How can Carol Vorderman live with herself?

SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That Christmas ad she's in, for Pete's sake!

She does a good job with mental maths however.

Comments

• welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    What does she do in the advert?
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy smiles at the camera and so on. To be honest I'm not sure if my issue is with her personally or the ad itself, maybe I'd feel the same if Simon Cowell* was in it instead.

*Or any other celebrity.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely asking how a person can live with themselves is implying they've done something rather awful. How is appearing in a few adverts and likely getting paid a handsome sum so awful ?
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the ad I saw was pretty awful. However I take your point. She has helped thousands with their maths which makes up for the ad I keep seeing, I guess..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the nature of her type of celebrity I suppose. That's "work" to her so she's not going to turn down a paid job.

I believe she's also largely responsible for introducing Sudoku to the public as well ..
  • jules4stujules4stu Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    i thought this thread would relate to her work with ocean finance; where the maths genius sought to exploit the poor by teasing them into loans where they were mathmatically unable to ever repay the intial outlay. disappointing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah yes, the "exploit the vulnerable" chestnut .. :yawn:
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Jack The Ripper, Carol Vorderman. Oh, a TV personality looked at a camera, smiled and sold something? Well, death to that bitch who follows in the footsteps of virtually every presenter before her.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time OP. I may be on my own, but for me 'TV personality smiles at camera in advert' isn't really justifiable cause for that person to reconsider their existence.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    The evil bitch, taking a job and getting paid for it, who does she think she is? I mean I totally agree OP, nobody ever in the history of the world has ever accepted a paid job have they? Absolutely shocking behaviour, she should hang her head in shame.

😉😐 (Disclaimer: This post is 100% sarcastic and is in no way my actual view)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because there is literally no-one else she'd rather be with.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really won't ever understand the extremism of the Carol Voderman hate on DS. The only thing I've found offensive that she done are those vile loan ads and even then she's far from the only celeb who has ever promoted something questionable.
  • Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Every time that advert comes on I switch channels. She comes across as very smug and self satisfied. I think people who don't have her kind of money would find the prospect of Christmas depressing and her sanctimonious smile will not help one bit.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her
  • Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    gv6l wrote: »
    I like her

You must be male ;)
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a smug ad, but to be fair I'd bare my bum on John Lewis' next christmas ad for ten grand so I can absolutely understand her motivation ;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time that advert comes on I switch channels. She comes across as very smug and self satisfied. I think people who don't have her kind of money would find the prospect of Christmas depressing and her sanctimonious smile will not help one bit.

Surely you could say the same about the majority of Christmas ads that sell a contrived dream?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be male ;)

Well since girls aren't apprently allowed to like her then ;)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish some would give more information if they're going to criticise a celebrity for doing something. I still have no idea what she's done in the advert in question.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to miss this shockingly offensive advert somehow. What is she advertising?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her, she does a lot for the Cleft Lip And Palate Association as her brother Anton was born with a cleft. As long as she's in the public eye then the charity benefits.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Managed to miss this shockingly offensive advert somehow. What is she advertising?

I don't think I've seen it yet either. Although, when I do, I doubt my first thought will be "Good God, how can she live with herself?!"
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible woman - but at least she's not trying to sell us "over 50s" policies like Julie Walters, Michael Parkinson, June Whitfield etc or "Where there's a blame" ads like Andrew Castle, Bill Murray etc
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Horrible woman - but at least she's not trying to sell us "over 50s" policies like Julie Walters, Michael Parkinson, June Whitfield etc or "Where there's a blame" ads like Andrew Castle, Bill Murray etc

Bill Murray? Really? When was this?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Bill Murray? Really? When was this?

Think he means Billy Murray ;)
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wonder what her daughters make of it. if it were me i'd be like for gods sake mother..put your tits away!