Eastenders: Will writers just throw Ben with Jonny?

LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You know, since this is Eastenders and they're only two gays in the village and all. I feel Luca or whatever his name is has a sell-by date.

Comments

• O-JO-J Posts: 18,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather Johnny stay gay, and Ben became Bisexual

Then, we have LGBT! We already have a Transsexual in Cora! (Just Kidding)
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I'm open to the idea as long as it comes naturally, like a straight relationship would. Forcing two characters together for storyline purposes usually never works out for the best.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I'd rather Johnny stay gay, and Ben became Bisexual

Then, we have LGBT! We already have a Transsexual in Cora! (Just Kidding)

I'll try not to take offence to that on behalf of Cora due to the bib. ;-):p

In regard to the OP, I hope the writers do something drastic that ensures Ben and Johnny never even have to meet, because I can already see Johnny becoming the Ritchie to Ben's Phil in exchange for sexual favours.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect Ben will have a lot to do when he first arrives so I don't think we'll see anything other than them getting to know each other in the first few months. Something may happen by Christmas, especially if that's when everything explodes with the Carters.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    You know, since this is Eastenders and they're only two gays in the village and all. I feel Luca or whatever his name is has a sell-by date.

The only people throwing Ben with Johnny are the members of this forum to be honest, even if it's just speculating that it might happen.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what the issue is with Ben and Johnny getting together. It is natural thing to do with two young gay characters and would given writers scope to create great storylines and drama. With Sam Strike and hopefully the new person playing Ben they have two strong talented actors who have screen chemistry and will be able to take on whatever is thrown at them

Ben and Johnny have had difficult times coming to terms that they are gay and have one parent who cannot deal with it so they have things in common. It would be natural for them to create a friendship with someone understands what they going through and that could lead to romance. Who knows Ben may be reformed and studying at University where he meet Johnny?.

I think it is about time Eastenders had another gay couple so why not Ben and Johnny rather than having to bring someone in and add to an already full cast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I orignally thought Ben was coming back when Luca was introduced... we had the news he was back and that seemed like logical way to reintroduce the character (low key entry,actualy feasible) but obviously that didn't happen. Im assuming he has something to do with Lucy....not her killer but a connection...
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

I'd be extremely surprised if Luca came back at all. Remember Johnny said he was going to go with him, but he could tell from Luca's reaction that he didn't want him to. The whole point of the story was just to get the "first time" over and done with, he'll now have the confidence to find a real boyfriend, and it also showed that Linda is coming to terms with it. It's the end of the whole difficult coming out story isn't it.

It will be a bit lazy if they do end up putting him with Ben. Johnny deserves better!
  • valeriya1valeriya1 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    ffs no
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny and Ben will get together because it's going to create some fireworks- Shirley will be livid- Ben killed Hev, Johnny is really her Grandson, Ben will play Sharon off against Phil, then there is Ian- lots of drama.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Johnny and Ben will get together because it's going to create some fireworks- Shirley will be livid- Ben killed Hev, Johnny is really her Grandson, Ben will play Sharon off against Phil, then there is Ian- lots of drama.

This.
    I don't see what the issue is with Ben and Johnny getting together. It is natural thing to do with two young gay characters and would given writers scope to create great storylines and drama.

It's only natural if the pairing is natural [geez, I don't like the fact that soaps seem to have this underlying message that all gay people end up with each other at one point or another]. Time will tell that, great drama aside, that Johnny and Ben have any natural chemistry and common interests.

What would Johnny think of the fact Ben murdered someone, I wonder...
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    If it works, it works. I'll wait and see how it turns out on screen, if they go that way.