Options

harassment by gossip.......

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    very quickly as i`m on the bus and i don`t want to start crying [:D], i`ll come back later when i`m set home and answer all your lovely, lovely posts, thank you.

brief update:

hour and a half with a super policeman in his crying room [everyone he`d seen had been at it], he was great, put me at medium to high risk, not sure exactly what that entails but he gave me a quick run down, he says if the powers above don`t do something straight away he will go and visit the man next week. his wife [policeman] is a clinical psychologist so that sort of helped.

logged into facebook to a message from my daughter in law to say he`d messaged her, with the prostitute angle, he doesn`t know her from adam and is clearly unaware of who she is to me, i find that amusing.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad they took it seriously, Annette - I hope things improve for you soon. :)
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very quickly as i`m on the bus and i don`t want to start crying [:D], i`ll come back later when i`m set home and answer all your lovely, lovely posts, thank you.

brief update:

hour and a half with a super policeman in his crying room [everyone he`d seen had been at it], he was great, put me at medium to high risk, not sure exactly what that entails but he gave me a quick run down, he says if the powers above don`t do something straight away he will go and visit the man next week. his wife [policeman] is a clinical psychologist so that sort of helped.

logged into facebook to a message from my daughter in law to say he`d messaged her, with the prostitute angle, he doesn`t know her from adam and is clearly unaware of who she is to me, i find that amusing.

Really really happy for you that they took it seriously.
    I would also use all this to help you get moved. I know you will say you feel that is unfair and maybe cheating ( I know cos that is how I felt :D) but it really isnt, and I am so happy in my little bungalow, its like I have been given a new start and my life has got better and better ( a few blips, but meh ) as has my mental health and I take care of me properly now my housing is sorted . x
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad it sounds positive ! really need to take care of yourself now and not worry about it all.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member

He contacted your daughter WTF >:(

I am so sodding angry on your behalf, what the hell does he think he is doing .

You need to call the Police about this latest stunt.

Bloody hell why is this guy so interested in spreading lies about you, is he some kind of crazy person? >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bloody hell why is this guy so interested in spreading lies about you, no offense but is he some kind of crazy person? >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

I think by the post, he thought it was a "freind" didn't know it was the daughter
    ( that's how I read it anyway?) . It will all help her case that the man is a complete and utter bastard and tit to boot.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't add much more than what others have already said, but agree with what they have suggested. No-one should have to put up with this sort of shit, especially for as long as you have. Sometimes i absolutely hate social media :(

Good luck :)

Oh just seen your update...sounds very promising and as for the latest stunt, make sure you report that one too !!! >:( >:(
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a c.u.n.t>:(>:(
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a c.u.n.t>:(>:(

Indeed
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Annette, and pleased to hear that the police took it seriously.

Keeping evidence is all-important, and I'd recommend screen shots too.

If you are really serious about moving, the harassment and the effect it's having on your mental health should give you higher priority. It might be worth speaking to your housing officer abut this if you really do want to move.

Are the police doing something called a DASH assessment? It's a risk assessment tool most police forces use in harassment/hate crime cases these days.

I really hope this evil scrote gets what he deserves. Try and remember that no sensible person would believe him, and stupid people's opinions count for nothing.

We need a "hug" smiley at times like this!
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some neighbours are absolutely vile. I think the op has done the right thing contacting the police, and I hope it works out.

My neighbour is an awful woman. She is not mad, just a vile older lady who is bored. She spends her days making her neighbours lives around her miserable, I think it's the only social interaction she has.

I've only ever contacted the police once in my life, after my neighbour sent her paid thug of a "gardener" around to threaten me and my property.

I hope the police can sort thus bullying and harmful individual out.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffed that the police were so nice and took you seriously annette, that's excellent news. hopefully that'll be at least a small light at the end of the tunnel now :)
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    So sorry that you've had to put up with this and it is good to hear the police are taking it seriously.

just on a note about Facebook posts, it doesn't take 5 minutes for the Police to get Facebook 'to do a forensic' - which shows all deleted posts, posts in secret groups etc, and any posts - deleted, secret or otherwise - can and will be used in a court of law.
    So, if they then delete any abuse, there is no hiding.

