Under The Dome S3 (UK pace)

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She took the pills before getting in the bath, not sure what they were though.
    I think the question was more about how anyone had more than a thimbleful of water to fart bubbles in, never mind an entire bath - I can't remember what miracle might have been pulled to get the water supply fixed unless everyone has their own rain collection setup...
    I keep saying to myself I'm not going watch this nonsense any more, but then by the following week, I weaken.
    Take comfort in the knowledge that you are not the only pathetically weak person here :D:p:blush:
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the question was more about how anyone had more than a thimbleful of water to fart bubbles in, never mind an entire bath - I can't remember what miracle might have been pulled to get the water supply fixed unless everyone has their own rain collection setup...:
    that is the one
  • blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I want a musical baseball bat like Barbie's; y'know, one that makes dramatic orchestral chords when you hit stuff.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, after 2 and a bit seasons, I've had enough - I didn't make it to the end of this week's episode.
    I just don't care what happens with any of them now. The whole thing has been strung out far too long, without the scriptwriting flair to make it watchable.

Series record turned off, on to other things....

To those of you still enjoying it, I hope you continue to do so.

Bye.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Demand 5 keep cutting the episodes off before the end? I thought the other week it was to save me from having to see yukky stuff going on between Christine and Junior, but it doesn't seem as though anything like that happened at the end of this one. (I've read episode synopses.)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    I'm not even trying to follow the plot of this nonsense now but as there's nothing else on that I want to see at 10.00 on a Monday night and I sort of want to know who gets bumped off and whether anyone actually escapes, it was on last night...

I found myself mesmerised by Christine's strange duck-like mouth - what the hell has the actress done to herself? I didn't recognise her as I know some of you do from CSI but I googled and see she was a good looking woman a few years ago. Bloody hell, that's one strange top lip she's got now, or should I say top lips as there appear to be separate bits left and right. Why do people let their faces be butchered like this?
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,780
    Forum Member
    catsitter wrote: »
    Why does Demand 5 keep cutting the episodes off before the end? I thought the other week it was to save me from having to see yukky stuff going on between Christine and Junior, but it doesn't seem as though anything like that happened at the end of this one. (I've read episode synopses.)

The version I watched from Skys Demand 5 was fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »
    The version I watched from Skys Demand 5 was fine.

I was watching it on my Samsung tv via its app.

In this episode, I loved Big Jim's claim that "dogs are good judges of character." That dog likes him! Which makes it a terrible judge.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This kinship thing is starting to bore me. I can't wait for this whole Christine thing to just go away.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    I was watching it on my Samsung tv via its app.

In this episode, I loved Big Jim's claim that "dogs are good judges of character." That dog likes him! Which makes it a terrible judge.

I think the dog is an alien and that's why it like Big Jim.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    This kinship thing is starting to bore me. I can't wait for this whole Christine thing to just go away.

I think it is supposed to bore you, so that you will side with Julia and even Big Jim! However, I don't expect it will go away until towards the end of the series.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kinship thing seems to be escalating fairly quickly, so I don't think it will go on much longer. I don't mind it. It's a bit of a switch from what the Dome seemed to be doing with the mini-dome and the Four Hands, but whatever. In a few more episodes none of it will matter, just as nobody cares now that Julia was declared the Monarch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    ... nobody cares now that Julia was declared the Monarch.
    Wait, she was what??? :eek: :p

True enough mind - but really this is because the Dome is a fickle creature and we dare not know its true thoughts and purpose and it does not have to explain itself to us (etc)...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did have a brief uncertainty with the forward/backward bit until I realised the times weren't just to emphasise "silly o'clock" or "later that day".

So, is Barbie actually coming to his senses for short periods or is he just having momentary lapses brought on by lust and/or guilt? That key! So obviously going to disappear when he put it on that stool, why else show it being put there?
    And the bit where he walks away from the scene outside - nothing matters any more, the world is gone, and surely now no reason to resist being fully assimilated...?

And for the other 'saw it coming', Sam and Junior going into the pit and Junior effectively making Sam go first - always so much easier to stab someone in the back if they are leading the way even if at first I thought the pit was going to sprout teeth and eat him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by what Junior was saying to Sam (and what Eva said to Barbie) about the meteors, it seems that aliens from a planet which was destroyed by a meteor shower, have managed to transport their consciousness across the galaxy to Chester's Mill, along with a dome to protect them from meteors, so they can have new lives in the humans' bodies.

