Options

Falling Skies S5 US Pace

Comments

• Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    That was actually quite hilarious (unintentionally of course).

Especially Pope's sudden haircut. I kept expecting mini-me to pop up.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^with the recent munching of his gal, methinks Pope won't be seeing his mini-me pop up any time soon. :p .... (too soon? :blush:)
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering this is the final season you would have thought the writers could have come up with some newer ideas. How many times have we seen Pope against the world (boring). Final seasons should be exciting and eventful but this is one big drag. :(
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^with the recent munching of his gal, methinks Pope won't be seeing his mini-me pop up any time soon. :p .... (too soon? :blush:)
    Unless Pope makes Hal his Bitch, and then, well... :o

Speaking on Hal, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Pope did kill him. This is the final season, and at least one of the Masons is bound to wind up dead before the show comes full circle. I think it was at a comic con panel that the girl who plays Maggie said her character goes through a lot around the mid-season; maybe that's regret (of sorts) for not sticking closer to Hal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

Speaking on Hal, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Pope did kill him. This is the final season, and at least one of the Masons is bound to wind up dead before the show comes full circle. I think it was at a comic con panel that the girl who plays Maggie said her character goes through a lot around the mid-season; maybe that's regret (of sorts) for not sticking closer to Hal?

Knowing the drama this season, we probably find out Pope was the local hairdresser and she realises she's not going to be able to get her roots done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    :eek: Well as this IS the finale season maybe nothing is "off the menu". Is he gonna squeal like a pig ? :kitty:
    I think it was at a comic con panel that the goddess that is Sarah Carter, who plays Maggie and loves her uzis, said her character goes through a lot around the mid-season; maybe that's regret (of sorts) for not sticking closer to Hal?
    maybe she's referring to that evening off heavy drinking after which she has a whole load of "sexytime" with the members of Mason's Possie. :p
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally with Pope on this one

You just know if one of the Mason brats had been stuck in that alien goo then Professor Hero would have found a way to have him rescued at the same time as (or even before) the mission
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    You just know if one of the Mason brats had been stuck in that alien goo then Professor Hero would have found a way to have him rescued at the same time as (or even before) the mission

But that was before the aliens took control of Tom. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm totally with Pope on this one

But as Mason said, if it HAD been one of his kin then he would've rescued them but wouldn't have taken the only transport to do it.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was actually quite hilarious (unintentionally of course).

Especially Pope's sudden haircut. I kept expecting mini-me to pop up.

At least he doesn't look so much like Eurovision's Conchita Wurst now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyone who isn't expecting Pope to die this week??
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyone who isn't expecting Pope to die this week??

I'm not really thinking about the show that much. It's not one of my must see shows any more just watching to get closure really.

The Strain is my must watch Sunday show.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Considering the show never really knew what to do with Pope, they sure are dragging out his inevitable death........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's really a bit late in the game for a 'my family all died' story, it's Season 1 or 2 stuff. I think viewers have probably cottoned on that people may have popped their clogs by now.

It looks like they're dragging out the Pope stuff (along with everything else) to save their cash for the final episodes.

Possibly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that Pope has gone full circle. He started off as a bog standard post-apocalyptic gang leader and it seems as if he'll end exactly the same
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get no sense of this building to a big finish. It just feels like they are treading water till the end.

To be honest most of the seasons followed that pattern. You could probably edit the whole thing down to a single season mini series that would be halfway decent.

Same thing the walking dead suffers from but with that show people actually care enough about the characters to get engrossed in the soap elements. Where as with Falling Skies I suspect a lot of us are just hoping they'll all die soon :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who else called the "he's there all alone" thing about 20s after you saw the guy. Also, he was asking for weapons, cos he really needed weapons, but only asked after firing about 60 missiles (ish) at the convoy, whatsupwitdatdude ?!
    Too much faffing about this season, just get to the finale already dammit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    To be honest most of the seasons followed that pattern. You could probably edit the whole thing down to a single season mini series that would be halfway decent.

Same thing the walking dead suffers from but with that show people actually care enough about the characters to get engrossed in the soap elements. Where as with Falling Skies I suspect a lot of us are just hoping they'll all die soon :D

What I'd like to happen is have Tom Mason see all his kids die in the final assault, then receive a fatal wound himself but before he dies seeing Pope walking up without a scratch on him
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I'd like to happen is have Tom Mason see all his kids die in the final assault, then receive a fatal wound himself but before he dies seeing Pope walking up without a scratch on him

I'll be honest, I won't mind if Matt survives but not Hal, Ben & Tom. The three of them irritate me to no end.

I'll have to keep a bucket next to me for the finale because I swear if the Mason's all get a "they lived happily ever after" ending I'm going to vomit profusely!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That actor who plays Weaver is terrible.........he appears to say all his lines in the same tone regardless of the context

Agree that the Pope story is being dragged out........it does feel like this show is fizzling out with a whimper rather than rushing t a bang

But maybe we'll have a big final battle for Earth in the last couple of episodes.......

When Pope was obviously injured at the end I thought the black soldier was just gonna shoot him like he shot that other guy !.........don't carry any dead weight !
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch this latest episode.

Not really in the mood to watch a whole episode of Hal and Pope going at each other, especially when the show should really be about the aliens.
    Can't help thinking it is more about saving the budget rather than story telling.

It pees me off that people get to make TV shows and they waste the chance on filler.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, this perfectly preserved 70s muscle car Weaver is rollin' in, what's up with that? After all these years, it's perfectly preserved, gas in the tank, battery charged, tyres pumped up and not even dusty when they found it. I thought it was going to be a trap, but no, it's just a perfectly preserved car waiting to be found in amongst all the other junk so Weaver can cruise around and impress the laydez.

It's so corney this season what with new boy Ryan "I'll go with you" - Dead! And Mira Sorvino "I love you, lets have babies" - Dead! Random dude's unseen family in the other room - yep - Dead!

If this wasn't the final season, I'd stop watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we're lucky, Pope will shave his beard off in the next episode, then we'll know we're really getting close to the finale.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    What happened to the three men that Pope cut loose and later told Tom where Pope was hiding. Did they make their way to the 2nd Mass, get lost in the wilderness or what?

Also how come Alien Tom was willing to risk everything to save Hal when he wasn't willing to do anything to save Sara?

A lot of inconsistency there, or just sloppy writing? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    What happened to the three men that Pope cut loose and later told Tom where Pope was hiding. Did they make their way to the 2nd Mass, get lost in the wilderness or what?

Also how come Alien Tom was willing to risk everything to save Hal when he wasn't willing to do anything to save Sara?

A lot of inconsistency there, or just sloppy writing? :confused:

Which is precisely why Pope has gone totally postal

As for the 3 people that didn't make the cut with Pope's new gang you would hope that Mason pointed them in the direction of the 2nd Mass