And also if someone is using fake IPs, logins etc... They can still be traced in the majority of cases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Good to hear Annette :)
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    So sorry that you've had to put up with this and it is good to hear the police are taking it seriously.

just on a note about Facebook posts, it doesn't take 5 minutes for the Police to get Facebook 'to do a forensic' - which shows all deleted posts, posts in secret groups etc, and any posts - deleted, secret or otherwise - can and will be used in a court of law.

And also if someone is using fake IPs, logins etc... They can still be traced in the majority of cases.

That's only because most of these people are Dumbo's and wouldn't have a clue about covering their tracks properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i stayed at my son`s last night, i can`t be engaging in owt that might provoke tears until i get home. :blush:

thank you all for the support :)
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »

I didn't know that, very interesting.

Annette, onwards and upwards, my girl, no crying over this pathetic sack of shit. He'll cack his pants when the police pay him a call, I'll put money on it. Bullies like him are snivelling cowards under the bravado.
  • Options
    nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one should have to endure that

The person harrassing you sounds dellusional, unhinged and quite frankly dangerous, even more so from the way they unknowingly contacted your daughter

Police need to get off their arse and intervene the guy should be charged and possibly even psychologically assessed because there is surely some sort of personality disorder or fixation going unchecked.
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that, very interesting.

Annette, onwards and upwards, my girl, no crying over this pathetic sack of shit. He'll cack his pants when the police pay him a call, I'll put money on it. Bullies like him are snivelling cowards under the bravado.

Indeed.

I've just found out that my cousin is off sick from work with stress because her bitchy colleagues have treated her in the same way as Annette is being treated - she's had anonymous letters posted to her husband, accusing her of having an affair, text messages sent to her boss spreading lies about her, and people at work are sniggering behind her back, leading her to believe that there are rumors about her 'promiscuity' flying all over the place. It's ruining her life!
    What makes people think they can get away with spreading utter lies about people?! >:(

Anyone caught doing it in the workplace deserves to be sacked for gross misconduct, and anyone harassing someone in their home or online really deserves to be hauled up in front of a magistrate and have the book thrown at them. Plus I think they should be forced to issue a public and written retraction and apology, and be named and shamed as a liar in the local press. See how eager they are to continue their 'righteous crusade' when they can't hide behind their poison pen letters and keyboards! >:(
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that you've got the police on your side, you can use that to your advantage to get a move.
    Along with that, a letter from your doctor stating how this has impacted on your mental health should hopefully give your housing officer a kick up the backside and get you the move that you so deserve.
    And if she/he doesn't listen, you can always go higher. Don't be fobbed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    With harassment, the police have to establish "a course of action" so that is, more than one incident that would be enough to alarm you or cause you to live in fear.

So the first time, even if you have proof of more than one incident (at the time I first went I was upto something over 300 emails from my harasser), they will probably just issue them with a warning. Now it gets interesting when that warning is breached as at that point, you have established "a course of action".
    [snipped].

Thing with these people is, their behaviours are compulsive, so they will inevitably start up again and after only a short interval. So stick with it. You are very well loved on here. People will support you. You can do this. You are a lovely lady - you shouldn't have to live like this.
    that`s what they`re doing i think, the copper i spoke with is going to speak to him [even though it`s not his patch, he`s city] and email me beforehand so i can tell him about the now two messages to my daughter in law too.

that`s such a lovely thing to say, thank you.
    Can you not get your Dr and MHT to help you move?

Good luck with getting those no lifers to understand what they are doing is wrong.
    One thing for village gossips to talk behind your back but to blatantly push it into your face, is so wrong and not even legal, lets hope they find out the hard way.
    if i turn it around for the positive, i`ve had a public say [ok rant] about some of the crap i`ve taken over the decades and shamed and embarrassed someone [even if he doesn`t feel it, others can see it] so much about it that even his own mother liked my post on his wall.
    Give me his address Annette and I'll go kick his head in......

