ED: Would anyone care if Laurel and Marlon were killed off?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
Forum Member
✭✭
Both of them are the most annoying pair in the world. Marlon constantly scouring and being negative in every scene he is in is enough for me. Laurel is just so spineless and acts far too older than what she actually is. If both of these characters died in a car crash or something it wouldn't bother me.

Comments

• lovinglifelovinglife Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    Both of them are the most annoying pair in the world. Marlon constantly scouring and being negative in every scene he is in is enough for me. Laurel is just so spineless and acts far too older than what she actually is. If both of these characters died in a car crash or something it wouldn't bother me.

Why aren't you the exec?! I could finally enjoy Emmerdale again without Maurel!
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such an ill-matched pair that I would welcome a car/plane/train crash involving them.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes of course lots of people would care if Marlon was killed off.

You can do what you like with Laurel though.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I'd be thrilled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    such a bad idea getting those two together ,,,,, this recent storyline has killed them both off anyway no one can stand the pair of them anymore .
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be over the moon. Hated them from day one.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be glad to see the back of the pair of them.

Never liked the deeply annoying Marlon. And Laurel was ruined as a character as soon as she was paired up with him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »

They're not going to kill off one of their few BAFTA winners.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell to the actual no
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm eagerly awaiting SULLA's response. :eek:

I'd relish gruesome deaths for this pair. Preferably involving chainsaws, rat poison and a heavy dose of mutilation.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Marlon can be killed off in brutal, bloody, barbaric fashion. However, Laurel is one of soap's sexiest women and should be treated with due reverence.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Marlon can be killed off in brutal, bloody, barbaric fashion. However, Laurel is one of soap's sexiest women and should be treated with due reverence.

Get her away from that moronic imbecile or she's in grave danger of guilt by association mo
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Get her away from that moronic imbecile or she's in grave danger of guilt by association mo

You're not wrong, Sorch. A refined woman of exquisite taste with a latent sex appeal that matures like a fine wine. I can imagine reciting some French poetry to her as we lay on a golden, sun kissed haystack on a warm, lazy summer's day. Beaudelaire, I think.

Oh Laurel, ma cherie, tu est tres joli big time and no mistake.

She badly needs to be separated from that annoying fool.
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually been enjoying Laurel's scenes with Ashley lately. I wouldn't mind her staying if she got back together with him. Marlon is better as a comedy character making quips and getting up to mischief with Paddy.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Marlon could drown in his own blubbering tears.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Laurel, but if Marlon died I'd be so happy - I wish that Cameron had killed him in the Siege!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only would I not miss them I would welcome their bloodcurdling brutal end.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    You're not wrong, Sorch. A refined woman of exquisite taste with a latent sex appeal that matures like a fine wine. I can imagine reciting some French poetry to her as we lay on a golden, sun kissed haystack on a warm, lazy summer's day. Beaudelaire, I think.

Oh Laurel, ma cherie, tu est tres joli big time and no mistake.

She badly needs to be separated from that annoying fool.

Wow a french speaking hard man. **swoons**
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too right.

Loved Brenda's description, "she came in here with a face like a twisted turnip." Her usual face then
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon - keep
    Laurel - get rid. - but she is tolerable

If the producers of any soap did exactly what we wanted, i.e. split Laurel & Marlon up, get rid of the Spencers etc, then the soap will become too predictable and we would know what is going to happen - too boring.

Does anyone know if the wedding goes ahead or does Ashley or Doug stop it?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would actually miss Marlon.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would actually miss Marlon.

Don't worry there'd still be plenty of pigs around on the farm providing the ham to make up for his loss! :D
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course I would care if they got killed off unexpectedly. How would I plan a celebration and send the other half out for copious amounts of Bucks Fizz and Carlsberg in time?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Do t worry there'd still be plenty of pigs around on the farm to make up for his loss! :D

:D:D:D
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,676
    Forum Member

Pretty much this. Although:

- a few years ago Laurel was one of my favourite characters. I remember being outraged that Charlotte didn't win an award for her portrayal of Laurel at the time of baby Daniel's death.
    - if Marlon keeps being as self-centred as he has been about Donna's illness and death, I could go right off him, too. One of the reasons I've always liked Marlon is his generosity of spirit, but he's being a selfish idiot of late.