Options

Defiance - Season 2 (US Pace) ~ Syfy June 19th

2»

Comments

• Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    RyanL wrote: »
    Quite enjoying this and hopefully now Nolan knows what's going on it'll move it along a bit.
    That trannyman singing at the end was bloody awful though.

That was a definite cringe moment.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Christy is an idiot for trusting DJ Hooker. So bloody obvious from the start that's what she wanted to happen.
    The problem is, I think Christy has had a very sheltered life, and as a result, is very naive. It's easily believable. Happens all too often in real life.

Irisa's story is starting to develop now, it looks like she's been reborn or something? I admit it's got me curious. What also caught my curiosity was those two aliens piloting the ship that were cut down. What were they? They appeared sentient (of sorts) yet we've not seen them before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    The problem is, I think Christy has had a very sheltered life, and as a result, is very naive. It's easily believable. Happens all too often in real life.

Irisa's story is starting to develop now, it looks like she's been reborn or something? I admit it's got me curious. What also caught my curiosity was those two aliens piloting the ship that were cut down. What were they? They appeared sentient (of sorts) yet we've not seen them before.

I thought they were either Indogenes - who are supposed to be the most advanced race, but they looked a bit smooth for them. Perhaps some synthetic AI?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I thought they were either Indogenes - who are supposed to be the most advanced race, but they looked a bit smooth for them. Perhaps some synthetic AI?
    I thought the Doc was one of the Indogene species? She has legs, not a tail. :p

The pilots looked different still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I thought the Doc was one of the Indogene species? She has legs, not a tail. :p

The pilots looked different still.

True, but they are quite a short species and just because you can have legs doesn't mean they aren't optional :D.

We've not really seen the alien species surrounded by all their technology that much. If they can have stuff that can invade bodies, kill them (or seem to anyway), and then reanimate and repair them from damage, I don't see why that stuff can't modify the appearance of bodies too.

I think my second thought of some form of AI is still a likely possibility too, given some of the technology we saw briefly in the first series.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone watch through to the end of Season 2?

If so was it worth it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Did anyone watch through to the end of Season 2?
    I did, thankfully. I always give a show a season before I decide whether to stick with it or not, and after series #1 I wasn't overly impressed, and told myself I wasn't going to bother with series #2.

When series #2 launched, I inevitably watched the first episode, which, to be honest, was quite poor, yet I found myself watching the second and third also. It started to get better, and finished on a high.
    Corwin wrote: »
    If so was it worth it?
    I would say yes. It isn't brilliant by any means, though it is enjoyable and there seems to be more emotion behind this series (I can't say much more without spoilers).
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the finale, but I think a large chunk of season 2 could be cut away without affecting anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I enjoyed the finale, but I think a large chunk of season 2 could be cut away without affecting anything.

I enjoyed it too.
    I wonder how much of the budget those destruction of New York scenes took? I also wonder if the ending means a gap of a few years in the world timeline? Surely those buried in the space ship wreckage are going to have to be discovered rather than suddenly wake up and dig their way out?

I hope it gets a third season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I quite liked Season 1, and am part way through Season 2 as one of my commute to work passtimes - however the things that really irk me are ...

1. Why is the willingness to take life so variable? Surely Datak would have been shot to smithereens when they discovered he had just killed the General (or whatever rank he was)

2. Similarly, when Nolan and Irisa rocked up to town, surely the guards would have just opened fire when they approached as they did. And even when they didn't, when Nolan disarmed a guard, the one standing by with a gun in his hand would surely just have shot him.

3. And when the 'Bandits' attacked the convoy - having killed all but two people, why didn't they at least put a bullet in the mayor, rather than piss on him (and let him leave his pants on - at least Datak took his off in the bath)

4, Who makes all the bullets anyway ? Not to mention the TVs , and the mobile phones. And that's a pretty good Cat Camera, when it can get all those angles from one position.

I guess my gripe is it just annoys me that there is the paucity of vision to go beyond 'American Ideals' such as the only way that the BSG 'government' was set up was to mirror Washington - when there are plenty of real world alternatives , and - given this is spacey wacey timey wimey stuff - an ifinite number of potential alternatives.

Ho Humm - back on the medication now.