Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    What do adverts teach us?

No man has ever eaten yogurt, ever (and never will).

At least, that's the impression you'd get if you only went off adverts.

Just totally bizarre.

Hahaha! That's true.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starburst, with those awful whiney American accents.
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    That awful Travel Supermarket ad! Sublime, beautiful music from Mozart's Requiem reduced to a "backdrop" of an awful pantomime stereotyping of a hard-faced Spanish Flamenco dancer and a sleazy little Turkish carpet-seller man >:(
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lowcostholidays.com - simply for their "Don't get highcost sand in your bits, get lowcost sand in your bits" commercial.
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Hahaha! That's true.

Apart from Gok Wan of course..... but then he doesn't count.... ;-)
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BMW ad. I wish the i am guy would just piss off
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm unhappy that the crappy Ford advert with the quarreling couple is back.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Why the hell has that advert (for HSBC, I think) with that girl running a lemonade stall back?

"I take Hong Kong dollars". Oh, do piss off.

I had thought we were thankfully rid of that advert forever until the other day.>:(

Does she need some sort of permit for that stall?.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secret Escapes. GO, GO! No, how about YOU go, you smug cow :mad: also, how controlling is her husband, she's never allowed to talk to anyone!
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My vote goes to wheels4sure and that idiotic woman repeating 4sure/for sure.
    Who even says 'For sure' these days? Very annoying!
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the new TOWIE ad for ITV2 ... whats that all about?? :confused: is to promote the show or basically the crap they come out with??

and for STV - with their STV Appeal ad, this one features Lorraine Kelly sweating it out and to donate to the charity - I get the charity part but the list of "celebs" STV use for this is bit beyond joke its the same ones year in year out (I presume ITV must be the same with charity events as well)
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had thought we were thankfully rid of that advert forever until the other day.>:(

Does she need some sort of permit for that stall?.

Pity Peter Griffin from Family Guy was not on the ad :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2NA_KCIGxM
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Them Birds Eye ads ..... Lush .. my favourite word >:(>:(

BT >:(>:(

Begging ads >:(>:(
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The never ending promos for the Good Morning programme, It's saying something if they have to advertise it to that extent.

Susannah Reid, no matter how much they try to fluff her up, all glam and smiley, she has eyes as hard as nails.
    I avoid the programme now she is on.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    The never ending promos for the Good Morning programme, It's saying something if they have to advertise it to that extent.

Susannah Reid, no matter how much they try to fluff her up, all glam and smiley, she has eyes as hard as nails.
    I avoid the programme now she is on.

She's always been on, bar Friday's.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am. i8.

Boxset weekend on Sky. **** off Sky. Sincerely, VM customer.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "XX lasts two times longer"
    Do you mean "Lasts twice as long" ??
    FFS
    >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    May have already been said but I don't really get the Flora butter advert in which the 2 kids are preparing breakfast for the mum and dad's anniverary. The kids go to present their parents with the food and catch mummy and daddy "wrestling".

WHAT?

Why is sex in an advert for butter?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    May have already been said but I don't really get the Flora butter advert in which the 2 kids are preparing breakfast for the mum and dad's anniverary. The kids go to present their parents with the food and catch mummy and daddy "wrestling".

WHAT?

Butter can come in useful
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member

Cus the ad execs think they are being edgy and shocking but it's just lame.

Also why are those stupid Aunt Bessies adverts with the nosy old ladies still on tv? Seems like they've been playing those ads forever. Really hate how they're at the start and end of every ad break during The Chase.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Starburst, with those awful whiney American accents.

I've never really got over their name change from Opal Fruits. :(
    bbclassics wrote: »

Also why are those stupid Aunt Bessies adverts with the nosy old ladies still on tv? Seems like they've been playing those ads forever. Really hate how they're at the start and end of every ad break during The Chase.

Those ads are awful. Would anyone really think cappuccino is French or not know what an onion ring is called? The one that really niggles is when they refer to a pencil skirt as a belt. That skirt is not short and those old biddies are of an age when they probably saw, or they themselves wore, something much shorter such as mini skirts in the 1960s. >:(
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oak furniture land. The older and younger shop assistants. Hate the way they are really into the job so much they try and compete with each about who knows the most about the furniture and how wonderful it is.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »

Unfortunately Aunt Bessie obviously sponsors The Chase so they will be on at the start and end of every break, same as other sponsors are in the programmes they sponsor.

They're not half as annoying as the prat, childish bloke in the Moaom ads sponsoring The Big Bang Theory. He really makes me want to smash my TV, but I like the programme too much to do that.

It's something we have to put up with.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Oak furniture land. The older and younger shop assistants. Hate the way they are really into the job so much they try and compete with each about who knows the most about the furniture and how wonderful it is.
    I reckon the older salesman should gag and tie up the younger one, and lock him in one of their cupboards. I'd hate working with a smart alec like him.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad for BBC Playlister with Chris Evans "whooo-whooo-ing" throughout.
This discussion has been closed.