[more snips]

I feel for you because its bloody exhausting isn't it?
    it`s extremely wearing and i`m now starting to see what a strong person i am.

some of the things i`ve been reported for:

sitting in my front garden [i was actually painting on a big canvas]
    working as a window cleaner when someone left ladders behind my house[ i can`t even stand on a chair]
    rspca several times - starving dog, when they visited and saw my happy, healthy retriever they ask to see the other dog
    cat locked in shed with it`s kittens - shed do been wide open for months, cat sterilised four years before.......etc, etc
    dole office for prostitution - that one got me extra benefits that i hadn`t known about when the investigator came out and saw what shit that was, also she got me grants for stuff and took me shopping too, i will never forget her kindness
    poison pens to various employers and the neighbouring businesses
    countless hassle with social services who have to come out every time.
    the petition one neighbour went round with when i first moved house in the village [not many signed, and a couple told her to eff off by accounts]

and so on.
    eluf38 wrote: »
    I hope you get this sorted Annette - I'd be furious if I knew someone was spreading malicious rumors about me.

Have you reported this man to FB? Also, have you considered speaking to Victim Support? I know people who have used them, and found them very helpful.
    i havn`t reported him to f/b because it`s a villager and there are quite a few mutual friends and friends of friends, etc, if it were not real life and just online i would.

Bloody hell why is this guy so interested in spreading lies about you, is he some kind of crazy person? >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
    [in law] i know, and he did again after that, bizarre.
    LakieLady wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Annette, and pleased to hear that the police took it seriously.

Keeping evidence is all-important, and I'd recommend screen shots too.

If you are really serious about moving, the harassment and the effect it's having on your mental health should give you higher priority. It might be worth speaking to your housing officer abut this if you really do want to move.

Are the police doing something called a DASH assessment? It's a risk assessment tool most police forces use in harassment/hate crime cases these days.
    [more snippery]
    just spent a couple of hours on those and then hidden all i can from public view on farcebook.

that`s one of the positives, it will aid my transfer status [as well as causing it] i`m going to select very carefully where i go and get a place i like not a panic move. i`ve been reading and it might make me a band b bidder so that`s good.

they assessed the risk at medium to high.
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Indeed.

I've just found out that my cousin is off sick from work with stress because her bitchy colleagues have treated her in the same way as Annette is being treated - she's had anonymous letters posted to her husband, accusing her of having an affair, text messages sent to her boss spreading lies about her, and people at work are sniggering behind her back, leading her to believe that there are rumors about her 'promiscuity' flying all over the place. It's ruining her life!
    What makes people think they can get away with spreading utter lies about people?! >:(

Anyone caught doing it in the workplace deserves to be sacked for gross misconduct, and anyone harassing someone in their home or online really deserves to be hauled up in front of a magistrate and have the book thrown at them. Plus I think they should be forced to issue a public and written retraction and apology, and be named and shamed as a liar in the local press. See how eager they are to continue their 'righteous crusade' when they can't hide behind their poison pen letters and keyboards! >:(
    poor woman, it`s soul destroying and to have to put up with it at work is beyond dreadful, at least i can [and do] isolate myself and you know that what you`ve actually heard is the tip of the iceberg compared to what`s been said and spread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the worst of it is that my kids had to grow up in it too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the worst of it is that my kids had to grow up in it too.

Sad man with no life.

Take it as far as you can with the police and then name and shame the bast**d in your local paper
  • Options
    ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remove yourself from all social networking sites - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc

A small unhinged miniority can cause people so much trouble. Nearly every episode of Jermey Kyle I've seen centres around a Facebook comment. Honestly, maybe switch off the Internet or sell your laptop or computer and live a simpler and happier life.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any advice just wanted to say I hope things get better for you. It must be bloody awful having to endure this.

I hope the police put a stop to it and people see the idiot for what he truly is. A vile bully.