Options

Conor and the epilator. Ashleigh and the mirror.

124»

Comments

• Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must agree, I wouldn't say those things after a minor altercation. I may have said something violent (but meaningless) in a towering rage after a huge row (e.g. "argh, i feel like slapping him!") though.

Then again, I rarely feel compelled to call people "****ing disgusting", "slag", " ****ing ********", "prick", " ****ing monkey", "****ing arsehole" and the umpteen other delightfully abusive slurs that have tripped off Ashleigh's tongue over the weeks. What a gal.
    That all goes for most of that house though. This is a very sweary house this year that's true.
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    I agree with you, OP, I was thinking the same thing last night, although they did handle it correctly, as with the Connor situation.

The Ashleigh thing isn't a huge deal - she isn't really going to smash Christopher's face in. But you don't think Conor should have been thrown out of the house for his deranged comments? That boy was in bother, in his head. If anything, C5 seemed to feel like they had to pay him off, rather than acknowledge what a maniac their 'psychologists' (their 'body language experts', etc) had allowed to slip through the net.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    That all goes for most of that house though. This is a very sweary house this year that's true.

Yes. I think it's inevitable that attitudes and behaviours are contagious and become normalised. Classic group psychology.
  • Options
    Eva_MoriganEva_Morigan Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Excellent post:)

Agree completely.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    The Ashleigh thing isn't a huge deal - she isn't really going to smash Christopher's face in. But you don't think Conor should have been thrown out of the house for his deranged comments? That boy was in bother, in his head. If anything, C5 seemed to feel like they had to pay him off, rather than acknowledge what a maniac their 'psychologists' (their 'body language experts', etc) had allowed to slip through the net.

Yes. The Conor incident, the airbrushing of Jay's 'freezer-gate' incident, and the Daley post-exit sympathy/Hazel demonization, are all massive BB lowpoints.

It's clear that even though there were big repercussions from events like Fight Night (BB5) and the Jade/Shilpa saga, Endemol is still prepared to let most things slide in pursuit of salacious entertainment. They still use secret houses and copious alcohol to set up conflict. They still allow HMs to isolate and pick on others. About the only thing they don't do is let any racial epithets be used.
  • Options
    SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theredendi wrote: »
    Not the point I was making. I never said she was actually going to do it, nor do I think she's anything like Connor.

My point was that I wouldn't dream of saying anything like that to a mate - I question the strength of her friendship with him.

As an aside, you said that it could be because I don't understand Irish humour. Now you say that it wasn't said in humour. Which is it? Irritation/stress or humour? If it's the former, that's what I think is a pretty poor show, even in an argument.

Glad you cleared some of it up by saying you don't believe she would do it as any sensible person would already know. So your point is that YOU would never act like that yet you question her friendship based on what? How you would act or how you THINK she would act! If you read my post I also mentioned how some young people interact not just their sense of humour but you can pick what bits you want if that floats your boat! Their interaction can involve both irritation and humour and although it may seem quite irrational to an adult it is usually all forgotten very quickly often after a bout of stubbornness which seems to the case.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, because he obviously wasn't going to do what he was mockingly singing about. Like I said, they handled it correctly, instead of pandering to the hysterical banshees on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor wasn't joking, and I'm not convinced Ashleigh was either.

This 'banter' thing - isn't it just a way for genuinely unbalanced people not to have follow through on their threats the next day? Dunno about anyone else, but if I was told I'd even suggested I was going to smash someone's face in, or violate them sexually, in graphic style, I'm pretty sure I'd check myself into the nearest lunatic asylum.

I'm not talking about Connor, and I know from your previous Ashleigh is not a fan of yours either. If you read my post it states you have to take into account the tone and context before you can make statements about unbalanced people!:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    Glad you cleared some of it up by saying you don't believe she would do it as any sensible person would already know. So your point is that YOU would never act like that yet you question her friendship based on what? How you would act or how you THINK she would act! If you read my post I also mentioned how some young people interact not just their sense of humour but you can pick what bits you want if that floats your boat! Their interaction can involve both irritation and humour and although it may seem quite irrational to an adult it is usually all forgotten very quickly often after a bout of stubbornness which seems to the case.
    Maybe it's just that you don't get the Irish sense of humour or how they (certain sections of the youth) interact with friends? It can come across as quite aggressive even threatening at times but I can assure you it is mostly banter as you will hear it quite a bit and it is tongue in cheek.

