Sky Sports Winter Cricket Coverage

Comments

• Harfynn TeuportHarfynn Teuport Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    It crossed my mind that you might refer to this speech. A speech where a retiring sportsperson (shock, horror!) thanked his family, friends, fans and mentors. It makes him no better or worse than any other sportsperson. Let his ability stand as testament to that... Not a dreadfully choreographed media circus.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very clever brain washing to make him anything other than a seemingly unaffected person and a very good cricketer! Not seen anything today but did get up early yesterday and every shot of his was commentated on as if it was genius!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He isnt a genios, good on him for playing 200 tests, but personally, i would consider Brian Lara, and Ricky Ponting, as more attractive players, and i miss them more than i do Sachin, did i hear his wife say, it has been traumatic decision or something, hes only retiring from cricket.

Watch the tests, has made me realise, how poor the West Indies side are gonna by even more than thhey are now, when Shiv retires.

Personally i feel Sachin has carried on too long, and should have let others play.

As for the commentary, i would rather have listen to 30 minute slots of commentary, indivudally from Colville, Rob Key, and Dominc Cork, each having 30 minutes. On a red button
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Looks like Ian Ward is in London studio hosting role.

SPI now fully updated.

Days 2,3,3,5:
    11pm Ashes Extra Live - Ward hosting
    11.30pm Live Programme starts (11pm on Day 1)

Every day:
    8am Ashes Breakfast - Brookes
    10am and throughout day until 8pm - 1 hour highlights programme
    9pm Verdict - Colvile

Just a bit more on this. Ian Ward IS in Australia.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also seems like Sky have the T20 world qualifiers and will show the last round of matches.

It's more or less sky sports ashes but slightly more flexible!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    It also seems like Sky have the T20 world qualifiers and will show the last round of matches.

It's more or less sky sports ashes but slightly more flexible!

Your right about the Sky Sports Ashes,

I know there will be International Coverage of the last four days of the ICC World T20 Qualifiers, but do you if Sky Sports Will defiantly telecast here in UK
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the "end of Sachin" stuff ... but then I only started watching when the West Indies only had 2 wickets left in their second innings, so I hadn't had to endure the saturation coverage of his retirement prior to that, otherwise I probably would've had a different opinion. But as it was, I was fine with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did i hear his wife say, it has been traumatic decision or something, hes only retiring from cricket.

Tendulkar played his first test when he was 16, was first selected to play first class cricket when he was 15 and was in the squad although not selected at 14. He's played top level cricket for near enough 26 years, it must be like quitting breathing, if it wasn't traumatic I'd be disappointed.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member

Don't think Michael Holding will commentate in the winter Ashes.
    Bumble said in a tweet that, holding won't be going to Australia.
    Hows this for value, i'll buy you a few drinks in Adelaide, just introduce me to Mr. Holding. Commentary A-team!
    Mikey ain't coming
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashes Highlights now added to Pick from Thursday at 10pm
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    aberboy wrote: »
    Ashes Highlights now added to Pick from Thursday at 10pm

As added by me in another thread 10 minutes ago...
    popeye13 wrote: »
    The Ashes highlights will be on Pick at 10PM each night, a few hours before play begins
  • thelastwordthelastword Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    Don't think Michael Holding will commentate in the winter Ashes.
    Bumble said in a tweet that, holding won't be going to Australia.

Surprised by this, he did the last Ashes tour 2010-11, certainly Strauss is no replacement for Holding.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Surprised by this, he did the last Ashes tour 2010-11, certainly Strauss is no replacement for Holding.

Give me Holding ans his deep bellowing laugh over Strauss and his lack of life any day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Will Sky Sports be Broadcasting the last for days of ICC World T20 Qualifer
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to 3rd man for commentary, I take it that is a substitute for the lack of the demonstration area they had during the summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Camera work has been absolutely shocking so far. We've missed an entire delivery and a potential catch in the first four overs alone.
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MattJP wrote: »
    Camera work has been absolutely shocking so far. We've missed an entire delivery and a potential catch in the first four overs alone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the camera work behind the bowler's arm?

ie:

- Long distance camera out of alignment with stumps - behind the bowler bowling over the wicket.

- Fixed camera on wicket more in alignment but is it still slightly off?

NB. Above apply to both ends.

C9 camera work also different in that it "follows the ball down the pitch" more - ie "moves with the ball"
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the camera work behind the bowler's arm?

ie:

- Long distance camera out of alignment with stumps - behind the bowler bowling over the wicket.

- Fixed camera on wicket more in alignment but is it still slightly off?

NB. Above apply to both ends.

C9 camera work also different in that it "follows the ball down the pitch more" - ie "moves with the ball"

that's because Channel 9 uses the Spider Cam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, thanks - does that mean the "tight" camera on the pitch is actually moving - ie it's not fixed in the stand?

And is it in alignment with stumps or very fractionally on the bowler's arm side?

Long distance camera is massively off straight but I'm not sure re the "tight" one - but I'm a bit suspicious!
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Spider Cam isn't used for covering ball by ball from each end, it's more for feature type shots, and from what has just been shown, the equivalent of the slightly pointless (I think it was called) Star Cam 360 during the Champions Trophy in the summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisr21 wrote: »
    The Spider Cam isn't used for covering ball by ball from each end, it's more for feature type shots, and from what has just been shown, the equivalent of the slightly pointless (I think it was called) Star Cam 360 during the Champions Trophy in the summer.

OK, thanks for that.

I think the tight camera on the pitch is actually in alignment - wasn't sure earlier but now think it is.
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saf7321 wrote: »
    Will Sky Sports be Broadcasting the last for days of ICC World T20 Qualifer

According to the Sky Guide they will be, mostly on Sky Sports 3

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/3

Will be worth tuning in if you have the chance, been a good tournament so far.

In other news Ian Botham will be working for Channel Ten on their coverage of the Big Bash while in Australia
    Just heard another Sir has joined 10's commentary team for the Big Bash. Ian Botham joining Ponting, Richards, Gilchrist, M Waugh and more!!

https://twitter.com/Quartermain10/status/404452420945604608
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    In other news Ian Botham will be working for Channel Ten on their coverage of the Big Bash while in Australia

Very unusual - has he ever commentated on any Twenty20 games, domestic or international, before? The money must be good for him to be doing this gig.