new channels on freeview next year

RaymondthebestRaymondthebest Posts: 67
Forum Member
New channels on freeview next year local tv in some areas and 5 later and bbc one +1 i think that it at the moment

Comments

• Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Possibly More 4 HD, E4 HD, & Film 4 HD

Less likely ITV2HD, ITV3HD & ITV4HD

VERY LITTLE CHANCE OF Channel 5 HD, 5USA HD & 5*HD
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4seven HD is also likely!
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Can see either Capital TV or Heart TV launching on the Local TV mux.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4+1 HD and 4Seven HD are coming in 2014.

E4 HD, More 4 HD and Film 4 HD will not be. They are in contract with Sky and I highly doubt they will be going FTA anytime soon. Channel 4 are committed to putting HD channels on Freeview to help drive HD take-up, hence why they are creating HD versions of their +1 and catchup channels. They can't put their existing ones up due to being in contract to be pay channels.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    How many more HD channel spaces are available on the new COM7 mux?
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    How many more HD channel spaces are available on the new COM7 mux?

2 x 24 hour streams I would guess, given that PSB3 has 5 channels. I suppose they might get a 6th by reducing the resolution. Arqiva has form in this area.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current Freeview advert states there are more new HD channels to come, so should be interesting to see what they are. The deals must be done if they can state that in an advert and it is not misleading...
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    The current Freeview advert states there are more new HD channels to come, so should be interesting to see what they are. The deals must be done if they can state that in an advert and it is not misleading...
    I imagine it was simply referring to the addition of BBC3- HD and CBBC-HD that is now available for everyone, and the other new HD channels to come from COM7, which are being phased in at certain sites.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    I imagine it was simply referring to the addition of BBC3- HD and CBBC-HD that is now available for everyone, and the other new HD channels to come from COM7, which are being phased in at certain sites.

Plus the COM8 HD channels - there will be a further 7 new HD channels by this time next year (assuming all the slots get sold).
  • marria01marria01 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    Can see either Capital TV or Heart TV launching on the Local TV mux.

Based on?????
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the COM8 HD channels - there will be a further 7 new HD channels by this time next year (assuming all the slots get sold).
    I don't think we can really assume anything as there's no guarantee the slots will be taken. The capacity will be there but not necessarily anything broadcasting.

We still don't even know about CH4's plans for a couple of HD channels on Com7 yet.