Options

GTA V Midnight Launches and Supermarket Deals

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone care to start to add these, so some of us can select the best deal.

Hoping for a Sainsburys midnight launch, discounted game with shopping type deal (like they do for COD).

Comments

• Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea. I'll be getting a good nights sleep then taking a trip into town in the morning so this thread my prove useful(if ppl post of course)
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know the cheapest in store price?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco are doing £32 with PSN or Xbox cards.
  • Options
    xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Tesco are doing £32 with PSN or Xbox cards.

are they is that just instore
  • Options
    Graeme_WoodGraeme_Wood Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Online too -

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gta-v-ps3-25-psn-voucher-for-52-delivered-xbox-360-offer-tesco-direct-with-code-1657707

GTA V + £25 PSN code for £52 with discount code TDX-DV73
    Xbox comes with 4200 points for £61.50 using the same code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a distinct lack of activity on this thread. Hoping the supermarkets aren't thinking only COD is worth a midnight launch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I've been keeping an eye on the Sainsburys Facebook page and noticed they aren't doing a midnight launch and have said its going to cost £41.79 in store.
  • Options
    mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    If the supermarkets don't launch at midnight when will they make it available to buy, as I want to pop in to my local tesco on my way to work at about 6am to grab a copy?
  • Options
    stumcdstumcd Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Thinking of popping to game tonight. Will I have to have pre ordered or can I just show up??
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most supermarkets are open 24/7 so no need to do a special midnight launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Most supermarkets are open 24/7 so no need to do a special midnight launch.

That's what has suddenly clicked in my slow brain! So by all rights, I could simply walk into one of York's 24 hour big Tescos and say "I'd like a copy of GTA V, as it's just gone 12:01AM, my fine fellow" and Bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt? :)
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    That's what has suddenly clicked in my slow brain! So by all rights, I could simply walk into one of York's 24 hour big Tescos and say "I'd like a copy of GTA V, as it's just got 12:01AM, my fine fellow" and Bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt? :)

they did for GTA 4, got mine at a midnight launch in my local Tesco
  • Options
    ChugsterChugster Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I guess it depends whether the person responsible for the entertainment section at that time of night is clued up. As far as my local tescos is concerned, I'm not counting on it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    they did for GTA 4, got mine at a midnight launch in my local Tesco

Sounds like a plan. Just tried to call one of them to check and got some absolutely hilarious phone bot giving me options of no use at all.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every big launch night my local tescos have around 3-400 people who begin queuing at 11pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Every big launch night my local tescos have around 3-400 people who begin queuing at 11pm.
    Three to 400, that's a wide variation :D

I thought I'd buy COD from Tesco last year with the game + PSN card deal they always do, I was a bit worried about going there at midnight thinking it would be full of idiots but alas I swaggered in at 11:59 and was out of there by 12:01.

No one around. And this is a big Tesco Extra store with a very large catchment area!

In fact there were more staff standing around the display at the front of the store than customers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Three to 400, that's a wide variation :D
    Depends on the game, The last COD I was near the front of at least 300, When GTA IV came out it was easily over 400.
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I went to my local ASDA for the MW3 launch and was in a massive queue outside the shop in the freezing cold. Someone came out and shouted pre-orders queue inside, the queue inside had about ten people in I was out the shop at 12.05 and loading the game at 12.10.

Hoping for the same tonight as I have pre-ordered at ASDA. I read that ASDA have big plans for the launch but can't imagine what it could be. A little goody bag like they did with Black Ops 2 would be nice though. :p
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you go into the supermarket after midnight and don't see any copies jus ask at the customer services or if someone's about at the electrical and they will go get you one.

I did this for a few FIFA's and Skyrim. They usually dnt put them out till the morning but if you ask they will get you one.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

Now I am interested to know which game only manage to get 3 people to line up for it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Now I am interested to know which game only manage to get 3 people to line up for it :D

:D. . .
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

Probably halo
  • Options
    Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    stay safe tonight peeps if ur going out
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Wow 37 reviews later and we're looking at a 98 on Metacritic.

I notice some reviewers taking issue at the "misogynistic nature" of the game, along with the extreme violence. I always thought GTA was rife with satire? I can't imagine this game being much different, is it just people getting their knicker in a bunch over nothing?

The Eurogamer comments section on an article based on a torture scene is full people hating on the game and Rockstar. Didn't read the article myself as I don't want to spoil anything.

Also, I'm seeing a few spoilers I noticed, try to keep things a little under wrap at least until tomorrow guys. Some things are nice to find out for ourselves.
  • Options
    Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preordered mine from ASDA, they gave me a printed receipt with 'preorder GTA V' on thats all, didnt pay for it or anything

They say they'll keep it for 48hours

But does anyone think I'll still need to go to a midnight launch to make sure I get it??? Has anyone else preordered from ASDA?