Options

Fresh Meat series 2

Comments

• Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    mousy wrote: »
    I didnt meet anyone like the characters in fresh meat...and I went to dental school ;)

I'm really glad you did not meet a "Josie"!

But surely, even if you did not go to Uni, you must have met a Howard - a social inept trying to get power by any means; a Kinglesy a nerd trying hard to be cool etc etc.

Perhaps it is just me - I have met all the characters in my (admittedly very long) life.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Howard will be still living there in 2052 browning out unruly students.

In 2052 Howard will be engaged at a local authority as assistant surveyor of road drainage. He will be an avid LibDem and convinced that the world has never recognised his talents.
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallysally wrote: »
    I'm really glad you did not meet a "Josie"!

But surely, even if you did not go to Uni, you must have met a Howard - a social inept trying to get power by any means; a Kinglesy a nerd trying hard to be cool etc etc.

Perhaps it is just me - I have met all the characters in my (admittedly very long) life.

nope, not like those characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the characters are exaggerated versions and I haven't met people who are like all of them, but it's not only the characters who capture the university feel for me. It's the smaller things, like all the Post-Its around the kitchen - at that moment I found myself shouting "IT'S SO TRUE!" at the TV because that's exactly what halls was like :D I love it.
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Might I be the only person here who can't stand Vod?

No, I hate the character too!
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Might I be the only person here who can't stand Vod?
    rkid wrote: »
    No, I hate the character too!

That being said, since I made this comment well over a month ago, I have actually found myself warming to her a little more.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love all the originals. Josie was the one I didn't like last series but I think she's been brilliant this series.

I veer between liking and disliking Heather though.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are any of the characters likeable in the concept of being students? They don't seem to do any work and are well obsessed with themselves. But this is why it's so good, student life exaggerated to the extreme. The producers etc. will be well thrilled that people are relating so closely to the personalities. They are beautifully portayed and that's what's so good about Fresh Meat.

"We've got to normalise face drilling" It's so ridiculous. HaHaHaHaHa
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit bitchy that from Heather showing Josie the door. I actually felt sorry for Josie then.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a great episode!! Tony made me laugh so much.

Loved the ending - they've really left it open for another series :D
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kingsley you chuffing idiot!

Funny finale as well. The shambles of the Shales' party and Vod's dancing to the Smiths - just classic.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Some good, some not so good.

All felt a bit rushed. The Frobisher storyline could have been so good but it didn't quite deliver. The ridiculous sex between Kingsley and Josie!!! I mean, come on.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Excellent finale, Very very well written, Tony was great tonight

I love Tony Gardner, I think he's great :D
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    Some good, some not so good.

All felt a bit rushed. The Frobisher storyline could have been so good but it didn't quite deliver. The ridiculous sex between Kingsley and Josie!!! I mean, come on.

Yes, that was a bit much,
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    A bit bitchy that from Heather showing Josie the door. I actually felt sorry for Josie then.

It was very bitchy, but Josie isn't the best of friends is she, with the normalising of face drilling, etc the other week.
    Heather was proved correct in the end wasn't she, that there was 'something' between those two.
    Lots of funny snippets, watched it on timeshift to do a double take on a few scenes.
    I'm going to steal Sarcastronaut, from 'she's a sarcastronaut and she rides a ironacycle'
    Really wanted something to happen with Sabine and Howard

I'll have to watch series 1 at some point.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C4 officially confirm series 3 tonight
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Tony had some classic lines tonight. If he'd been in the entire series I reckon he'd be a shout for a british comedy award.

I liked Howard's monologue 'I've nurtured you from cubs, now you're lions'
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic season closer.

The House Meeting in the pub was great. JP's diminishing "I won't take NO for an answer" the realisation that these were probably the best friends he'd ever had and the cut back to Howard feeding the pig:D:D:D

Kingsley's sudden release of the fact that it always was Josie he wanted to be with. I enjoyed the wild sex scene "It's certainly a strong part of our skillset".

Tony's destruction at the party capped off by Vod announcing the real meaning of the red Lady.

JP's conversation with Howard.

The final house party with Oregon broken down on the sofa had great pathos (and ;poor Dylan).

The hot tub.

Instant classic.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    Fantastic season closer.

The House Meeting in the pub was great. JP's diminishing "I won't take NO for an answer" the realisation that these were probably the best friends he'd ever had and the cut back to Howard feeding the pig:D:D:D

Kingsley's sudden release of the fact that it always was Josie he wanted to be with. I enjoyed the wild sex scene "It's certainly a strong part of our skillset".

Tony's destruction at the party capped off by Vod announcing the real meaning of the red Lady.

JP's conversation with Howard.

The final house party with Oregon broken down on the sofa had great pathos (and ;poor Dylan).

The hot tub.

Instant classic.

This.

Ta, ta Heather. :D

I made these t-shirts designs of one of JP's lines afew episodes back:
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/danielbevis/works/9630600-mother-nature-the-ultimate-milf
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/danielbevis/works/9642228-mother-nature-the-ultimate-milf-text-only

Whatcha all think? :)
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I loved last nights episode, lots a good laughs...cant wait for the next series. Of all the characters Vod has been the biggest grower on me. Couldnt stand her in series 1 but have loved her this series.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    C4 officially confirm series 3 tonight

Yay :D
    Thought Tony had some classic lines tonight. If he'd been in the entire series I reckon he'd be a shout for a british comedy award.

He was so funny!!
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »

Good T-Shirts. Are there others?
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Good T-Shirts. Are there others?

Cheers. :)

Nope. Just put them up today.

I remember seeing this Vod design elsewhere on Redbubble, though:
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/kayleighbrookes/works/9587583-vodbless
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    "This content is not visible because the safe filter is on." :eek:

Isn't there a button underneath? "Turn off safe filter" or something similar?