lumia 520 icon bar

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone have one of these and know how to make the icon bar permanent. That is the bar that shows battery, wifi, signal strength etc. Currently battery is always on view but you have to tap the bar to show the 'hidden' icons like signal strength.

i would prefer to have signal strength and data connection speed always shown rather than having to click the bar each time.

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have one of these and know how to make the icon bar permanent. That is the bar that shows battery, wifi, signal strength etc. Currently battery is always on view but you have to tap the bar to show the 'hidden' icons like signal strength.

i would prefer to have signal strength and data connection speed always shown rather than having to click the bar each time.
    I don't think that's possible, but there are lots of free apps that will show the status of battery, wifi, signal strength etc. on a tile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Nope. Can't be done I'm afraid.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpstart/status-bar-settings/5525d641-59a5-458b-af32-724359aae7a3

(Unless thats changed with the Amber update but if it has, I haven't spotted it on my 920)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, annoying but guess i will have to live with it. Unless anyone knows of a good app. All i want is signal strength and what speed data in connected at (3g, h, E, h+, etc).
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live tiles and lock screen do not work continuously in real time, usually there's 30 minutes period to update the values. So if it's not supported by OS it does not make sense to look elsewhere.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, annoying but guess i will have to live with it. Unless anyone knows of a good app. All i want is signal strength and what speed data in connected at (3g, h, E, h+, etc).

There's lots. Try 'Cellular Live Tile'.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=f33f910b-3e68-4d4f-964e-3cf07f224c08