South Park Season 18

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Any news on UK airings?

I thought the last series started slow. I wasn't really enjoying it but it did pick up throughout the series.

Some very good episodes towards the end of the series.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Comedy Central UK are true to form, it'll probably be a week behind.

Have to agree about a few slow episodes at the start of the season - Let Go, Let Gov was one and I remember Goth Kids 3 being pretty god-awful as well, but then we had the brilliant Taming Strange and then the absolutely brilliant Black Friday trilogy after that.

And even The Hobbit was a top drawer episode - although anytime they take the piss out of Kanye West is always good :)
    Forum Member
    Yep, totally agree with you there.

The Black Friday trilodgy were some of the best over the past few seasons.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can sit here and talk about a new season and when it will debut in the UK but really we all know this is just about you and me getting Xboxes. The rest of this is just to get us through those doors. You should come take a walk in my garden some time and we can talk some more on this.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts over here on 1st October.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    We can sit here and talk about a new season and when it will debut in the UK but really we all know this is just about you and me getting Xboxes. The rest of this is just to get us through those doors. You should come take a walk in my garden some time and we can talk some more on this.

Don't believe him! He's said this to a bunch of people! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first one earlier. Pretty good and quite funny. Some of the company names they were coming up with were very good :)

Very happy it's back!
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Any news on UK airings?

If Comedy Central UK are true to form, it'll probably be a week behind.
    Starts over here on 1st October.
    Cool.

I recorded the trilogy the other night so will watch them again before the new series starts.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    *Picks flower* 😃
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first one earlier. Pretty good and quite funny. Some of the company names they were coming up with were very good :)

Very happy it's back!

Those and the logos when Cartman was doing his presentations :D
    Forum Member
    I'm just suprised they didn't go for Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a weird one this week. Bit of a slow burner, but the stuff with Randy and his "secret identity" was fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cracking episode this week :)

Nathan and Mimsy are always funny and the Wacky Races stuff at the end was brilliant.
    Forum Member
    Bit of a weird one this week. Bit of a slow burner, but the stuff with Randy and his "secret identity" was fantastic.
    That was good but the stuff with Cartman is just what's been done before with a different subject.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That was good but the stuff with Cartman is just what's been done before with a different subject.

Oh that's true, but I still quite liked it. With any luck, the episodes will start to pick up now because they've usually started off slowly in the past few seasons.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randy is Lorde, I enjoyed that. Lordee Lordee Lordee. :D
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Continuity seems to be a thing this season. Although the episodes so far have been self contained, in each one there's been at least one reference the previous episode.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No new episode in the US this week as they're having two lots of 'dark weeks' (the second one is Thanksgiving week). Episode 5 will air on October 29th.
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    cracking episode this week :)

Nathan and Mimsy are always funny and the Wacky Races stuff at the end was brilliant.

I'm sort of getting back into South Park after missing about 12 seasons. Do they often have episodes where Cartman, Stan, Kyle & Kenny don't appear?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sort of getting back into South Park after missing about 12 seasons. Do they often have episodes where Cartman, Stan, Kyle & Kenny don't appear?

There are a couple, but not many. They did have one season where each character had their own individual episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Continuity seems to be a thing this season. Although the episodes so far have been self contained, in each one there's been at least one reference the previous episode.

Same thing happened in this week's episode - the "Cissy" bathroom was still visible at the school. I think there was another reference to a previous episode as well but I'll have to re-watch it again to remember what it was.

Brilliant episode though, tackling drones and the celebrity pictures hack :)
  • AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Was this weeks episode a repeat ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AL_Bundy wrote: »
    Was this weeks episode a repeat ?

It would have been, yeah. There was a one week break in the US so you'd have had a repeat on Comedy Central.
    Forum Member
    It was The Shining parody with the Blockbuster video store.

They shouldn't have added it on Series Link as it wasn't part of the series, but then I suppose people would be confused and annoyed if the episode didn't record :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nightmare on Facetime is always worth a watch though, if only for the scene where Stan gets "tortured" on the iPad :)