Options

Alfie Moon. Less popular than David Cameron?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair most people despise her! Boris Johnson is fab I think. I love him and his eccentric honesty

Boris is hilarious :D I've seen him riding his bike through London on a couple of occasions now, actually.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Exactly! I think she is only doing it to be controversial and to get a reaction out of people.

Besides who in their right minds would listen to her otherwise? ;-)[/QUOTE]

Daily Mail and Express readers with an unjustified sense of superiority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Boris is hilarious :D I've seen him riding his bike through London on a couple of occasions now, actually.

The whole "Boris is a ledge!" attitude has got that out of touch tosser elected twice as Mayor.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Exactly! I think she is only doing it to be controversial and to get a reaction out of people.

Besides who in their right minds would listen to her otherwise? ;-)
    Media has got to her, and she's now saying things just to get a reaction. Don't get me started on that pathetic video of her spinning a wheel to pick out which celebrity she should insult...

But her appearance on the Big Benefits Row made me remember that I do still have respect for her and some of the stuff she says. She's at her best when she actually means what she says rather than digging for every insult under the sun.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Boris fan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Shame he is acting logically and how all normal people would if a murderer or a child snatcher turned up in their area, yet people consider him the villain and wrong.
    Ridiculous!

Thoroughly agree!

People's hatred on here of Alfie (and Fatboy) is ludicrous and based on what, exactly? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Media has got to her, and she's now saying things just to get a reaction. Don't get me started on that pathetic video of her spinning a wheel to pick out which celebrity she should insult...

But her appearance on the Big Benefits Row made me remember that I do still have respect for her and some of the stuff she says. She's at her best when she actually means what she says rather than digging for every insult under the sun.

She wouldn't care if life got worse for those on benefits, only a tiny fraction of claimants are cheating the system but that doesn't matter to her. To her they deserve it because she's heartless and if it helps turn the population against the poorest and most vulnerable in society then so be it as far as she's concerned.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    The whole "Boris is a ledge!" attitude has got that out of touch tosser elected twice as Mayor.

He's done alot better for London than Livingston ever did!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wouldn't care if life got worse for those on benefits, only a tiny fraction of claimants are cheating the system but that doesn't matter to her. To her they deserve it because she's heartless and if it helps turn the population against the poorest and most vulnerable in society then so be it as far as she's concerned.

I agree. She doesn't give a **** about anything that's not affecting her. I feel as though George Osborne is just as bas TBH. He hasn't done a thing to help those on benefits. He has in fact made it harder for them.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie is annoying. Rather Cameron than Miliband for me though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm honest I've become disenchanted with each of the main parties recently (UKIP don't count because I can't take them seriously at all). But for me the Conservative Prats are still the worst.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. She doesn't give a **** about anything that's not affecting her. I feel as though George Osborne is just as bas TBH. He hasn't done a thing to help those on benefits. He has in fact made it harder for them.

To play devil's advocate the money isn't there. I'm all for welfare state but the system had to be tightened. It's the same over here. Means testing imo is the fairest way

In eastenders why is noone ever claiming benefits actually?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. It pisses me off when her defenders say that "she only wants what's best for this country and for people to fulfil their potential". Bullshit, does she really strike you as the sort of person who is happy for other people when they succeed? It's all about kicking people while they are down, talking down to the proles while her and her posh mates laugh all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm honest I've become disenchanted with each of the main parties recently (UKIP don't count because I can't take them seriously at all). But for me the Conservative Prats are still the worst.

UKIP is for people who like their populism, xenophobia and racism given to them by more "respectable" people than the BNP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To play devil's advocate the money isn't there. I'm all for welfare state but the system had to be tightened. It's the same over here. Means testing imo is the fairest way

In eastenders why is noone ever claiming benefits actually?

Fair enough.

Good point about EE though...nobody ever does! :o
    Exactly. It pisses me off when her defenders say that "she only wants what's best for this country and for people to fulfil their potential". Bullshit, does she really strike you as the sort of person who is happy for other people when they succeed? It's all about kicking people while they are down, talking down to the proles while her and her posh mates laugh all the way to the bank.

I can't ever see her being happy for anyone, really. Not even her friends, if they are indeed her friends. People like her will put on a smile and say "I'm so happy for you" while thinking something completely different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    UKIP is for people who like their populism, xenophobia and racism given to them by more "respectable" people than the BNP.

Did u see the polish thread in Gd? Eek. Frightening how xenophobia can be a matter of opinion according to some on there!
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like the character at all but nothing will top my hatred for the Tories. Ever.

LOL!:D

I think the thing is that Alfie/Shane (lets not kid ourselves here- a lot on DS dislike Shane too) is generally unpopular/disliked on DS. But Im not sure its the same out there in the wider world.

Kat & Alfie have an iconic history on EE, whether you like them or not. I think in recent years Alfie's character has changed, become less sympathetic (but not half as badly as Kat's!) Therefore the "original" Alfie, that captured the public in 2002 has largely gone, but maybe the larger public have adapted to his changes??

I am pleased to see that Kat & Alfie still have some life left in them as characters- under DTC theyve been moved aaway from the pub & the endlesss rounds of affairs & it has given them more scope for stories outside of the treadmill they were on.

I think one of the big changes that will happen with these 2 characters is that they are no longer "young" they, as well as Carol/Ian etc are now the "middle aged" characters of EE, no longer the main young romantic couple. To think back when I started watching EE Den, Angie, Pat etc were the age kat & Alfie are now... thats spooky!!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did u see the polish thread in Gd? Eek. Frightening how xenophobia can be a matter of opinion according to some on there!

I've seen that thread, but TBH nothing on GD shocks me anymore.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread about Bullingdon Boy and his Eton chums on the Politics forum today. And he is frequently mentioned on the General forum as well.

The short answer is Alfie is just a fictional Pearly Prat but Cameron is very dangerous indeed. And the more him and his rich cronies demonise the most vunerable in our society the more I detest the slimey little shit. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's GD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's GD?

General discussion forum. Although it should be renamed gladiator
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I absolutely love it. :p

The 'Does God exist?' thread is a total cracker! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread about Bullingdon Boy and his Eton chums on the Politics forum today. And he is frequently mentioned on the General forum as well.

The short answer is Alfie is just a fictional Pearly Prat but Cameron is very dangerous indeed. And the more him and his rich cronies demonise the most vunerable in our society the more I detest the slimey little shit. >:(

Cameron demonises anything he personally disagrees with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it. :p

The 'Does God exist?' thread is a total cracker! :D:D:D

The muslim invasion one was a humdinger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I call it "General Drivel" but I do spend a lot of time getting a headache on there for some reason (one thread massively pissed me off earlier).
This discussion has been closed.