But isn't it an amazing coincidence that Earth (or Chester's Mill, at least) should be hit by a similarly destructive meteor shower just after the dome "went up"? Also, why couldn't they have just erected the dome on their own planet to protect them from the meteors in the first place? Surely they didn't manage to develop the dome technology after their planet was destroyed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    The meteorite apocalypse going on outside the dome has to be fake; it has changed what can be seen through it before, so it is quite feasible it is generating a false view of what is happening outside to bring those left inside closer together. The message getting through to the computer from the outside certainly adds to that fake visual image through the dome.

Given that since the destruction of the egg, it has limited energy remaining (those cocoon things in the cave dying out) and seems to be burning quite a lot of what it has left in healing Christine, it is probably pretty desperate. I'd have thought it would make more sense to transfer leadership of the kinship to Junior, and let Christine die "for the greater good", which the kinship would automatically accept after Junior explained that one of their known enemies (Joe, Big Jim, whoever) had killed her.

I think this will be the last series of it. I can't see where it can go after this is resolved. I'm enjoying it though, loving it, but there's no scenario where they could add another new twist without going off the scale of ridiculousness,
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amusing the way Big Jim is now almost coming across as a hero now Barbie has joined the dark side
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    The meteorite apocalypse going on outside the dome has to be fake; it has changed what can be seen through it before, so it is quite feasible it is generating a false view of what is happening outside to bring those left inside closer together. The message getting through to the computer from the outside certainly adds to that fake visual image through the dome.

I think you must be right.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,052
    Forum Member
    I think it's fake too, designed to break Barbies spirit and maybe a few of the remaining doubters.

Good episode though.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    It's amusing the way Big Jim is now almost coming across as a hero now Barbie has joined the dark side

I've been rooting for him since the beginning.

I suspect the meteorites are fake too, but I hope they aren't. I really hate shows that do the whole illusion/dream/simulation plot.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »

Given that since the destruction of the egg, it has limited energy remaining (those cocoon things in the cave dying out) and seems to be burning quite a lot of what it has left in healing Christine, it is probably pretty desperate. I'd have thought it would make more sense to transfer leadership of the kinship to Junior, and let Christine die "for the greater good", which the kinship would automatically accept after Junior explained that one of their known enemies (Joe, Big Jim, whoever) had killed her.

I think this will be the last series of it. I can't see where it can go after this is resolved. I'm enjoying it though, loving it, but there's no scenario where they could add another new twist without going off the scale of ridiculousness,

I think you're right based on the opening sequence of the residents of the town jumping from the window, only for them to stop once the shower began. I'm certain at that point that somebody said something along the lines of 'they need something to believe in' and the shower is just that; it gives them hope (somehow).

Also it's pretty much been confirmed by the writers as a five season story; that doesn't mean it will get five seasons but that is what they envisage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody thinks the meteor shower is for real? I had wondered if there had been something but localised, especially since that radio message appeared on screen - but before that it struck me that the destruction of the rest of the planet did seem to be a bit extreme. It's a bit tricky to pull a story back from that sort of thing.
    I had been trying to figure out how that scene with the people outside could work since I thought there was a huge moat now that the dome had shrunk?

Presumably before they all head out with the guns - what with being all out of bubblegum :p - Hunter will set up shop as 'control' and they all take a radio and he sees that a call came in and they realise that the outside isn't a big pile of ash.

So if everyone inside saw the wall of flame, did everyone outside see something equivalent?

Halfway through series three and we're finally getting the hang of it?
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody thinks the meteor shower is for real? I had wondered if there had been something but localised, especially since that radio message appeared on screen - but before that it struck me that the destruction of the rest of the planet did seem to be a bit extreme. It's a bit tricky to pull a story back from that sort of thing.
    I had been trying to figure out how that scene with the people outside could work since I thought there was a huge moat now that the dome had shrunk?

Presumably before they all head out with the guns - what with being all out of bubblegum :p - Hunter will set up shop as 'control' and they all take a radio and he sees that a call came in and they realise that the outside isn't a big pile of ash.

So if everyone inside saw the wall of flame, did everyone outside see something equivalent?

Halfway through series three and we're finally getting the hang of it?

There was no ditch...it wanted people up close for Barbie to look right into their eyes and realize he can't save everyone. Probably holographic. Unless they just plain forgot about the ditch...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was no ditch

Yes good point. The ditch would have been on the outside of the dome as the dome shrank but the people running up to the dome were able to bang on the dome.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    Yes good point. The ditch would have been on the outside of the dome as the dome shrank but the people running up to the dome were able to bang on the dome.

Why did it shrink? Are we supposed to know?