Options

The Rovers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
Forum Member
So, the truth is out and the scene has been set for Stella to start thinking about selling the Rovers. If Steve buys it, should Liz take over as Landlady on her return or would it make for more interesting viewing if she had to play second fiddle to Michelle? She is getting a bit sick of things at the factory with Peter joining the workforce after all.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petro wrote: »
    So, the truth is out and the scene has been set for Stella to start thinking about selling the Rovers. If Steve buys it, should Liz take over as Landlady on her return or would it make for more interesting viewing if she had to play second fiddle to Michelle? She is getting a bit sick of things at the factory with Peter joining the workforce after all.
    What do you think?

SPOILERS'

Steve Does by it and LIZ does run it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Bobby, but I know the spoiler. Just wondered if everyone though it was going to be as plain sailing as that. Michelle's not going to last much longer at the factory I don't think.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    SPOILERS'
    Steve Does by it and LIZ does run it

You are supposed to put spoilers in tags ;)
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are supposed to put spoilers in tags ;)

you just cant get the staff, these days !
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The name above the door will be...
    Michelle Connor and Steve McDonald, I think it will be like Fred Elliott's days, where Fred was landlord, and Shelley was the manager. Except with Steve and Michelle as landlord and lady and Liz as manager
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Steve will never be licensee or the legal 'landlord'. It is against the law for him to be.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Steve will never be licensee or the legal 'landlord'. It is against the law for him to be.

Why is that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Why is that?

Because he is an ex con
    That's why liz was licence the last time he owned it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His name is above the door though
    http://i.imgur.com/D7vIwSx.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    His name is above the door though
    http://i.imgur.com/D7vIwSx.png

When was that above the door and when was the picture taken. But it is still fact that he would never be given a license in the real world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was that above the door and when was the picture taken. But it is still fact that he would never be given a license in the real world.

A few weeks ago
  • Options
    Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be nice to see
    Liz back behind the bar
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

Why?Where are you getting this info from? An unspent conviction would lead to a refusal of a license but not a spent one
    A criminal record is not an automatic bar to a license but offences which are related to the sale of alcohol (previous licencing offences, tax & VAT offences, etc) would, almost certainly, result in a refusal. Offences of violence will will be closely looked at, bearing in mind a licencees relationship with the public. In the case of an affray, they would consider your age at the time of the offence, the amount of time which has elapsed since the conviction and your general standing in the community.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how that ended up being true despite them denying it at the time, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing Michelle as landlady. It's about time she was involved in some good stroylines
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    There was a whole,story about it last time, that's why Liz's name went above the door