Arrow Season 4 - US Pace Spoilers tagged

CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
Forum Member
✭✭
As we're starting to get news from ComicCon now about Season Four of Arrow, I figured we best have a new thread!

Coping this across from the old Season 3 thread:
Check out this video from Comic-Con. Stephen does an intro as Oliver and is in his new attire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP3pi_unmf0

Love the new look. A lot more modern than his old one.

NOTES: This is at US Pace, there will be spoilers and there will be speculation and discussion about what's coming up or rumoured for the show in the run up to the new season starting in September.

Please tag all spoilers.

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also from the old thread:
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Neal McDonough has been cast as Damien Dahrk.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are we approaching season four already? Where is the time going?! :(:D
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite like the new costume, but from the talk I was expecting more of a departure...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are we approaching season four already? Where is the time going?! :(:D

I know but it still needs to hurry up and be September 27th!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I know but it still needs to hurry up and be September 27th!

October 8th. 12 weeks and 3 days to go.

I just bought seasons 1 and 2 to watch again. Hopefully erase season 3 before 4 starts ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    October 8th. 12 weeks and 3 days to go.

I just bought seasons 1 and 2 to watch again. Hopefully erase season 3 before 4 starts ;-)

Ahh yes, it's Once Upon A Time which is coming out in September you're right.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    His outfit is pretty cool.

Here's another promo shot of it.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjaredjr.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2015/07/stephen-amell-green-arrow-new-suit.jpg

Uuuuuggghhhh I can't wait for these shows to return. Summer TV is painfully shite. I only have True a Detective recording on Sky+ and literally nothing else. :(
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Echo Kellum has been cast as
    Mr Terrific
    , who sounds pretty terrible tbh.

Also, Alexander Calvert has been cast as
    Anarky
    , which - for the sake of the show - will hopefully give us a recurring villain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Echo Kellum has been cast as
    Mr Terrific
    , who sounds pretty terrible tbh.

Also, Alexander Calvert has been cast as
    Anarky
    , which - for the sake of the show - will hopefully give us a recurring villain.

Why terrible?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He called himself the Green Arrow...little woot...please start calling him that in the series like he is supposed to be.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    He called himself the Green Arrow...little woot...please start calling him that in the series like he is supposed to be.

Well since the Arrow is officially dead he'll need a new name if he wants to go back to crime fighting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Well since the Arrow is officially dead he'll need a new name if he wants to go back to crime fighting.

Pah, facts...;-)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off Mr. Terrific. It's nice that they're bringing in lesser known characters for the show, and I hope he comes across well to the viewers.

Anarky should be a fun addition to the cast!

I'm sort of glad they're sticking to tech based characters at the moment. Though, I would like to see more people with powers eventually make their way onto the show.:)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pah, facts...;-)

I meant that they will probably start calling him Green Arrow in the show now that he can't just be Arrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm guessing that's kind of the point of his little wee intro piece ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any truth to the fact that Roy is back in the premiere?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CamCam wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the fact that Roy is back in the premiere?

I haven't heard that myself.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you can add Green Lantern to the DC no show mandate list of Nightwing, Batman, Superman and "possibly" Suicide Squad (hints that they're gone now, no longer can use them)

I wish DC would remember what these pointless mandates did to many of their previous shows and grow a brain that functions like a normal, sane and logical person's. Just let the shows have what they want, it will NOT effect the movies in anyway (other than maybe some fans wanting to see more showings of a character). DC, get the hell out of your own way for once.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I wish DC would remember what these pointless mandates did to many of their previous shows and grow a brain that functions like a normal, sane and logical person's. Just let the shows have what they want, it will NOT effect the movies in anyway (other than maybe some fans wanting to see more showings of a character). DC, get the hell out of your own way for once.
    I completely agree with you. Having the other heroes and villains of the DC universe in two places (tv and movies) isn't going to hurt them; if anything, it'll do them good.

What gets me is that they obviously gave the go-ahead for the Flash tv show, knowing full well that there were plans for a Flash movie(s). Where's the logic in that if they're not willing to allow others?

I would never expect a show on Batman, Superman or a Lantern, but the odd cameo can't hurt, surely? I suppose in the case of a Lantern, there's very little that a Lantern wouldn't be able to do; in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't a Lantern be better than Superman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I would never expect a show on Batman, Superman or a Lantern, but the odd cameo can't hurt, surely? I suppose in the case of a Lantern, there's very little that a Lantern wouldn't be able to do; in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't a Lantern be better than Superman?

Green Lantern is the most overpowered superhero in any franchise imho, having him in this universe would be ridiculous because why have either Arrow or The Flash with GL around :D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Green Lantern is the most overpowered superhero in any franchise imho, having him in this universe would be ridiculous because why have either Arrow or The Flash with GL around :D

Not much use against Reverse Flash in costume ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Arrow casting news.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    More Arrow casting news.
    There's two (maybe three) shows I've seen Jeri Ryan in since her time on Star Trek, and none of her characters and/or acting ability seem to have been up to scratch. Hopefully that wont continue here...

I know she appeared in Helix, can't remember what the other shows were.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you. Having the other heroes and villains of the DC universe in two places (tv and movies) isn't going to hurt them; if anything, it'll do them good.

What gets me is that they obviously gave the go-ahead for the Flash tv show, knowing full well that there were plans for a Flash movie(s). Where's the logic in that if they're not willing to allow others?

I think for Green Lantern, "training wheels" says it all. Basically he'd be able to go to Oa and back to Earth, but his ring would be essentially "training wheels" with the power massively dumbed down. He could still form it into stuff, just not planet-nuking stuff. In a more "real" DC universe, a GL would have to go through years of low power training like this to stop them accidentally blowing stuff up. It'd certainly work for guest appearances on the shows, right?

As for mandates. We're going to get to a "MCU and mutants" situation here. Marvel can't use mutants, they're establishing their MCU with no mentioned/showing of mutants, then suddenly they form a deal and can now have mutants. How the hell do they establish them as having been around when everything we've seen flies against it? That's the DCTVU and the other popular heroes situation. Eventually DC is going to "maybe" allow cameos...cameos in a universe they aren't allowed to say certain heroes even exist, and then you're expected just to imagine "they were there, we just didn't reference them". Which is dumb. Can you imagine a universe about emerging heroes, that has Superman in it in the background for years, but they NEVER ever mention him? It's ridiculous.