Humour, aggressive, threatening, banter, tongue in cheek. These are the ways you describe the interactions of some Irish people. I question her friendship based on that I don't think what she said was said in humour, as banter, or tongue-in-cheek at all. She was sneering and quite bitter with it. There was certainly aggression and an element of threat there (though, as we've both agreed, not genuine). So what am I missing? I still don't think that's an acceptable way to talk to a good friend. You can form your opinions of HMs relationships based on your experiences, and I can base my opinions of HMs relationships on mine.

I'm not solely basing my opinions on how I would act. I'm also basing my opinion that she's not really bothered about Christopher on her previous interactions with other people. She was never like this with Danielle, despite being irritated with her at a number of points (discussion about Danielle wanting to leave, being an example), so I don't think that the way she treated Christopher is just symptomatic of how she is with good friends. She called Christopher a prick. Did she call her friend's names? She's certainly called Helen names, though, who at the time was her enemy.

Interestingly, since Danielle left, she's been laughing along with Helen and crew about her being miserable and a grandma, so I don't see a great deal of loyalty in Ashleigh towards those she gets close to in the house. I've no problem with this, incidentally - why should she have? It's a game.

It seems that you're coming from the angle of "She obviously wasn't being nasty about what she said as why would she screw up a nice friendship with Christopher?" whereas I'm coming from the angle of "She doesn't really care all that much about Christopher in the first place, so treats him like she does the people she doesn't really like".

Who's right? Who knows, but they're differing and valid opinions.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boo-hoo.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big_erm wrote: »
    I completely agree !!

As rude as Helen has been, i don't recall her saying she wanted to smash a particular persons head through a mirror
    Eh? Helen said she wanted to punch some one. It was weeks ago.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, because he obviously wasn't going to do what he was mockingly singing about. Like I said, they handled it correctly, instead of pandering to the hysterical banshees on here.
    It was a disaster with Conor and they handled it appallingly.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree that he probably wouldn't assault Deana with an epilator, but wouldn't put it past him to hit her if she chucked water over him, as he said it with such obvious malice and still clearly had a lot of malice towards her after the show, judging from some of his retweets.
  • Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh deary me , Ashleigh and Christopher are like siblings. Connor and Deanna were mortal enemies. Daley was a thug. Hardly comparable is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humour, aggressive, threatening, banter, tongue in cheek. These are the ways you describe the interactions of some Irish people. I question her friendship based on that I don't think what she said was said in humour, as banter, or tongue-in-cheek at all. She was sneering and quite bitter with it. There was certainly aggression and an element of threat there (though, as we've both agreed, not genuine). So what am I missing? I still don't think that's an acceptable way to talk to a good friend. You can form your opinions of HMs relationships based on your experiences, and I can base my opinions of HMs relationships on mine.

I'm not solely basing my opinions on how I would act. I'm also basing my opinion that she's not really bothered about Christopher on her previous interactions with other people. She was never like this with Danielle, despite being irritated with her at a number of points (discussion about Danielle wanting to leave, being an example), so I don't think that the way she treated Christopher is just symptomatic of how she is with good friends. She called Christopher a prick. Did she call her friend's names? She's certainly called Helen names, though, who at the time was her enemy.

Interestingly, since Danielle left, she's been laughing along with Helen and crew about her being miserable and a grandma, so I don't see a great deal of loyalty in Ashleigh towards those she gets close to in the house. I've no problem with this, incidentally - why should she have? It's a game.

It seems that you're coming from the angle of "She obviously wasn't being nasty about what she said as why would she screw up a nice friendship with Christopher?" whereas I'm coming from the angle of "She doesn't really care all that much about Christopher in the first place, so treats him like she does the people she doesn't really like".

Who's right? Who knows, but they're differing and valid opinions.

We got there in the end:D TBH I said that it can come across as threatening/aggressive and must add if they don't understand the dialect/accent/local slang. However I doubt very much if this is solely an Irish thing as it seems to be UK wide but like the Scottish accent the N.Irish accent can also come across as harsh to others which can exaggerate the situation. We can all pick holes in selected conversations from a heavily edited show, after all Ashleigh said that Christopher had been going at her for a while yet we didn't see it so who knows the true context that set her off. I doubt very much she would hold it against him as that would be silly, she is like a lot of teenagers but also shows elements of a young woman beyond her years. What I don't get is the vitriol against her when she does the slightest thing.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So comparing Ashleigh and Conor. The two things in common is they have are a very nasty mouth and an aggressive nature. That was not banter by Ashleigh, that was aggression. But Conor came across as a nasty psycho and Ashleigh a nasty spoilt brat. So I think Conor loses on that one and that's where the comparison ends.

