Masterchef new series (17/01/12) (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,717
Administrator
I want ALL the recipes from the Thailand programme too !
They looked fantastic :D

This thread is a continuation of: Masterchef new series (17/01/12)

[news]'MasterChef' The Final poll: Who should win?[/news]

Comments

• 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really fancy going to that food market.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing that the thread has been "moved", I'll repeat my post :D
    Where can we get ALL the recipes from the Thailand programme ?
    They looked fantastic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh a big new echo-ey thread....

*HB puts on her loudest shouty voice...Cooooo-eeeeyyyy !!!! *

Just a quick post. Almost didn't see the Thailand ep... a bit confused as to why they suddently put in two eps this weeks and yet next week we're back to one Grrrr!!!!

Wednesday... Sooo love the food critics... Good girl Shelina...

Eammon... too many mistakes... it was his time to go... Jay is my guilty pleasure... :o

OK then... So how come MC keeps getting these AMAZING gigs... cooking for a Thai (ex UK spy) Prince :confused: And they cooked for Indian royalty in a previous series... Kudos to them.

Cor blimey.... didn't they all do SO well with all those strange ingredients and loads of spices etc.

And we had our compulsory 'nonsense moment'... Shelina needed to get her puds into the blast freezer... OK so you mean to tell me there wasn't one member of hotel staff who could be spared to take her desserts 20 minutes by golf cart to the freezer... and of course the return journey back... FFS.... Exactly what is this teaching her... ?

Anyway glad they didn't eliminate anyone after their three tasks...

FYI
    Just received email from Watch channel informing that Junior Aussie MC will be 'coming soon' :) . When I know a date I'll let you know... dunno which series it is... I have only seen a NZ jnr one... and the kiddie cooks in that put last year's UK contestants to shame... yes I mean all of you inlcuding the winner...

Another FYI
    Good Food have been showing 'Use Your Loaf' featuring James Martin and Paul Hollywood for those who loved him in Great Br Bake Off... and it's before he became a silver fox... lawks knows when it was filmed then :confused: ... Unfortunately it is just about to finish... but knowing GF... they'll be repeating it soon :)

Bye then fellow foodies...

*HB waves as she heads off to watch Top Chef All Stars...* :o
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought her tarts might've melted by the time she got back to her kitchen.
  • SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed last nights episode - anybody know where I can watch it online??? Am in ROI so can't use iplayer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slater wrote: »
    I missed last nights episode - anybody know where I can watch it online??? Am in ROI so can't use iplayer.

Are you on Sky?

It's going out on BBC Wales at 9pm this evening (Sky 972) :) .
  • justannejustanne Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else get annoyed with the announcement that their mentor,David Thompson is 'regarded as the leading authority on Thai food'???

Shouldn't the Thai chefs and people themselves, be the best authority? The arrogance of the michelin chefs continues to astound me.

Go to Thailand (we're paying for that little jaunt) if you must, but for heaven's sake, let their mentors be actual Thai chefs. Not an overpaid white guy. Sheesh!!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Oh my god I just watched this back - David Thompson seemed to be totally off his rocker in the market (and not much better in the last round)!

I think they really did themselves proud... all really challenged.

And best of all... no Jackie! Arf!
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Oh my god I just watched this back - David Thompson seemed to be totally off his rocker in the market (and not much better in the last round)!

I think they really did themselves proud... all really challenged.

And best of all... no Jackie! Arf!

I think he might have moved from opiates to thai vegetables like the farmers too :D j/k
    He was hilarious, especially with the beer thing. I have no idea how they could work in such conditions, all the sweat and sharp knives and chillies, such a painful combination.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I think he might have moved from opiates to thai vegetables like the farmers too :D j/k
    He was hilarious, especially with the beer thing. I have no idea how they could work in such conditions, all the sweat and sharp knives and chillies, such a painful combination.

I know ... I was just thinking.. if I had been battling in a kitchen and some strange guy who had been yelling "pump it, pound it, harder, harder" came mincing up to me with beer... I'd prolly do a time for 100m in the opposite direction, that Usain Bolt wouldn't sniff at!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They looked fantastic

I bet each of them begins with: get a huuge mortar and pestle and a couple of cockroaches :eek: :D The food looked great, but there was a lot of work in preparing just those pastes. I do not know if I had a patience for that to make it properly. I'd put it in a blender, probably.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelina's dessert looked a little sparse at the end.

But to me, a sure bet for the final. Jay isn't up to the others' level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I have no idea how they could work in such conditions, all the sweat and sharp knives and chillies, such a painful combination.

And Andrew's hair, it's strange they did not find some of it in his food yet.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any of you watch Saturday Kitchen? They have been running a wee segment from Celebrity Masterchef, the one with Aggie MacKenzie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    hi guys,

update on aussie junior masterchef....starts 19th march on watch @7pm

so loving the final 4 and i stick by my conviction that shelina could be a double for torres from grays anatomy :)..jay is my gulty pleasure too but i fear he has reached his end, think its a shelina tom andrew final 3 and although i like shelina i would love it if andrew was the ultimate winner:D
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with the Thai episode and wasn't entirely convinced by this as an hours entertainment.

Nobody at risk so felt like little point. Particularly as, in scenarios like this, there is no way on this planet that they master Thai food and come up with their own ideas at the end of it in such a short space of time.

Methinks the mentoring has a lot to do with what happens when they do their own thing so to speak- for me this type of episode is really them just following recipes from their mentor rather than being inventive and thats my least favourite aspect of the show-- much prefer seeing what madness the chefs come up with from their own experience.

Up to now its been very easy to call who goes next ( Jay) but then it will get interesting as its going to be down to which of the last 3 doesn't make a major mistake and the two blokes have both got form in that regard.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone interested in Jackie's view of the Thailand prog, see her tweets at https://twitter.com/#!/thehungrygecko
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's OK there's no elimination in episodes when they are outside of the studio kitchen. I see it more like, yes they can manage that, swim after being thrown in the water. The important thing is they won't drown, not who was the best. That's something they all can improve on, but not something that should decide if they stay or go. IMO.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone interested in Jackie's view of the Thailand prog, see her tweets at https://twitter.com/#!/thehungrygecko

Okay if I pass on that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    They looked fantastic

4 Thai recipes from Thursday's MasterChef programme have been posted on the BBC website. I think they are the dishes made for the little prince and retinue.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 Thai recipes from Thursday's MasterChef programme have been posted on the BBC website. I think they are the dishes made for the little prince and retinue.

Yes - that's four of them. What about all the others ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member

My computer security won't let me go and see. It's come to a sad pass when a computer tries to save you from something it believes might be too much to cope with.... :rolleyes:

By the way...... You do all realise that she went to Thailand, don't you...... ;)

:eek:
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nephelim wrote: »
    My computer security won't let me go and see. It's come to a sad pass when a computer tries to save you from something it believes might be too much to cope with.... :rolleyes:

By the way...... You do all realise that she went to Thailand, don't you...... ;)

:eek:
    Love imagining your firewall closing up protectively: Nooo you don't want to seeeee... :eek:
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kessie63 wrote: »
    hi guys,

update on aussie junior masterchef....starts 19th march on watch @7pm

so loving the final 4 and i stick by my conviction that shelina could be a double for torres from grays anatomy :)..jay is my gulty pleasure too but i fear he has reached his end, think its a shelina tom andrew final 3 and although i like shelina i would love it if andrew was the ultimate winner:D

Junior Masterchef looks interesting...You'll have to remind us closer to the time!
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not the cockroach one? :confused: but I captured and squashed one specially, now it's just going to go off :cry:.