Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roman Reigns wins. :)
  • Options
    Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Has JBL (Bradshaw) been in the ring with Brock Lesnar before.

At a house show in 2002 Bradshaw beat Brock but I don't think they ever had a match on tv or ppv
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of booking the IC champ to lose in non title matches. It doesn't exactly help the image of the title.

I would have booked Reigns to beat someone else instead.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a good Smackdown.

Poor Paige though. :(:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just forgot about it.

Shame it could have benefited both he and Big E with a change of direction.

I can see why I don't watch Smackdown. It wasnt that great.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That show tailed off something shocking in the second hour. There was easily 30 minutes of recap from Raw.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's actually happened to this new Kofi/Big E set up BTW. It seems to have vanished.

Been dumped
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Jeez, even in the ice bucket challenge, HHH gets his trademark in.

Triple H takes the "Ice Bucket Challenge": http://youtu.be/cHXaXBAh3m4
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    Statement regarding Hulk Hogan and this video from Warrior's wife:

"I’ve been really quiet since the passing of my husband and the father of my girls. Someone sent me what Mr Bollea had to say in video interview with Grantland yesterday and I would just like to ask him to stop.

He is the only person in the WWE Universe who did not give a call or send a card. My girls asked why he didn’t check on us like everyone else and I explained simply there isn’t a camera at our mailbox or in the house when we receive our calls.

I would ask respectfully Mr Bollea, for you to understand my girls hurt and just let some time pass before you say anything more.

Dana A Warrior"
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RVD v Cesaro is a kick off match

Too late for the comp though :(
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Vince McMahon takes part in the "Ice Bucket Chall…: http://youtu.be/XMg3Na1Rl80
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to Summerslam. Only two matches that I am really not bothered about, Swagger/Rusev and Bella/McMahon but the rest of the card is awesome.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Vince, Donald Trump would be great to see. And Maria Menounos as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Donald Trump is a vile human being. Ice water over his head is being way to kind to him
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, was it always the plan to have Hogan win the title at Wrestlemania 9 or was it a last minute decision?

His 5th title reign must go down as one of the most pointless ever. He did not appear on TV at all in the 2 month period he was champion before he lost to Yokozuna.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    So with Summerslam tonight, let's try something we don't usually do (in my memory anyway lol). Of the matches announced, rank which you are most interested in down to least. Add reasons if you so wish. This is my list:

• Rollins vs Ambrose
    • Orton vs Reigns
    • McMahon vs Bella
    • Cena vs Brock
    • Ziggler vs Miz
    • AJ vs Paige
    • Swagger vs Rusev
    • Jericho vs Wyatt (only reason it's not bottom is due to the pointless Pre-Show match)
    • Van Dam vs Cesaro

Disappointed there is no Usos as their last two PPV matches have been quite good, and of course it means the Tag Titles aren't to be defended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just wondering, was it always the plan to have Hogan win the title at Wrestlemania 9 or was it a last minute decision?

His 5th title reign must go down as one of the most pointless ever. He did not appear on TV at all in the 2 month period he was champion before he lost to Yokozuna.

I always had it down to Hogans massive ego back then and wanting to be involved in the main event at WM. I guess him being the main event at the previous 8 WM's was not enough for him.

I bet Bret Hart was fuming inside, can't blame him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is my list ;

Cena vs Brock - I think there is real tension between them both. Cena hates Lesnar's attitude towards the business while Lesnar is pissed at Cena not selling the beating after Extreme Rules

Rollins vs Ambrose - Will be a great match, both very good wrestlers. Could be a match of the year contender.

Ziggler vs Miz - Ziggler always puts a show on and I think The Miz is actually a good worker now.

Orton vs Reigns - The build up to this has not done not much for me, getting a little bored of Reigns which has surprised me.

AJ vs Paige - A very solid Divas match

Swagger vs Rusev - Flag match...meh

Jericho vs Wyatt - For me they need to do something with Wyatt, I loved him and his promos at first but now find myself fast forwarding them all.

Van Dam vs Cesaro - Same for Cesaro, it is criminal what they are doing to him. He needs direction and quickly.

McMahon vs Bella - No interest at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    I always had it down to Hogans massive ego back then and wanting to be involved in the main event at WM. I guess him being the main event at the previous 8 WM's was not enough for him.

I bet Bret Hart was fuming inside, can't blame him.

I would have had Bret beat Hogan at KOTR, then hold the title until Survivor Series where he would lose to Yokozuna.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have had Bret beat Hogan at KOTR, then hold the title until Survivor Series where he would lose to Yokozuna.

That was part of the problem.

Hogan had some control of his storyline's due to Vince being desperate to have Hogan back in WWE. Hogan did not want to drop the title to a face (or Hart) so lost it to Yoko
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    That was part of the problem.

Hogan had some control of his storyline's due to Vince being desperate to have Hogan back in WWE. Hogan did not want to drop the title to a face (or Hart) so lost it to Yoko

They could have had a storyline reason to strip Hogan of the title (such as his title win was not an officially sanctioned match). The KOTR tourmament would then have been for the title instead. Hogan v Yokozuna would have been a KOTR tournament match ending in a double DQ.

Hogan's ego would have been satisfied by his Mania win and he wouldn't have to drop the title to a face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have had a storyline reason to strip Hogan of the title (such as his title win was not an officially sanctioned match). The KOTR tourmament would then have been for the title instead.

Hogan would never have agreed to that. Plus if Hart had won it people would have wanted Hart vs Hogan since Hogan was stripped of the title and if Yoko won it then it would have been Hogan Vs Yoko, They came up with the best storyline they could have considering all the players involved and one of them having creative control
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Hogan would never have agreed to that. Plus if Hart had won it people would have wanted Hart vs Hogan since Hogan was stripped of the title and if Yoko won it then it would have been Hogan Vs Yoko, They came up with the best storyline they could have considering all the players involved and one of them having creative control

They could at least have had Hogan make a couple of appearances on Raw whilst he was champion instead of him disappearing from TV for a 2 month period after he won the title.

It's a shame Hogan wasn't willing to drop the title to Hart as that would have been a great moment symbolising the end of the old era and the beginning of a new one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could at least have had Hogan make a couple of appearances on Raw whilst he was champion instead of him disappearing from TV for a 2 month period after he won the title.

How do you make someone appear when they have control?
This discussion has been closed.