Options

What is this bloody Triangle with an exclamation mark in the corner of my HTC sensati

Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
Forum Member
HTC sensation XE.

its in the top left hand corner. why when i tap it does nothing happen?
this phone is annoying me. its waaay to complicated compared to galaxy..

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get a similar icon on my Desire when there is a signal problem or the battery is running out. There may be other reasons why it appears but those are the only times I've seen it.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get that icon when something has failed, check your notifications and scroll right down and it might go?
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a general notification pull the notification bar down to find out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks guys. it was a notification, i didnt know how to pull the 'bar down'.:o

while im moaning, does anyone know how i switch whatsapp off when im not using it, i just want 2 sign out cos now people are harassing me!!
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    thanks guys. it was a notification, i didnt know how to pull the 'bar down'.:o
    On my Desire there are four permanent icons below the screen. One is three short lines. Touching that on the "home" screen opens a pop up menu with Notifications as one of the options. I find with my cack-handedness that is an easier way than pulling down the bar.

Not sure if the Sensation is the same though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think im going to swap it for a galaxy s2. its annoyingly complicated, and as for the 'beats' audio, it sounds exactly the same as any other phone
  • Options
    springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    to get to notification, two ways from the home screen.

Swipe down from the top of your screen

menu -> notification (not all phones I believe).

The Swipe down from the top of yourr screen can be done virtually anywhere within the phone. All android phones works in the same way for this.

And whatapp, it is like an SMS system. I can't see an option to sign off, but you can change the way you get notified. Menu -> Settings -> message notification.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cannot switch off or sign out of whatsapp.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got this phone to. How do I delete stuff from music?! And is it possible to set music as a ringtone?
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Apparently you can kill it with Jbak TaskMan. This is the only taskmanager that can do it. To reuse you just activate it again....
    Not tried this personally but hope it helps...
  • Options
    NasalhairNasalhair Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    I got this phone to. How do I delete stuff from music?! And is it possible to set music as a ringtone?

If it is anything like the HTC Desire...
    - To delete a track find it in your music player in your library of songs. Long-press on it (hold your finger over it for a couple of seconds) and a pop-up menu appears. You can delete from here.
    - To set a track as a ringtone do the same as above, and in the menu the option "Set as ringtone" appears.
    - To set a track as a ringtone for a contact you go to the Contacts (or People, or something like that) application, long-press on a contact, and the option to set them a ringtone appears in there, I think.

Basically the key to it all is long-pressing on things.

Also, a tip: Read the user manual ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    another question, without starting a whole new thread..
    how do i install the htc software thing on my computer, i have plugged the phone in the usb, but not quite sure what im supposed to do now, yes i have read the 2 page manual!
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    another question, without starting a whole new thread..
    how do i install the htc software thing on my computer, i have plugged the phone in the usb, but not quite sure what im supposed to do now, yes i have read the 2 page manual!

Might be wrong (it's present on the Desire S) but you should have a file on the SD card called HTCsync.exe (or similar) just locate it and double click it. If you havent got a new removable drive on your PC, your phone is probably setup for charge only and not as disk drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Might be wrong (it's present on the Desire S) but you should have a file on the SD card called HTCsync.exe (or similar) just locate it and double click it. If you havent got a new removable drive on your PC, your phone is probably setup for charge only and not as disk drive.

well i have managed to find the software, i wasnt syncing the computer to my sd card properly :o
    its installed on my laptop, i have tried syncing the phone to the computer, but an error comes up on the phone saying that it cannot detect samsung sync software.. :rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Strange that seeing as your phone is an HTC. Do you mean the phone says it cannot detect HTC sync software? I have read a few reports on this very problem and some say it has a problem if the software detects an Itunes folder in My documents on your PC. If there is they say rename the folder temporarily. Anyway, I am the first to tell you that HTC sync, Kies and all the other software sync applications are terrible so "pob lwc i ti"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is there such thing as an app that will perhaps allow me to convert videos so i can share them?
    the videos from my HTC dont even play on my computer! :eek:
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there such thing as an app that will perhaps allow me to convert videos so i can share them?
    the videos from my HTC dont even play on my computer! :eek:

This will play them
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    This will play them
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

but will i have to ask every person i send a video to, to download this :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    but will i have to ask every person i send a video to, to download this :eek:

sorry to hijack, should of explained im having the same issue when sending to phones other than HTC.
    i already downloaded a converter last week, i just cant be bothered to convert every single video everytime :p