Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    It was a hastily put together tele programme which isn't going to be able - or probably even allowed - to go into the defence in any great detail and certainly not the prosecution.

Who were the company behind the programme, because we have seen similar before in other cases?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/media-blog/2013/mar/11/oscar-pistorius-bbc-documentary-reeva-steenkamp?INTCMP=SRCH
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible reason she locked the door and didn't shout out to Oscar when he shouted to call the police? http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-03-11/reeva-locked-herself-in-bedroom-during-previous-burglary/
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The family of Oscar Pistorius's dead girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, have told ITV News that it is unfair that he is trying to get his bail conditions relaxed." http://www.itv.com/news/topic/oscar-pistorius/

I'd feel pretty well upset about it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible reason she locked the door and didn't shout out to Oscar when he shouted to call the police? http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-03-11/reeva-locked-herself-in-bedroom-during-previous-burglary/

According to OP's statement timing, she must have been in the toilet when he heard the noise...ie she wasn't in bed when he heard the noise.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    According to OP's statement timing, she must have been in the toilet when he heard the noise...ie she wasn't in bed when he heard the noise.

Exactly. The noise he heard, if he heard one at all, must have been her in the bathroom, therefore she wasn't hiding from a burglar, so who was she hiding from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know, what I mean is she had gone to the toilet, he heard a noise and shouted for her to call the police. Reeva not knowing it was actually her that he heard making the noise locked the door to the toilet and stayed quiet thinking the 'intruder' was elsewhere in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    But as she had her phone why didn't she ring the police if Oscar shouted for her to do so? another hole in his story....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveoz wrote: »
    But as she had her phone why didn't she ring the police if Oscar shouted for her to do so? another hole in his story....

Because she was shot before she had the chance?
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, what I mean is she had gone to the toilet, he heard a noise and shouted for her to call the police. Reeva not knowing it was actually her that he heard making the noise locked the door to the toilet and stayed quiet thinking the 'intruder' was elsewhere in the house.

So, he heard her in the toilet making this mystery "noise", yet he didn't hear her get out of bed, and go to the toilet?
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the first time I've seen an interview with Reeva's ex. Can't say I was impressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    It's the first time I've seen an interview with Reeva's ex. Can't say I was impressed.

Not impressed in what way?

I didn't see the prog / interview but I should imagine OP and RS herself were more accustomed to interviews / media savy than her ex ..hence appearing more relaxed and "professional", (if that's what you're getting at?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, he heard her in the toilet making this mystery "noise", yet he didn't hear her get out of bed, and go to the toilet?

The only argument I can see him using to "excuse" that is the environmental noise, whilst on the balcony, was louder than the bedroom and that the noise(s) happened the split second(s) he shut the balcony doors. Still doesn't convince me though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only argument I can see him using to "excuse" that is the environmental noise, whilst on the balcony, was louder than the bedroom and that the noise(s) happened the split second(s) he shut the balcony doors. Still doesn't convince me though.

Me neither, and hearing a noise in the bathroom would mean checking the whereabouts of the person sharing the bedroom, as that would be the obvious source of the noise.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, and why not ask her to phone the police before he starts sidling up the passageway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That programme had very little new stuff, a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not impressed in what way?

I didn't see the prog / interview but I should imagine OP and RS herself were more accustomed to interviews / media savy than her ex ..hence appearing more relaxed and "professional", (if that's what you're getting at?)

Not professional at all, but quite thick. That was just my impression of him though :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not professional at all, but quite thick. That was just my impression of him though :o

Ok...I'm trying to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt here (I should really watch his interview in all fairness) - it must be quite overwhelming to be in the spotlight with such a sensational case such as this..one day you're going about your business as usual, the next the world's media want to know you :eek: I don't envy him being involved in this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her friend Gina and that tattoo artist didn't come across great either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, and why not ask her to phone the police before he starts sidling up the passageway?

So many ways he could have protected himself and Reeva imo - get the hell out of there for a start and lock the bedroom door behind them.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her friend Gina and that tattoo artist didn't come across great either.

To me there was something distasteful about her friend showing the film crew Reeva's personal belongings, holding up her favourite dress and so on. She was a bit too eager to talk to the media for my liking.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that came across very clearly was just how paranoid many South Africans are about security. Oscar's friend recounted how he had once knocked over a fan in the night when staying over, and that Oscar had immediately gone for his gun. Reeva herself had locked herself in a room during a previous burglary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Gina came across very well, perhaps the most affected by Reeva's death, being her best friend. Gina is a well-respected make-up artist and has her own website, working for Elizabeth Arden among others. I was struck by how beautiful Gina herself was.

I think we really needed to hear from Reeva's family, perhaps her brother, if her parents did not want to appear. Most of all to show how determined and remarkable Reeva was as a person, they might have said something about her recovery from a serious riding accident 6 years ago when she broke her back and had to learn to walk again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The law student who said that there were just too many holes in his story was right. "He went into the bedroom too many times without noticing that Reeva was gone". It was so dark he couldn't see anything, but yet he went back and forth, around corners what seems like miles before switching on the light. It's just odd.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got the impression he wasn't sidling anywhere. Didn't he say in his affidavit that he was screaming as he went along the hallway to the bathroom?
This discussion has been closed.