Options

Its actually a shame to be losing Maisie Smith from EastEnders

james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I never thought I would say this but she is developing into a great little actress. I noticed this week how natural she was in all her scenes. Its amazing how taking her out of the child box and putting her into the teenager one has made all the difference. Its a shame just as this happens and Tiffany is now at an age where she could be used a lot more on more mature content she is having to leave.

Hope like with Sonia when Lindsey Coulson left in the 90s they bring Tiffany back every now and again to see Liam, Carol and Whitney. Then once she is old enough they could bring her back full time again.

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's sad to be losing not so little Tiffany, she is a good actress.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    Meh I can do without the teenage angst the character would go through if she stayed. We are better off without her.
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Meh I can do without the teenage angst the character would go through if she stayed. We are better off without her.

But why not having it played out via Tiffany? if its not her it will just be another teen. At least Tiffany is embodied into the shows history as a blood link to Pat & Frank Butcher as well as being a descendant of Lou Beale. That is what makes Tiffany unique and different. As far as history goes she is now one of their most important links.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. She has the same links as Liam but I just feel that Maisie Smith shows more potential as an actor.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 50/50 with it. I do agree losing her is sad but at the same time I think it might do Maisie the world of good. Assuming she sticks with drama school and continues to learn her craft then she might come back an even stronger actress if that is all she has to focus on for a few years.

However that would only work if EE were committed to keeping the role open for Maisie. If they recast the role in a few years with some other actress it would be a terrible shame. I think Natalie was 14 when she was written out along with Carol, Alan and Billy. She made the odd appearance every couple of months there after but wasn't brought back full time until a year later. I suppose they could do similar with Tiffany assuming Carol stays although she could probably stay with Whitney if they had a good enough reason. For now though its right she leaves with Bianca as it just wouldn't be realistic otherwise.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would you mind Tiffany returning as a adult? Do you think Maisie is a good actress. What is it with Tiffany you don't like?
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    After last night I agree. Maisie is a great little actress and is the spitting image of her mother. It's a shame to see her go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After last night I agree. Maisie is a great little actress and is the spitting image of her mother. It's a shame to see her go.

I agree with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you think Maisie is a god actress?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will anyone miss Maisie Smith on Eastenders? I will she looks more grown up now
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    I definitely will

She's always been great and it's very silly that her and Morgan are being written out

They both had long futures on the show >:(
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

Nope i won't, Why does her looking more grown up mean you will miss her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Nope i won't, Why does her looking more grown up mean you will miss her?

Well we have seen Tiffany as a young child and Maisie has played her since she was 6 and now Maisie is 13. It would have been nice to see Tiffany until a year in September so then Maisie will be 14 then then and can concentrate on her last two years at Secondary School. I hope Maisie returns as Tiffany
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame but hopefully time away will make the age disparity between Maisie and Tiffany less obvious when she eventually returns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    It is a shame but hopefully time away will make the age disparity between Maisie and Tiffany less obvious when she eventually returns.

I hope she returns played by Smith. I can see Tiffany in 20 years living in Albert Square with children of her own so then more links for Pat and Frank great grand children for Frank and great great grandchildren for Pat :). Maisie will have her GCSEs in June 2017 so maybe she will return as Tiffany after her GCSEs
  • Options
    aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was great last night she's a lot better then Ellie Leach who plays Faye in Coronation Street hope she returns in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible stage school acting and the actress thinks she's a diva
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosmic999 wrote: »
    Terrible stage school acting and the actress thinks she's a diva

No she doesn't think she is a diva. Do you know Maisie Smith if you don't then don't say that. Don't you think Maisie can act?
  • Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she doesn't think she is a diva. Do you know Maisie Smith if you don't then don't say that. Don't you think Maisie can act?

You don't know her either so how do you know she isn't a diva? No, I think she's terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't know her either so how do you know she isn't a diva? No, I think she's terrible.

Don't you like Maisie neither? How do you know she thinks she is a diva?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Don't you like Maisie neither? How do you know she thinks she is a diva?

How do you know she doesn't think she is a diva?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    How do you know she doesn't think she is a diva?

Well I don't know but Cosmic99 can't say she thinks she is a diva what makes them think she is a diva?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I think it's for the best that they're writing her out. It makes sense, and also the actress has always been quite present on screen but there's not much they can give her when the character's 11 and the actress is under 16 and will have to have time off sometimes for school. However in 3 years when the character is 14 and the actress has finished her GCSEs, they could focus on her a lot more :) And she'll probably be an even better actress
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... No, it's not.

Maisie is a terrible "actress". And Tiffany is a little brat. We've got too many screeching banshees on the show as it is.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member

How ridiculous! So we just assume all actors are divas and pains-in-the-butt until proven otherwise? Great mentality there...