refund but I'm not gonna be scammed twice.
Any advice appreciated thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    If you sent it tracked, paypal will cover the loss and you wont be out of pocket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was sent 2nd never had it happen before.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chisches wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm sure someone's asked this before, sorry if its s repeat question. I would search through forum but am currently in hospital with my baby son who is ill.

A buyer who has a 8 feedback rating bought some Christian dior face cream I sold. I had several other items finish at the same time all made it to their buyers except this one.
    I posted on fri 11 jan same day as he paid and its not got there I did suggest the weather may have delayed it slightly and it was 2nd so earliest it would've got would be 14/1

He keeps messaging me all the time wanting tracking details I right in thinking that he'll get a refund via my account/PayPal? And I should enquire about that so he doesn't get paid twice?
    He's quite rude and I'm polite back but with being in here I can't do a lot at present.

He's now saying it was for a Present he needs Friday. I've explained r/mail won't class it as lost till 1/2/13 but I would keep him Informed?
    Has anyone else had this happen to them? I contacted eBay who basically said my fault refund but I'm not gonna be scammed twice.

It's likely to be the weather delaying it, but he might be scamming you for a refund, which unless you paid for signed delivery there's not much you can do.

He won't be able to get refunded twice though, once you refund him through your Paypal account, that's the end of it as far as I know. If you got a proof of posting receipt from the Post office, you'll have to file a claim with Royal Mail.

Hope your son is better soon:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks - he's sent me 2 more messages this morning very stressful! he wants the details to contact r/mail which I won't give him as I'll need to source the money from them.
    I've not replied yet not sure what to say I keep repeating myself he's sent me so many messages.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Refund him and claim it back from RM .
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - he's sent me 2 more messages this morning very stressful! he wants the details to contact r/mail which I won't give him as I'll need to source the money from them.
    I've not replied yet not sure what to say I keep repeating myself he's sent me so many messages.

Seriously, he isn't going to give up, whether he's genuine or not. Refund him via your Paypal account and then claim it back from Royal Mail. Refunding via Paypal is easy, takes a few seconds!

Once refunded, he'll stop hassling you, you don't need the stress!
  • Options
    skunk-monkeyskunk-monkey Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Hi

if you have low seller score paypal will not release the funds until he leaves you positive feedback or after a month. tell him to open a dispute with you and let ebay sort it out. if hes been abusive to you stop communicating with him outside ebay and let them deal with him.
  • Options
    lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You need to refund him the money he paid you and then you claim back the money from Royal Mail. You did get a receipt to prove it's been sent? Otherwise you can't claim the money back from Royal Mail.
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'll have to refundt hen claim the money from royal mail. You can't make the buyer wait for you to claim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

ALWAYS ALWAYS send items of value with tracking information on EBay,
    EBay will ALWAYS side with the buyer in disputes without tracking info!!!!!
    Someone tried this on with me when I sold a shirt. I know he received it but he still opened a case even though he strongly indicated in an email that he was only pieved with te delay. He was a nasty impatient man! ....GUESS WHAT...EBay refunded him and then PayPal (all.the same) wanted the refunded money back from me. I NEVER paid them dispite their threats to close me account and they never pursued me for the money nor close my account.
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »
    ALWAYS ALWAYS send items of value with tracking information on EBay,
    EBay will ALWAYS side with the buyer in disputes without tracking info!!!!!
    Someone tried this on with me when I sold a shirt. I know he received it but he still opened a case even though he strongly indicated in an email that he was only pieved with te delay. He was a nasty impatient man! ....GUESS WHAT...EBay refunded him and then PayPal (all.the same) wanted the refunded money back from me. I NEVER paid them dispite their threats to close me account and they never pursued me for the money nor close my account.[/QUOTE]

They will have taken the money back via your chosen method of payment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will have taken the money back via your chosen method of payment.[/QUOTE]

This. I had the same thing happen, paypal and ebay were of no help and sided with the buyer. I'm still disputing it as paypal refunded the girl without telling me but I'm pretty sure as soon as any money went into my paypal account they would take it from me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a place on ebay (in the drop down menu on your My Ebay page with each item) to add the tracking details. This means everyone - seller, buyer, paypal, ebay - has the information. Fill that in when you mark the item dispatched and it is much easier if a buyer disputes delivery.