Options

Disposable Heroes OCBS

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else a customer of these people ? Cos someone posted on reddit that DHC is having big problems with many people not receiving their orders. Having been a most-happy customer for 6-7 years now I am hoping this is just a temporary thing.

Comments

• Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird, they've always been fine with me. I don't use them for my regular pull-list but pretty much for anything else (missed issues, random one-off issues etc). I used them in December and they were A1 as usual.

They get so much business that if anything bad is happening it could only be down to human error (financial mismanagement/health/etc...)

People are always more likely to complain online than praise, though.

EDIT: Having said that: There are complaints on their FB page and the site appears to be down... Think the last post on FB from them was Dec 19th...

Edit 2: And Bleeding Cool have it covered: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/07/disposable-heroes-are-missing-in-action/ - Though notice, on there, that some folk are still getting their comics...

Folk are pointing at their Ebay page but they've said a number of times that they were winding down the Ebay page and concentrating on their own site.

I've also just remembered their recent action figure clear out. Hope that wasn't a sign of bad things...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. If they have obsconded(?) to a country without extradition agreements with the UK, at least I'll only miss out on ~8 issues... reading those comments some will have lost out on 90 odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absconded ;)

Anyway, just heard from a friend on FB that they sent a message to Darren via FB but have had nothing back... unsurprisingly, I suppose.

Some folk are, rather stupidly, misreading some eBay feedback the DHC ebay account has been getting and claiming he's still active and spending cash but the feedback date is from when the feedback was placed, not the purchase...

I just hope everything's alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the one hand I've been completely happy with their service for 6 years and hope this is only a temporary thing and they come back and so do my issue delivery.
    But on the other hand, if they are dead I need to buy issue now so I don't miss out.

It's the "having no word from the guys" that's the most frustrating part in that I just don't know what to do, have nothing to work with. If I give up on them and put in a complaint to paypal and buy issues I didn't receive... then have a package from DHC arrive with a big "we're sorry for the mess but are back running now" message, well I'm gonna feel like a little shit deserting them so quickly.
    But if I stay hopeful and wait, expecting good news to arrive shortly, well I might just find they fktoff out the country Jan1 and I've left it too late to get a refund from paypal, paypal having paid out all the other pissed of DHC customers who put in their complaints weeks ago.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like they've taken their Facebook page down - or FB removed it due to all the complaints...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is still a cached version available showing some of the many-many complaints. Someone got money back from paypal so maybe there's hope for me..... and for others too, of course... but mainly me. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    There is still a cached version available showing some of the many-many complaints. Someone got money back from paypal so maybe there's hope for me..... and for others too, of course... but mainly me. :p

Everyone who put a Paypal dispute in got their money back, mainly because DHC hasn't contested anything because they've not responded to anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ good to hear. My 3 disputes are currently in the "Awaiting other party's response" phase, giving them until Jan 28 to respond. With hindsight, knowing he hadn't responded to anything, since one of my orders had been 1/2 filled, rather than disputing 1/2 the cost I coulda lied and gone for the whole lot, and 11 other orders from previous months - but that'd be wrong and bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just received the results of my 3 paypal disputes - my account has just increased by almost £50 = 3 unfulfilled/partial unfulfilled orders. Yay for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those looking at other eBay sellers to replace DHC :
    (A) East Coast Comics and Comic Biz use those A4 envelopes with one size cardboard.
    and (B) Retro Comics uses a version of that cardboard foldy thing DHC used, only Retro's is slightly wider.

[edit] btw: iiuc A-Place-In-Space might be doing away with their free delivery. Apparently with the death of DHC they've seem a huge increase in sales, coupled with postal charges rising = free delivery go bye bye. But their eBay listings still have the free-delivery thing there, so I'm a little confused. All this will be moot if I go the trade route when DC Reborn Again kicks in in May. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just for completeness - A Place In Space delivery came today and it fit thru my small letterbox like a boss, so I'll be using them from now on, unless their new delivery charges say otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps. getmycomics uses A4 carboard backed envelopes. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the latest? The website now redirects to Cowdenbeath FC!! www.disposableheroes.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ that's a bit random! Wonder if they're going into the comic business. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Folk are now thinking that this account on Ebay is DHC:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/funkfury/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^really ?! Upon checking it out they don't appear to have sold any comics.

My current method has been (1) retrocomics - getting it delivered to Argos as their packaging is frustratingly just a tad too wide to fit
    and (2) a-place-in-space - cos their packaging does fit.
    I think both offer a subscription service but what with Rebirth = me quitting monthlies, well that doesn't seem worth it with it happening in 2 months time. What either don't offer though is ordering a months worth and having the ones arriving in weeks 1-3 kept safe until week 4's lot comes in, then sending them all out in one packaging - saving them a bundle in p+p, and making them a bundle in extra $£$£, especially if your only getting a single comic each week. Still gonna keep Judge Dredd going. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^really ?! Upon checking it out they don't appear to have sold any comics.

You need to up your internet game :D They've sold loads of comics, including a DHC exclusive Batman cover:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DARK-KNIGHT-MASTER-RACE-1-DISPOSABLE-HEROES-SIMON-BISLEY-COVER-SET-BATMAN-DC-/172110996663?hash=item28129d64b7%3Ag%3A3xoAAOSwezVWviTj&nma=true&si=Lr72nbHfiFbwaj%252F6bmbJ5qqPsxc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sus!