Options

Previous Survivor Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Is South Pacific worth a watch?

I cannot stand Conchran or Braden in FvF2 and Coach was never a fav.

Not particularly, Coach has all of his personality sucked out of him and becomes a humourless game bot, Ozzy is still his obnoxious, self entitled bullying self and Cochran makes a move that was infuriating and ultimately ruins the series. On the plus side though Brandon's boot episode is great and the finale is one of the most underrated episodes.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I think I will remain to not watch it then.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Is South Pacific worth a watch?

I cannot stand Conchran or Braden in FvF2 and Coach was never a fav.

Only if you're an Ozzy fan, as he's the only other one that gets a load of focus.

I really like Sophie though, but there's videos on youtube containing her moments from throughout the season so I can just watch them instead of rewatching all of it again.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Meh I have mixed reactions on Ozzy, I respect he is a good competitor and a underdog in cook island but he is such a douchbag that dont think I can stomach watching him for a third time.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozzy was so repulsive throughout the whole season (SP)

THANK GOD SOPHIE won the final IC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since, when it comes to Survivor, I seem to be very pro-female. Though not as bad as Jeff Probst is about the males. I was thinking about who my fave male winner is. I was considering someone like Yul or Earl but they are a bit too sensible for me. Then I was thinking Richard Hatch, or maybe Tyson, but choosing Tyson felt a bit of a cheat because I liked him before BvsW, plus he was a more sedate Tyson then. His best bits are probably the Tocantins jury Ponderosa vids.

Finally I came to Chris from Vanuatu and thought 'Yes! That's the one!'
    I loved his winner journey:-
    -Instantly becoming a liability in the first immunity challenge but narrowly avoiding the boot after becoming part of a solid clique with the larger guys eliminating the douchey jocks.
    -Makes some good connections with the females thanks to the tribe swap.
    -Gets backstabbed at the merge as all the females regroup back together and has to watch his friends get taken out.
    -Ends up 6-1 down against the females but doesn't even need to win immunity as he capitalizes on the cracks in their alliance and helps take out the big players.
    -Becomes the crucial swing-vote and despite re-establishing connections with females that backstabbed him in the past he decides to stick with the ones he has a better chance of beating at the end and backstabs those that backstabbed him. Just deserts really.
    -After starting out the season struggling in the challenge, he powers through the last couple of immunities which allows him to choose his best opposition in the final.
    -Gets Twila riled up before they go infront of the jury 'Just remember, we're not taking any crap from a bitter jury right?' ;-) , meanwhile he 'sincerely' apologises to those he betrayed (but I mean they did it first right?) and wins convincingly.

I liked the fact that he could take on a number of different roles - he was the battling underdog who stubbornly never gave up, he was the funny up-for-a-laugh guy who was having the time of his life, and he could also be a bit villainous and scheming.
    Typical that Jeff and the show has severely neglected Chris's winner journey despite it being a contender for possibly the greatest winner's journey ever.

This actually caused me to do a Vanuatu rewatch. While I think the season does sag a bit after the swap and then a bit after the merge, it still works well because the two most interesting aspects of the season are Chris's journey and the dynamics of the women's tribe and we get to experience both of them for almost all the season. The fact that hardcore feminist Ami was a part of the women's tribe and was partly to blame for it all combusting was quite amusing.
    The only ones I dislike from this season (Mia, Brook, John P) are voted off straight-away and some of the other boots are gripping aswell, especially Dolly's and Leann's.

If I do another season ranking I think Vanuatu may receive a bit of a boost.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The season-long catfight between Twila and Eliza was hilarious.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twila vs Eliza was hilarious, and Eliza is one of my favourite castaways ever. I just think she's brilliant, she was definitely the main reason I was into Vanuatu. Not a great season, but better than people give it credit for.

Bring Eliza back, Survivor!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Twila vs Eliza was hilarious, and Eliza is one of my favourite castaways ever. I just think she's brilliant, she was definitely the main reason I was into Vanuatu. Not a great season, but better than people give it credit for.

Bring Eliza back, Survivor!

I was wondering if Eliza would ever come back. I think it has a chance of happening in another Allstars series, she's still really involved with the Survivor community, a big fan of the show, and very active tweeting about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Eliza annoying people on the show but she's REALLY annoying on twitter. lol

She was tweeting during the Cagayan final and was mocking Kass being so useless at challenges. Then Kass came from behind to win.
    That pretty much sums up Eliza on twitter - makes an incredibly stubborn antagonistic statement, the opposite thing happens, Eliza looks foolish.
    Eliza was pretty unbearable with her tweets throughout Caramoan aswell.

I did enjoy her on both her seasons though.
    It's rare when you find yourself totally 50/50 in a Survivor rivalry like I was with Twila and Eliza.