What would've been interesting if someone had said this to Ashleigh. Pretty sure they'd be calls for the HM to be immediatley evitcted, phone calls to Ofcom and campaigns popping up all over the place against said HM. But if people point out that really wasn't very nice of Ashleigh to someone who is supposed to be her mate, that's not allowed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about Connor, and I know from your previous Ashleigh is not a fan of yours either. If you read my post it states you have to take into account the tone and context before you can make statements about unbalanced people!:o

We're not in the BB house, we're just commenting. Who knows what the pressures they're under really feel like? Still, I'm struggling to imagine a set of circumstances in which I figured it was okay to talk about wanting to smash anyone's face in. She won't do it, but doesn't the fact that she's considered it, however briefly, seem a bit extreme?

What else are we supposed to assume, except that Ashleigh is a somewhat dangerous and angry lunatic. What's she going to be like when, inevitably, she gets a job in the City? I'd rather have Winston running my pension fund. It would be a disaster, no doubt, but at least that way I'd have a clean-ish conscience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're not in the BB house, we're just commenting. Who knows what the pressures they're under really feel like? Still, I'm struggling to imagine a set of circumstances in which I figured it was okay to talk about wanting to smash anyone's face in. She won't do it, but doesn't the fact that she's considered it, however briefly, seem a bit extreme?

What else are we supposed to assume, except that Ashleigh is a somewhat dangerous and angry lunatic. What's she going to be like when, inevitably, she gets a job in the City? I'd rather have Winston running my pension fund, to be honest. That way, I'd have a clean-ish conscience.

Lol, here now we have the award for the most over the top post of the day. Ashleigh is now a dangerous lunatic!:o also good luck with Winston looking after your pension fund the guy can hardly string two sentences together::D. Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Helen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, here now we the award for most over the top post of the day. Ashleigh is now a dangerous lunatic!:o also good luck with Winston looking after your pension fund the guy can hardly string two sentences together::D. Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Helen?

You can probably imagine; I'd like Helen to win.

We hear a lot about light triumphing over dark - Helen has been terrible, of course, but sometimes, is my thinking, it's more amusing to watch the villain get away with it.
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    Lol, here now we have the award for the most over the top post of the day. Ashleigh is now a dangerous lunatic!:o also good luck with Winston looking after your pension fund the guy can hardly string two sentences together::D. Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Helen?

Not only is Ashleigh a dangerous lunatic, she also, apparently, has the mark of the Devil, and is, apparently, a Satan Worshiper.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to write a parody post of someone protecting Ashleigh, by either blaming others or justifying what she said, but you've saved me the effort - cheers :D

I shall used the saved minutes wisely and make a salad!

I have no fave this year or one i seriously dislike. But the poster you are scoffing at is right about Christopher, he has an annoying side. hence the wasp nick name. He also started that tiff due to the fact he negated Ashleighs feelings and was irritable himself. his irritable, impatient response started the argument actually. He went to argue with Mark the same day and looked in bad form.
    Ashleigh is far from perfect,a typical stroppy teen, noone is perfect and Christopher is far from perfect they are human and had a silly tiff. Christopher fans are saying Ashleigh fans think she can do wrong but they are guilty of thinking the same about Christopher and have blown up this whole thing. The guy is well able for anyone in that house, he is the cleverest and most emotionally controlled in there. and is playing hard.
    Comparing Conor who remark was hateful, sexual and very insulting to Ashleighs which was spur of the moment annoyance is ridiculous. We have all said "I would love to bang their heads together or I will kill/ slaughter him/her, when annoyed at someone we know and even love. The fact that a lot of people criticizing this are Helen fans is laughable and hypocritical..
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    So Conor in reference to Deana and an epilator, said he would "Stick it up her f**king m**ge".

Last night we heard Ashleigh say she would "smash Christophers head through a mirror" before calling him a "d*ck". Ash has bore the brunt of calling Jale a maggot since time began but seemingly Ashleighs behaviour & language has been somewhat glossed over - why?

She's a princess on a golden throne didn't you know that! Pure as the driven slush that one.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't comment on Connor because I skipped that series after the odious previous couple of winners put me off the show.

But we know from other housemates (Chris and Christopher) that Ashleigh does speak to other housemates in a snappy, aggressive manner - but it's not broadcast. It's not a suspicion - we heard the housemates discuss it.

And I'm sorry...but if Helen had said what Ashleigh had said to Christopher about smashing his head and the mirror, there would be called to remove Helen from the house.

It's time to stop covering up and making excuses for Ashleigh.