What are the chances of GTA V being on PS4

Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know GTA V will be out for PS3, but with the PS4 launch coming so close after it, surely Rockstar have a PS4 version we don't know about yet lined up. It could end up looking old and dated when Watch Dogs arrives on PS4 this year.

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I was wondering the same. If it does get announced for PS4, I'll hold off & get that version instead of the PS3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well... Rockstar were listed as one of the devs working on PS4 titles...
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highly likely. Ubisoft did an interview with Eurogamer after the Meeting and Yves Guillemot confirmed that Watch_Dogs is developed for next-gen consoles and then ported to the PS3/Xbox 360 with scaled down features/graphics/extras ect.

If Ubisoft can do it why not Rockstar? They cater for the next-gen audience but also have the high install base of the previous consoles. Win-win.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest game being unplayable because you don't have BC, I laugh my head off at Sony. I can play a game from 1994 on my PC, but it seems 2 month old games are a no no. Hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest game being unplayable because you don't have BC, I laugh my head off at Sony. I can play a game from 1994 on my PC, but it seems 2 month old games are a no no. Hilarious.

because as soon as you buy a ps4, your ps3 will explode!!!!

sigh, another person not understanding the difference consoles and pc's.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    To quote them directly...
    R* X
    5 hours, 12 minutes ago

Grand Theft Auto V is coming for Xbox 360 and PS3 on 9.17.13.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    To quote them directly...
    Just like Bungie said Destiny was coming to 360 and PS3 just 3 days before showing it for PS4 ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Just like Bungie said Destiny was coming to 360 and PS3 just 3 days before showing it for PS4 ;)

Right, but Bungie never gave a release date. Would Rockstar really want people NOT buying GTA5 on their ps3/360 while they wait for the new consoles? It might get a ps4/durango version ...but I just dont see it happening for gta.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Likely a next gen and PC version will come out in 2014 but I doubt they will even announce it until after xmas - that way they don't hurt sales and the die hards will buy it twice.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    This is why i think Rockstar has missed a huge sales point for the Ps3 and 360 versions. If they had released in April then it gives them huge sales.

I think Rockstar have been working GTA 5 for Ps4 and the new xbox all along then they are just going to port the versions onto PS3 and 360 :p