Options

Lacey Turner cast in army drama 'Our Girl'

ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
Forum Member
✭✭
acey Turner (EastEnders, Bedlam, Switch) will star as Molly Dawes in Tony Grounds’ (Births Marriages & Deaths, Bodily Harm, Canterbury Tales) new single drama Our Girl, directed by David Drury (The Take, Prime Suspect 3, The Paradise). It will be produced for the channel by BBC Drama Production.

Our Girl is the story of Molly Dawes (Turner), the eldest of five kids with little future, a difficult father and a mother who always wanted more for her. Born and raised in the London Borough of Newham, it tells her story from nobody to a soldier in the Royal Army Medical Corps, to her final arrival in Afghanistan.

Link

Could be potentially fantastic. Lacey is a brilliant actress so I look forward to seeing this in 2013.

Comments

• Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know. I am watching Lacey in Switch and look forward to seeing her in Our Girl.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see that Lacey seems to be doing very well since leaving Easties.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    Wow she's doing really well for herself. Loving Switch, so weird to see her, Dr. May and Syd in it.
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us "Lacey" fans know :) Sounds very promising!
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will air in March and first official picture revealed.

Here.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Looks quite good!

Fair play to Lacey, I was gutted when she left EastEnders but it's been great seeing her different roles and I particularly liked her in Switch on ITV2, shame that doesn't seem to be coming back.
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to check this out.

I still need to catch up on Switch, she was excellent in Bedlam though.